User Tag List

First 345

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I wear black as much as I can, because it is my favorite color and because it allows one to fade out more easily, and I only want to be the target of attention when I choose (which is not often).
    Do you honestly believe wearing mostly black will help you "blend in"?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Not blend in per se, in the sense that it makes me look like others. Just that it is the opposite of loud.

I also like how you put the phrase in quotes when I never said it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

I don't think you understood what I meant, and judging from your response I probably shouldn't have said anything at all. So, forget I said anything. Carry on.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    MP wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan
    I wear black as much as I can, because it is my favorite color and because it allows one to fade out more easily, and I only want to be the target of attention when I choose (which is not often).
    I am quoting and responding because this is my attitude as well. In fact, MP seems to have a slightly dressier version of my own wardrobe tastes. Fade out, blend in: either way, the purpose is not to call attention to ourselves. I realize in some settings, it would stand out like a sore thumb, but I spend little to no time in such circles. I also value the practicality and simplicity, and just feel comfortable in that color and other rather dark shades. One of the INTJ type descriptions says about our appearance that we somehow blend in and stand out at the same time. I can see this. At first glance there is nothing remarkable about my wardrobe. The more one thinks about it, though, the more one finds it to be outside the mainstream.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    Well you have me much less to work with in regards to subcultures you feel you belong to or want to emulate, however what stood out to me were your many mentions of little accessories specifically yor earthy bracelet and that you like 60-70s vibe. What is it about those eras that are attractive to you? By emulating their style what do you think that incorporates to you. I would guess that you value individuality and authenticity/nature. You have your mods and disco but those decades strike me as very much about youth and effortless beauty themes, as compared to the structured plastic mess ofthe 80s. Also, while obviously tumultuous for whatever reason they also make me think of sort of sleepy sunshine and happiness, positivity as compared to the angst of the nineties or raging, energetic decadence of the twenties. Of course these are all my nostalgic versions.

So in summary you like fun, charming details that exude your originality but not in a confrontational way.

Maybe. This is really supposed to be about self-determinism
    Yeah, I think this is pretty good. I've been thinking about this more, like what else I could include, and I also like an industrial aesthetic as well as nice "lines". I'm a sucker for anything with a clean line or nice tailoring. Kind of the "hard" side of what I like I suppose. As far as industrial, raw-looking metals, leather, kind of grungy looking are all appealing to me.

I do think the 60s and 70s kind of represent a kind of emphasis on the arts, individual freedoms and empowerment, humanitarianism and love, social liberalism, etc. The female looks were strong and feminine. It was okay to be sexy and it was okay to be powerful and those were kind of statements if you chose to dress that way as a woman. I feel like asserting my femininity, my strength, and my creativity is something important to me.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.