User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah that's cool i like that...it is interesting. hmm...i did a horrible job of going there with my answer. it might take a day to reflect haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Because the clothes are comfortable, fit well, and are stylish.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I wear mostly black or navy cotton briefs from American Eagle because they are comfortable (they don't give me wedgies), they last for years and years (longer than guy's briefs), and the dark colors don't show blood stains. They are also cute, like very plain Underoos.

I wear lightly padded (keeps nipples from showing), racerback (keeps straps from falling down) bras from Victoria's Secret (because it's hard to find adult style bras in a 32A). They have mesh sides which make them somewhat less sweaty, which is a bonus point. They stopped making the ones I like and I'm in a mild panic about it.

I almost always wear either Dansko shoes or my (single strap with toe loop) Chaco sandals. I have heel spurs and the good arch support keeps my feet from hurting so much. My tooled leather Dansko clogs are beautiful and slip on and go well with jeans. My Dansko maryjane sneakers are comfy and go better with stuff that goes with sneakers, but I mostly got them because they were on sale for a really good price. My Dansko boots are probably the most comfortable shoes I own and they look pretty cute and match almost anything. My Chacos are cute, have a lifetime warranty on the soles and the straps can be replaced for $15, though I've worn them almost every day for two summers and they aren't showing any major wear despite my puppy chewing on them. They are really, really comfortable and I can walk for miles in them without my feet hurting.

I wear jeans and capris most of the time because I can wear whatever I want because I'm a housewife. It can be hard to find jeans that fit, so I spent an excessive amount of money (by my standards) on a few pairs of Gap jeans. I'm not thrilled with them, but they were the best I could come up with. Some of my capris are really comfy, but I have a couple of pairs that are so-so comfy but show off my butt because sometimes I like my husband to not want to keep his hands off me and I have a pretty nice butt.

If I'm just hanging out around the house, I wear mostly oversized black WoW tees because I like WoW and one of the good things about tiny boobs is that you can wear an oversized black tee with no bra and it won't look indecent. If I'm going out, I usually wear a baby doll tee with something geeky on it. They are more flattering on a flat-chested body than a lot of other styles and I like geeky stuff because I'm kind of geeky and it makes me happy to wear them. I wish that it was easier to find them in colors besides black because if my skin is being stupid, the flakes show more on black and also black is hot to wear when it's warm outside. I'm not completely happy with the shirts I have for the winter because I need better layering stuff. Not sure where I'm going with that yet.

I like Smartwool socks for the winter because they keep my feet warmer than any other socks I've found and I really, really hate being cold. They have smaller sizes which is good because my feet are short and narrow. I have a grass green (I love green) men's Marmot down coat. It shows the dirt really bad and the fabric is not durable but my God, it is SO lightweight -- it weighs almost nothing -- but it is very warm. I expect I'm going to wear that thing until it is more mends than not because it is amazing.

I wear a wedding ring, which I picked out myself six years ago: it's pretty but not real blingy, surgical steel loop earrings because they add a little shine, but I hardly know I'm wearing them (there is nothing that pokes) and I'm not allergic to them, and a silver and peridot tree of life necklace, which I have only taken off a few times since I bought it for my birthday three years ago. I like the Celtic style and I love trees and my birthstone is peridot. It's very pretty but not real flashy.

I don't like flashy, but I do like to look like I haven't completely let myself go and I like stuff I think is fun. It is important that my clothes and shoes do not cause me physical discomfort and I really like it if they are durable. I also wear aprons when I'm cooking or washing dishes because otherwise all of my shirts would have bleach or grease spots. I love my clothes and ruining them makes me sad.

My family of origin mostly do not dress the way I do. They are more about looking nice and maybe prestige than I am. I'm a comparative slob and goof. My family is pretty vain. I probably do reflect the subculture of geeky GenX. I'm probably starting to get too old for the babydoll tees but until regular tees look better on me than they do, I'm going to keep wearing them, I think. My place in society does not have a lot of expectations about clothing, which is pretty nice.

Edit: I'm almost always also wearing my Jaybird Bluebud bluetooth headphones (they are wonderful) because I'm addicted to audiobooks.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Depends on what the clothes are.

I wear the work suits I do for very different reasons than I wear athletic stuff, or lounging stuff, or boat stuff, or general social cavorting stuff.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Gosh, I never know how to describe my clothing style, but I love clothes and get a lot of joy out of wearing things that feel like me.

1) I love beautiful details. Like pretty brass buttons with a pattern etched in or pretty embroidery or like a little scalloped edge. Nothing too flashy, just pretty little details.

2) I dress a lot in solid colors or stripes. I have a million solid colored plain fitted tees that I basically wear every day. To work I wear slacks, ballet flats or boots, a tee and a cardigan. I generally wear the same thing on a daily basis but sandals or sneakers with jeans. I stick to simple stud earrings and will occasionally throw on a necklace or a scarf if I feel like it would add to it. I HATE feeling overly-accessorized though. It makes me feel like a little girl playing pretty pretty princess. Also, like none of my jewelry is real because that's just not where I want my money to go and I'd probably lose or ruin it anyway.

3) I do like a little personal flare to be a part of my clothes always. I avoid sporting any kind of brand or logo at all (except like my converse or puma shoes). I've been wearing a friendship bracelet I made since I made it this summer. It's just brown beige and black, but it's the kind of relaxed earthy spin I like to put on things.

4) I love to get dressed up though! I love to put on a cute dress and heels and lipstick and go out. I still need it to be consistent with my aesthetic, and usually go for solid cotton dresses.

5) I do like mixing in bright colors, loud patterns, or bold pieces. I just keep everything else toned down around it.

6) I usually wear makeup, but mainly because I have kinda crappy skin tone. Also, since my hair's short, mascara'd lashes look good. I do occasionally wear a bright plastic flower barrette in my hair. Also my sunglasses are neon orange frames, but I've always been an aviator girl. Big brown sack purse for LIFE!

Edit: I like to keep up on current fashion trends. I definitely keep an eye on them, but avoid looking too trendy. I also love mixing in a good 60's or 70's vibe whenever possible.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by CapLawyer View Post
    Because the clothes are comfortable, fit well, and are stylish.
    How do you decided what's stylish?

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Good thread idea. I intend to follow it. It's interesting to see trends in type.

My answer would be too long to write right now, so for now I'll answer the last one and say I would prefer to dress much of the time like a combination of a fairy and a prehistoric person. That doesn't fit in too well with society, especially if I decided to go partially nude covered in glitter and body paint.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

@cafe @DiscoBiscuit @nicolita

Do you think the choices you make in clothing aligns you with similar like minded people? What qualities do you think your clothes express. When you think about what you consider "stylish" or "good" about clothing what are those judgements contracted against?

Cafe: you really know the functionality of your clothing. Do you think striving for things that are quantifiably "good" is in anyway a reaction against the vanity you notice in your family/society.

Disco: do you notice that your cavorting/casual clothing is different for clothing other people your age wear when they are cavorting? Why do you think that is? Also do you find suits limiting or so you enjoy them. Do you like be grouped within "suit wearering professionls" or do you try to wear suits that make you stand out more.

Nicolita: how do you think your aesthetic developed? I thought I was interesting how you idea accessories of fabric choices to stay within your aesthetic. Do you think there are any underlying associations or feelings you get from your earthy bracelet, orange glasses, barrettes or cotton? Where do those associations/feelings stem from?

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    I'm anticipating a lot of "it's comfortable" remarks but try to go beyond that. What makes you comfortable about the clothes you selected. Do you feel you choose clothes that align you with a particular sub-culture (coporate culture, rave culture, sorority culture, ethnic culture). If you have clothing with imagery why are you attracted to that if you don't why do you avoid clothing with imagery. Are your clothes similar to the clothing of your family/friends? Different? Do you use clothing to connect yourself or model yourself after any personal icons or types. Is there a type of clothing you want to wear but feel you can't because of the reaction of others or perhaps that it doesn't fit with your place in society?
    I just wear clothes that fit my figure well. I'm tall/lanky, so the availability of skinny jeans was a godsend. I wear a lot of graphic tee shirts of images I like, or of things I like; bands, films, etc. Blank things are just comfort, colors/layers, I guess. I tend to be attracted to punkish looking clothing, but it's toned down over the years. I listen to a lot of that sort of music, & am friends with people more involved in underground music scenes and soforth, but I don't identify with any one social group, personally. I'm not quite as hip-looking as my peers, I suppose. Fairly simple. The clothes I wear are cheap & fit well. I can order the jeans online & not have to shop for them- I hate shopping. Same goes for my sneakers (converse- I've worn since I was a kid, the sizes always run the same, I can order them/have them shipped direct to me, no unpleasant surprises, just move on with my life). My tee shirts can be altered when I get bored or used to make something new, like sunglasses/electronics cases, or patches for holes in other things. So there's sort of a creative versatility to it, as well as simplicity.

There's nothing I wish I could wear that I don't feel like I could wear because of how others would react, or that it doesn't fit with my place in society. I don't have a "place," in society, in my mind. If others have placed me somewhere, that's their problem. It's just clothes. I wear what I like, and I like what fits well, and I like what might display pictures of things I enjoy or find amusing, or designs I find aesthetically pleasing to look at. I dislike formalwear, or dresses in general- though I do own some for acting or events I have to go to. I don't feel like a particularly feminine person, & I associate dressing up with mandatory formal events rife with artificiality. In essence, it is a costume. I certainly don't feel like myself in it.

That's it, I guess.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Gosh, I never know how to describe my clothing style, but I love clothes and get a lot of joy out of wearing things that feel like me.

1) I love beautiful details. Like pretty brass buttons with a pattern etched in or pretty embroidery or like a little scalloped edge. Nothing too flashy, just pretty little details.

2) I dress a lot in solid colors or stripes. I have a million solid colored plain fitted tees that I basically wear every day. To work I wear slacks, ballet flats or boots, a tee and a cardigan. I generally wear the same thing on a daily basis but sandals or sneakers with jeans. I stick to simple stud earrings and will occasionally throw on a necklace or a scarf if I feel like it would add to it. I HATE feeling overly-accessorized though. It makes me feel like a little girl playing pretty pretty princess. Also, like none of my jewelry is real because that's just not where I want my money to go and I'd probably lose or ruin it anyway.

3) I do like a little personal flare to be a part of my clothes always. I avoid sporting any kind of brand or logo at all (except like my converse or puma shoes). I've been wearing a friendship bracelet I made since I made it this summer. It's just brown beige and black, but it's the kind of relaxed earthy spin I like to put on things.

4) I love to get dressed up though! I love to put on a cute dress and heels and lipstick and go out. I still need it to be consistent with my aesthetic, and usually go for solid cotton dresses.

5) I do like mixing in bright colors or bold pieces. I just keep everything else toned down around it.

6) I usually wear makeup, but mainly because I have kinda crappy skin tone. Also, since my hair's short, mascara'd lashes look good. I do occasionally wear a bright plastic flower barrette in my hair. Also my sunglasses are neon orange frames, but I've always been an aviator girl. Big brown sack purse for LIFE!

Edit: I like to keep up on current fashion trends. I definitely keep an eye on them, but avoid looking too trendy. I also love mixing in a good 60's or 70's vibe whenever possible.
    so so much the same as mine too.

details yeah... that's a good way of pointing out the things that usually draw me in.

i sort of romanticize the past and the future so tend to like things that reflect back to a certain period that i like...or...jumps ahead to a potential one my mind envisions....like in that very minimalistic way...that way that almost looks ancient.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison