Thread: Halloween

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I just replaced my first post in this thread (post #3) with real pictures of myself from Halloween situations: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=1#post2138461

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Love it! We usually do a couples thing too. Last year we were Wendy Peffercorn and Squints Palledorus from The Sandlot.

The economy hospital patient thing reminds me of the kinds of costumes my INTJ friend does. I appreciate the cleverness behind it.
    I could have a fake IV that read "Quantitative Easing".

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

@Poimandres how cute are you?! Awesome pics. I usually go to a costume party, so that's been my way of adultifying dressing up

@Lady X I think it would be so much fun! Especially with my current haircut. I was thinking the Mr. could go as Zoolander so that we're both models. I picture you making a good Natasha, the Russian spy from Rocky and Bullwinkle.

@DiscoBiscuit that's the spirit! You could get your girl to be Dr. Federal Reserve. The possibilities are endless.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Haha that's a funny suggestion. I like it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

@Poimandres how cute are you?! Awesome pics. I usually go to a costume party, so that's been my way of adultifying dressing up

@Lady X I think it would be so much fun! Especially with my current haircut. I was thinking the Mr. could go as Zoolander so that we're both models. I picture you making a good Natasha, the Russian spy from Rocky and Bullwinkle.

@DiscoBiscuit that's the spirit! You could get your girl to be Dr. Federal Reserve. The possibilities are endless.
    They are about to appoint a new fed chairman, Larry Summers or someone else I can't remember the name of. We could roll that somehow into her FED costume.

My only worry is that most people wouldn't get it. Another smart one, she could go as a red line, and I could dress up like Assad and jump over it. I figure that would be less offensive than one of us going as Assad and the other going as Sarin gas.

Or someone could go as Obama, and someone else could go as a tomahawk. You would need a third to play Assad who runs away from the missile and taunts Obama.

Another good one would be, going as the ACA, and just wear a white shirt that has sharpie writing saying no one understands me, not even the guy writing this.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I really really want to dress up as Alex De Large from A Clockwork Orange. But unfortunately not too many people in this area, (or country come to think of it), really pays attention to Halloween.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I love it!! Especially now, because I can take the boys trick or treating on ACTUAL Halloween and attend all the cool parties as an adult too!

I'm going as Rorschach this year from the watchmen with this amazing mask:

http://www.rorschachmasks.com/features.html (Mine is Version 1.)

And I'm in the process of building a costume for my mother. She wants to go as Shiva the Destroyer.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTp

I love Halloween! Frida Kahlo and Twiggy are among my top ideas ATM.
    If you dress up as Frida Kahlo nobody will know who you are trying to be. That's a con. OTOH, after googling it seems clear to me that any attempt to masquerade as this individual will involve a unibrow and a mustache. That's a pro.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I would think it would be tough to pull off Frida Kahlo well for an "adult" halloween party.

For guys the MO is usually try to be funny. For girls it seems to be try to be sexy.

I would give mad props to anyone who can make the unibrow sexy!

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Oh I purposely go unsexy as a big middle finger to that whole thing, haha. Not purposely unattractive, just not sexed up. My goal is awesome fun costume, and I never have been a "slutty" version of anything. Wendy Peffercorn last year and Carly and Ricky Bobby from Talladega Nights the year before were two sex symbols in a row, and I was kinda resistant to it. But, awesome and funny trumped it, and I went for it. In the past I've been a dragon, Marvin the Martian, M.I.A., and George Washington
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.