I think being ugly should be classified as a disease. It can have a significant impact on an individual's wellbeing. If you're ugly you should be entitled to free plastic surgery, I think. I know beauty is "subjective," but there is an obvious objective standard to beauty as well.
- Up to 89% of ugly people kill themselves
- it makes you get made fun of, and usually ugly people are socially isolated so they're the most likely to be the type to shoot up the school in the future.
- Social isolation from being ugly can turn into avoidant personality, schzoid personality or even schizophrenia.
- A lot of people say "looks don't matter," but science and evolution kind of disprove that for the most part.
- Most people that would date a person 99.99% of other people wouldn't touch because of their appearance are usually freaks themselves.
- They're less likely to do well in school and be successful in life because of the emotional turmoil that can coincide with bullying.
- Also it's hard for them to be happy because they can't get dates and it's harder for them to have friends that will tolerate being around someone ugly (you know because people don't want their reputation to be brought down by having ugly people around them)
I don't understand how being ugly isn't already considered a disease especially in today's society.
Do you think being ugly should be classified as a disease? Given all that can come along with it?