First 23456 Last

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Aware.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post

I am writing this from my point of view and my experiences. I'm called ugly every single day. i honestly think it should be classified as a disability
    are you freakin kidding me? are you like 12 and this is like your 8 yr old annoying brother? adults just simply don't do that do they?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    are you freakin kidding me? are you like 12 and this is like your 8 yr old annoying brother? adults just simply don't do that do they?
    I've never been called ugly but I'd venture say people probably say it to each other around that age. Middle school years, man.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

If it were classified as a disease, what changes should that bring about in how society manages it? Some pay laws? Affirmative action in certain situations? Not making fun. I'm genuinely curious how you think a "diseased" status could help you and people like yourself.

Anyway, I believe that wen there's a person, there's a way to aesthetically bring out the best of what they've got, barring only extreme medical situations (500+ pound morbid obesity, entire face blown off, being a headless ghost, etc, etc). It may be tough to find: what's in style will not flatter everybody, and that counts against no one.

I hope the above does not come off as dismissive. I in fact do believe it to extremes and ground out my own style under pressure.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just think no one is entitled to "pretty" plus...pretty is way too subjective and you can be so cool/smart/funny/interesting that no one even notices. truly. it happens all the time

there are a ton of people who weren't blessed with natural beauty but exude it in other ways. start believing this and it will allow others to as well.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It is, I'm sure, a disadvantage, but it's too subjective to quantify. It's also not a disease. A disability might be closer, but quantifying it really would be difficult. At this point, you'd have better luck getting that status from mental illness resulting indirectly from ugliness and I think it realistically could, but doesn't have to. There are other factors that influence how debilitating it is.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post

I am writing this from my point of view and my experiences. I'm called ugly every single day. i honestly think it should be classified as a disability
    Stop beating yourself up. Gather and compose yourself. You are not ugly. I'm curious though, have you done something that you're punishing yourself for, that you haven't shared with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i just think no one is entitled to "pretty" plus...pretty is way too subjective and you can be so cool/smart/funny/interesting that no one even notices. truly. it happens all the time

there are a ton of people who weren't blessed with natural beauty but exude it in other ways. start believing this and it will allow others to as well.
    Right on.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

To be brief, "ugly" and "beautiful" are grossly subjective concepts. Make taking advantage of that subjectivity your pleasure.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

It's pretty possible to make up for ugliness with personality and a decent shape. Weeks ago, I read that Ronaldinho lost his virginity when he was just 13 (in my hood, that's a win), and has gotten laid a lot since then.

Oh, money also helps.

The way you carry yourself also matters a lot. Anderson Silva looked fugly when younger:

Nowadays he looks somewhat attractive even:
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

google chunk from goonies. he probably turned out the best of anyone in that film. funny how the ugly ducklings often grow up to surpass their "pretty" peers
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian