User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

therapist stat
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

Ugly is subjective, dingus

Enneagram
    9w8

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...A2D18B5096963E
    Ugly is Not a Disease, believing that anything that is different is ugly IS. It's a disease of the mind and its symptoms are bias, ignorance, intolerance, fear and hatred. Ugly is as ugly does.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Threads of this sort are making me reconsider joining this forum.

Insert Snarky Quip Here Stigmata's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by lunareclipze View Post
    I think being ugly should be classified as a disease. It can have a significant impact on an individual's wellbeing. If you're ugly you should be entitled to free plastic surgery, I think. I know beauty is "subjective," but there is an obvious objective standard to beauty as well.

- Up to 89% of ugly people kill themselves
    - it makes you get made fun of, and usually ugly people are socially isolated so they're the most likely to be the type to shoot up the school in the future.
    - Social isolation from being ugly can turn into avoidant personality, schzoid personality or even schizophrenia.
    - A lot of people say "looks don't matter," but science and evolution kind of disprove that for the most part.
    - Most people that would date a person 99.99% of other people wouldn't touch because of their appearance are usually freaks themselves.
    - They're less likely to do well in school and be successful in life because of the emotional turmoil that can coincide with bullying.
    - Also it's hard for them to be happy because they can't get dates and it's harder for them to have friends that will tolerate being around someone ugly (you know because people don't want their reputation to be brought down by having ugly people around them)
    I don't understand how being ugly isn't already considered a disease especially in today's society.
    Do you think being ugly should be classified as a disease? Given all that can come along with it?
    Citation needed.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

obviously beauty is a very subjective thing.

If anything is a disease, or at least a destructive force in society, I'd say it's the media's continued emphasis on unrealistic standards of beauty.

Another recent phenomenon seems to be an emphasis on overweight people suddenly being extolled as beautiful just as they are.

This is sort of nice, but what I would like to see emphasized is unconventional beauty. You can throw a sexy plus sized model in a magazine spread, and although it's a step forward, I think the media as a whole is missing the point: different people have widely varying standards of what they consider to be attractive and beautiful. Even the plus size models I've seen on TV and store ads tend to fit a specific mold. It's all just more prepackaged bullshit designed to sell more designer clothing and has nothing to do with helping men and women really come to terms with the fact none of them will ever look like Calvin Klein or Victoria Secret models, whether be they round or stick figure models.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    Threads of this sort are making me reconsider joining this forum.
    Ok.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

It's not so much that people have to be beautiful, but as long as they're aren't starving HIV victims in Africa, people can shape themselves to a certain extent and avoid extreme ugliness, both in structure and in character.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Ok.
    If you have such a huge fucking problem with me (and you've made it obvious you do), there's a little thing called the ignore feature. Just saying.

That said, I've already asked the admins to delete my account, posts, and threads, so no one will have to see me anymore. Adios.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    Ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyedecker View Post
    If you have such a huge fucking problem with me (and you've made it obvious you do), there's a little thing called the ignore feature. Just saying.

That said, I've already asked the admins to delete my account, posts, and threads, so no one will have to see me anymore. Adios.
    WTF!!!!