User Tag List

First 23456 Last

In Galatians 3:28 we learn, we are neither male nor female, for we are all one.

And in the Noosphere, that is, the internet, we are neither male nor female, for we are all one.

And Mole, Badger, Ratty and Toad are neither male nor female but are all one together.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Some version of a picture of yourself wouldn't work?
    I value my privacy and anonymity far too much for that. It would require substantial photoshopping/alteration, and then wouldn't feel like "me" any longer.

Something like this comes close, but is too realistic.

I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Haha... I was just thinking about how you used to have that as your avatar!
    IIRC it's the reason we became friends... @fidelia, I think, messaged me to say "hey there's this user named gromit on the forum now... reminded me of you! so you guys should get to know each other!" And the rest is history

Considering when you joined, I guess that would mean I used roughly the same avatar for two years?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I don't really care about (2), but (1) is onto something. The female avatars/images I have found just don't "feel like me" the way the male or the abstract ones do. They obviously don't look like me, but they do say something about me. I'll keep looking, though, because now it is starting to bother me that I cannot find comparable female images. (Granted, I haven't searched that widely, yet.)
    That makes sense. Though I'm wondering why you feel the need to change now?
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I pride myself on my avatars. They are pretty self explanatory.
    I like your avatars.
    (Not so much your recent cranky ones. I'm happy to see the return of the well-cut suit and classic look to your posts!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    I'm in the same boat. I relate more to female characters/celebs than male characters/celebs. On occasion, I'll use a male picture if it "feels like me." Or, you know, if he's just hot. But most of the time I find that the pictures that feel like me are female. The most "abstract" picture I've ever used had a woman in it as well haha.
    Makes sense. (LOL at the bolded. ) Like a gender reverse of Coriolis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Also EJCC, just to confirm, you mean:

?

Because OMG THAT'S ADORABLE I love that dog. I definitely wouldn't mind if you brought him back sometime.
    Well if we're going to be specific, I meant:

And thanks! I've occasionally been tempted to bring Gromit back, but... to be fair, I consider that avatar (and the image that came with it) to be sweeter and more fake Fe than I am now. I joined the forum when I was 17, back when I wasn't as sure of myself when it came to dealing with emotional issues (edit: not "emotional issues" in the psychological sense, but instead other people's emotions, and figuring out how to deal with them appropriately without walking all over their feelings. I tended to err on the side of fake Fe). Now I can deal with them confidently while maintaining an authentically warm and friendly persona*. So moving on from the almost ISFJ vibe of that avatar has felt necessary (to my Fi).

*or so I'd like to think
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I value my privacy and anonymity far too much for that. It would require substantial photoshopping/alteration, and then wouldn't feel like "me" any longer.

Something like this comes close, but is too realistic.

Ah, Fi problems.

I made the mistake of using avatars of real people who don't look like celebrities, and the results were just as annoying as the gender confusion mentioned earlier (that we've talked about elsewhere on the forum): people kept asking "is that you??" So I understand your decision not to use pics like that.

(In fact, it's the reason why two of my current favorite avatars -- my current one included -- have their backs turned.)

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'd be down for a social experiment for a week of self avis if people wanna do it...we can see if it changes how we read the posts...want to?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I was just thinking this morning that I might need my Toshiro Mifune screen-shot from Scandal avi back.

I don't really care about (2), but (1) is onto something. The female avatars/images I have found just don't "feel like me" the way the male or the abstract ones do. They obviously don't look like me, but they do say something about me. I'll keep looking, though, because now it is starting to bother me that I cannot find comparable female images. (Granted, I haven't searched that widely, yet.)
    I can agree with this sentiment. Until I found the current selfie by Vivian Maier, I hadn't really found a picture of a female that I could relate to. It's kind of silly, but having an avi that I can't relate to feels weird. It's like trying to claim to be something I'm not, if that makes any sense. It feels yucky.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

The whole process of choosing an avatar is interesting tho right? Like that thing you identify with that no one else likely gets. It's such a weird thing.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    Exactly, it's way too multidimensional; my avatar actually has a very old sage, but I'm really a young 19 year old apprentice, and no way in hell can I transform into a mighty dragon, at least not yet, but perhaps the great day draws nigh!

All hail Lord Raptor!
    I'm thinking we should all be a little concerned about it being a red dragon you are transforming into.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    And Mole, Badger, Ratty and Toad are neither male nor female but are all one together.
    That's one outlandish frankencritter. I wonder how all the pieces/parts could be fit together in a functional form?

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    That makes sense. Though I'm wondering why you feel the need to change now?
    It is not that I feel the need to change, but rather that I finally have come to notice it as a deficiency, much as the lack of good female T protagonists in fiction, or role models in certain industries, or even the gender stereotypes portrayed in much of advertising still.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

It is not that I feel the need to change, but rather that I finally have come to notice it as a deficiency, much as the lack of good female T protagonists in fiction, or role models in certain industries, or even the gender stereotypes portrayed in much of advertising still.
    Ah! Gotcha.