First 678910 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I also like Natty Bo, because it comes in cute bottles. Beer snobs shun me.
    Wait, is this related to Natural Ice? The one beer I refuse to drink is Natural Ice. It tastes like water with a vague beer flavor. Although if someone for some reason actually likes it, I won't begrudge them.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

When people are willing to completely reverse their opinion of someone based on one exchange.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Wait, is this related to Natural Ice? The one beer I refuse to drink is Natural Ice. It tastes like water with a vague beer flavor. Although if someone for some reason actually likes it, I won't begrudge them.

Just look at that little dude. How cute is he?

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Oh! I have no problems with that. I've never had it, but it's got to be better than that swill that is only made because of underage college students who don't know any better and don't have much of a choice anyway.

Interesting fact... apparently, beer cans used to come in cans that were more like cans of soup or corn. I'm sure you've seen a bottle opener with a weird triangular deal on the other end of it that is supposedly a can opener, but seems to be incredibly difficult to use. That's actually because they were needed for drinking beer out of cans. It's not so good at removing solids from cans, but it's great at removing liquids!

It's known as a church key, which may have come about as an ironic jibe at Prohibition.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Uh, that looks like a standard 355 mL longneck bottle to me.

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Interesting fact... apparently, beer cans used to come in cans that were more like cans of soup or corn. I'm sure you've seen a bottle opener with a weird triangular deal on the other end of it that is supposedly a can opener, but seems to be incredibly difficult to use. That's actually because they were needed for drinking beer out of cans. It's not so good at removing solids from cans, but it's great at removing liquids!

It's known as a church key, which may have come about as an ironic jibe at Prohibition.
    They were later made with pull-tabs; you would grasp the pull ring (which looked similar to the modern rings on cans), rip a piece of the top of the can right off and drink through the hole you created.

In Canada beer used to come in 'stubbies':

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It's the dude. He's cute.

It's the dude. He's cute.
    You said "...it comes in cute bottles," and then "look at that little dude. How cute is he?" and I think I conflated them to "it comes in cute little bottles."

"What do you mean? That's a standard bottle!" I was thinking to myself...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This conversation is reminding me of the first dirty joke I ever heard- my grandfather told it to me. He was... interesting.

Did you hear about the women's party down by the river?

Yeah, I heard they got sand in their Schlitz.

Classy.

I wonder, what happened to Schlitz? I remember plenty of Old Milwaukee at family get-togethers when I was a kid. It seems they're gone now.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

Excellent, a thread in which I can vent about all the little things that annoy me. Except I find it hard to put anything down without nesting it in caveats. Whether something annoys me depends as much on the thing itself as it does on the circumstances surrounding it. Generally, though:

1. Someone whose personality I find distinctly unattractive making romantic advances toward me. All the worse if they're physically unattractive, although I'm more forgiving of bad looks, possessing them myself and understanding that people have limited power over their appearances.

2. Self-preciousness. E.g. someone going over all the little facets of their personality with a feeling of fondness for what they discover. People aren't anywhere near as special as they think they are, and even when they are, I don't like being lured into such conversations, because they create an atmosphere of self-examination, and I dislike examining myself.

3. High levels of phlegmatism. By that I mean low mental, emotional, and physical energy: an overall bland, lifeless affect. Especially when this is unaccompanied by at least a sense of rigidity. I much prefer a rock, which may not be full of energy but is at least strong, to an amorphous blob, neither fluid nor capable of holding its form.

4. Exaggerated submissiveness. I don't know, it just annoys me when someone quickly, eagerly, and oh-so-compliantly obeys orders. One should determine one's own pace and one's own actions. To do anything else shows a lack of self-respect, and a lack of self-respect is first-degree testimony against a person's own worth.

5. When I overcook something, which I've never done, and someone remarks, in the way of humor, "Are you trying to burn down the house?" You can say whatever you like about my cooking skills; about all I ever cook is microwavable delicacies, which are probably killing me. It's that avuncular humor that gets me. I call it avuncular because it's just the sort of thing an uncle would say. Those little random, off-beat comments that are supposed to be amusing, and on some level generally are, but also are utterly irrelevant to anything, which wouldn't be bad, actually, except they don't succeed as comedy either (there's the difference: is it good humor or is it not?). They're little tidbits of the humor of the lifeless, average-everyday world. They don't aspire to make any impact, nor do they have any real purpose; they drift into the world without a trace of fanfare and leave it in the same fashion. I don't know how to respond to such humor. I try to smile politely at what seems at once like the whining of a mosquito and a cry of despair at the fact that the world is so bland and colorless. Bland and colorless humor. I guess that's the right term for it; the tired sort of joking around that you only hear used by adults. The world is still fresh and vivid for children.

6. Fake gestures of goodwill. It is pathetic, embarrassing, and frightening to see lips parted in a pretend smile of goodwill. It looks as though the person is frightened, because, of course, they are--they're frightened of bad relations--and now they're baring their fangs in an aggressive defensive gesture. *shudders*

7. Bullheadedness. The male sex is very prone to this one. "Now that you have informed me that screwing it in this way will cause the whole thing to collapse and I can see that you're correct, I'll go right on screwing it in this way, just to show how strong and independent I am." There's a key difference between independence and deliberate, bullheaded stupidity.

8. People mimicking my behavior to an exaggerated extent. It's normal for people who are interacting with each other to almost unconsciously mimic each other's gestures and speech patterns just a little. When someone starts doing this to me constantly and in such a way that it appears to be highly deliberate, it becomes abnormal and irritating to me. What makes it irritating to me is that 1) it feels like the person is appropriating things that aren't rightfully theirs, and 2) it creates an atmosphere of heightened self-consciousness. Suddenly I'm looking into a mirror, and I hate mirrors. On the bright side, being mimicked has taught me just how annoying some aspects of my behavior are, and led me to try stamping them out.

9. People focusing too much on sensory comfort. I dislike pain, etc. as much as anyone, and indeed I'm careful to avoid such things, but there's something vaguely off-putting about sensory comfort as a topic of discussion. It makes me think too much of the body, for one thing. I like the body to be all appearances, not this thing that must be cared for and coddled and *shudders* loved. That's how I feel about my own body, because I don't like it; I don't want to be reminded of it. There's also a subtly pleading tone in such conversations, often, where it seems to me that the other person is dropping hints that they want me, or perhaps no one in particular, to make them feel physically comfortable. How well I respond to that aspect of it depends on how much I think it's really my place to make them comfortable. If you're uncomfortable because a clod of dirt has become wedged in your toenail, that's something you need to take care of yourself.

There, now everyone who reads this will probably be scared of me.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]