First 56789 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Hoppy beers taste just downright bad to me. Then again I like Blue Moon.

As an INFP I don't identify with any of this stuff about Fi thinking Fe is fake. There's a difference between being kind and considerate, and being fake-nice to achieve a result. And I don't think of the second as Fe.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    blue moon is good with an orange wedge. Yeah I can usually tell the difference between fake and genuine niceness.
    I don't think it's applicable to all Fi doms, just the ones where feeling has become so introverted it loses reference to the external world.

Ti is capable of the same thing, although it looks different.

I like Blue Moon as well, and Newcastle Brown Ale. Yuengling (pretty much just a PA/Jersey thing) and Leinenkugel are pretty good.

I really tried to like hoppy beers, and just couldn't. Too bitter.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

You are a unique and precious snowflake, prpl. Just like all of us.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    You are a unique and precious snowflake, prpl. Just like all of us.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I used to think so, but apparently not:

I recall also reading that ale used to specifically refer to a beverage with hops, and beer was originally the kind without hops. I suppose this is why a lot of ales these days are really hoppy, though brown ale seems to taste pretty malty (which I prefer... I don't like this hoppy trend. What are we, frogs?). I dunno, beer is complicated, but hops are not a grain, they're actually in the same family as Cannabis. They don't have gluten like wheat or rye.
    Here's the whole paragraph:

Beer was spread through Europe by Germanic and Celtic tribes as far back as 3000 BC, and it was mainly brewed on a domestic scale. The product that the early Europeans drank might not be recognised as beer by most people today. Alongside the basic starch source, the early European beers might contain fruits, honey, numerous types of plants, spices and other substances such as narcotic herbs. What they did not contain was hops, as that was a later addition, first mentioned in Europe around 822 by a Carolingian Abbot and again in 1067 by Abbess Hildegard of Bingen.

Context.

Legally speaking, if hops or hops extract were not used in the brewing process you cannot call your beverage 'beer' in North America.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Here's the whole paragraph:

Beer was spread through Europe by Germanic and Celtic tribes as far back as 3000 BC, and it was mainly brewed on a domestic scale. The product that the early Europeans drank might not be recognised as beer by most people today. Alongside the basic starch source, the early European beers might contain fruits, honey, numerous types of plants, spices and other substances such as narcotic herbs. What they did not contain was hops, as that was a later addition, first mentioned in Europe around 822 by a Carolingian Abbot and again in 1067 by Abbess Hildegard of Bingen.

Context.

Legally speaking, if hops or hops extract were not used in the brewing process you cannot call your beverage 'beer' in North America.
    Ladies and gentleman, I have been served. This is what Ti looks like when it loses reference to the external world. This is why even INTPs can be wrong.

I would be interested in tasting that beer, though.

The Sumerians, or at least the upper classes, also made beer. Apparently they needed to use straws for some reason, perhaps because of it being unfiltered. I've seen the straws in museums.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

Yuengling (pretty much just a PA/Jersey thing)
    I had Yuengling in Florida.

Ladies and gentleman, I have been served. This is what Ti looks like when it loses reference to the external world. This is why even INTPs can be wrong.

I went on a tour of and did an eensy-weensy, teeny-tiny bit of work for a local brewery earlier this year.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

We have Yuengling here. It's my dad's favorite beer.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I had Yuengling in Florida.
    East Coast then, although I don't think it's available in upstate New York. It is certainly not available in Chicago or California.

Also, let me cover ass and state that I never claimed to be a beer snob. The person in question was a self-defined beer snob.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I also like Natty Bo, because it comes in cute bottles. Beer snobs shun me.