User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

When people leave their phone behind and they have a custom ringtone.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Society

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I came to the conclusion that they're upset about not being allowed to be jerks because I can't figure out any other reasons someone would think Fe is fake.
    i think that when Fi examines another's point of view, it does so through projecting the self onwards - so when you do something or behave in a certain way, it is asking "what would cause me to do that", this can be pretty effective in times, and is especially effective in regards to golden-rule ethics. however, this has the tad problem of many Fi doms essentially interpreting the behaviors of others as if everyone else was an Fi dom as well, so while you might be feeling that you are being genuine towards your Fe and your emotional reaction to the emotions expressed by others, they are often inclined to see someone filtering / being dishonest about / betraying "his Fi" for the benefit of others.

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Also, beer snobs annoy me. I went on a date with one telling me that people with gluten allergies couldn't have beer with hops.

Nobody can have beer without hops. If it isn't made with hops it isn't beer. So much for being a "beer snob". What a jackass.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

People talking down to others. Like, screw you, bro!

Also, trying to clean and becoming allergic, injuring myself, or spilling something. Infuriating.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    i think that when Fi examines another's point of view, it does so through projecting the self onwards - so when you do something or behave in a certain way, it is asking "what would cause me to do that", this can be pretty effective in times, and is especially effective in regards to golden-rule ethics. however, this has the tad problem of many Fi doms essentially interpreting the behaviors of others as if everyone else was an Fi dom as well, so while you might be feeling that you are being genuine towards your Fe and your emotional reaction to the emotions expressed by others, they are often inclined to see someone filtering / being dishonest about / betraying "his Fi" for the benefit of others.
    I just don't understand what I would be betraying. I mean, me being rude, for instance, doesn't really get anyone what the want. Sometimes I get annoyed by little things people do that are out of their control, but being rude about doesn't make them happy, and it doesn't make me happy. I don't get a thrill out of hurting other people's feelings, unless it's part of some half-assed attempt at revenge. Being "real" in this case is much worse than being polite. Stating and expressing my actual emotions is not possible in many circumstances, and doing so does not help the other person, either. How does that help someone if I tell them that I think they have an annoying voice over the phone? It doesn't!

I can't actually comprehend how that's betraying anything, it's just being practical. To me it sounds like they're saying that treating people with respect, even if you dislike what they are doing, is fake. I don't think it is. A lot of times, it's not the other person's fault that I dislike that!

Regarding planning or thinking about a lot about my emotional reaction, that's because I tend to be detached. What I "naturally do" just comes off as apathy sometimes. I wouldn't be planning or thinking if I didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post

Nobody can have beer without hops. If it isn't made with hops it isn't beer. So much for being a "beer snob". What a jackass.
    I used to think so, but apparently not:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia entry for beer
    What they [the beers] did not contain was hops, as that was a later addition, first mentioned in Europe around 822 by a Carolingian Abbot[26] and again in 1067 by Abbess Hildegard of Bingen.[27]
    I recall also reading that ale used to specifically refer to a beverage with hops, and beer was originally the kind without hops. I suppose this is why a lot of ales these days are really hoppy, though brown ale seems to taste pretty malty (which I prefer... I don't like this hoppy trend. What are we, frogs?). I dunno, beer is complicated, but hops are not a grain, they're actually in the same family as Cannabis. They don't have gluten like wheat or rye.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

I know nothing about beer but oh fuck yeah, Hildegard of Bingen.

/dorky

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Hoppy beers taste just downright bad to me. Then again I like Blue Moon.

As an INFP I don't identify with any of this stuff about Fi thinking Fe is fake. There's a difference between being kind and considerate, and being fake-nice to achieve a result. And I don't think of the second as Fe.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Hoppy beers taste just downright bad to me. Then again I like Blue Moon.

As an INFP I don't identify with any of this stuff about Fi thinking Fe is fake. There's a difference between being kind and considerate, and being fake-nice to achieve a result. And I don't think of the second as Fe.
    blue moon is good with an orange wedge. Yeah I can usually tell the difference between fake and genuine niceness.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I also don't identify with thinking everyone will respond like an Fi-dom. Individuality and recognizing the uniqueness of every person is kind of my gig. I mean, how else could *I* be a precious snowflake?

MBTI
    yupp

I don't think i'm a precious snowflake, I really don't, sometimes i become delusinonal and think i am, and it annoys me when people are like OMG I Made up a word LOL. I've never made up words, i might say stuff that's not in the dictionary, but it's all like been said before.and the fact the my brains a fucking radio station. just the it's all been done before triggered the song it's all be done before by that band that sings that other song.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so