placed in spoilers to minimize derail

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    That doesn't sound like Fe/Fi splitting, to me. It just sounds like self centered, inconsiderate jerk behavior. Anyone is capable of being that way. Fi people aren't devoid of empathy; many of them enjoy festivities & freely express gratitude for being invited, etc. This scenario just smacks of a bitter person, overall (be it due to her own temperament or some stressor in life, idk). Unhappiness often makes people very self-centered. It's a slow process that kinda consumes you.
    This is probably a personal failing here, but whenever I see an FP on here complain about Fe being fake, I'm assuming they don't like the fact that sometimes they are expected to not act like dicks. I don't really understand what else is fake about it.

Anyway, another thing that annoys me is FPs complaining about Fe.

Also, beer snobs annoy me. I went on a date with one telling me that people with gluten allergies couldn't have beer with hops. I was pretty certain that it was the wheat in bear that was the problem, not the hops. Gluten is found in wheat and a few other grains, they are long protein stands that trap the gases created from the yeast reaction, giving bread it's characteristic texture. Anyway, I checked with my friend with celiac disease, and sure enough, hops do not have gluten. How can you claim to know a lot about beer and not even appear to have a basic understanding of what gluten is and where it comes from?

I think actually being knowledgeable about beer is cool, but jumping on a bandwagon and merely appearing knowledgeable because it's trendy is not.

I suppose the real problem is annoying "alternative" types, not being a "beer snob."
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Also, beer snobs annoy me. I went on a date with one telling me that people with gluten allergies couldn't have beer with hops. I was pretty certain that it was the wheat in bear that was the problem, not the hops. Gluten is found in wheat and a few other grains, they are long protein stands that trap the gases created from the yeast reaction, giving bread it's characteristic texture. Anyway, I checked with my friend with celiac disease, and sure enough, hops do not have gluten. How can you claim to know a lot about beer and not even appear to have a basic understanding of what gluten is and where it comes from?

I think actually being knowledgeable about beer is cool, but jumping on a bandwagon and merely appearing knowledgeable because it's trendy is not.

I suppose the real problem is annoying "alternative" types, not being a "beer snob."
    I think the term you're looking for might be pseudointellectual. One you happened to go out with just happened to focus her amazing powers of deduction on beer. However, is it possible she just had a lexical-brainfreeze moment, where she meant wheat but kept saying hops? I notice sometimes people say one term, confusing the definitions in their memories of the facts.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

People who drive slowly on freeway entrance ramps. Being slow is not careful when you are merging into 75mph traffic. When I'm behind them, they make me feel like the meat in a sandwich.

Pouting (although I am determined to ignore it and not show my agitation)

Flippant arrogance/meanness
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I think the term you're looking for might be pseudointellectual. One you happened to go out with just happened to focus her amazing powers of deduction on beer. However, is it possible she just had a lexical-brainfreeze moment, where she meant wheat but kept saying hops? I notice sometimes people say one term, confusing the definitions in their memories of the facts.
    I dunno, it's really hard for me to see how a beer snob can get hops and wheat confused. I can see the average person making that mistake and wouldn't have a problem with it, but someone claiming to be knowledgeable should not make that mistake.

Also, if someone makes a slip of the tongue, they can usually acknowledge that they've made an error once someone points it out to them. Someone who actually doesn't know what they are talking about will be more insistent that they are correct.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I dunno, it's really hard for me to see how a beer snob can get hops and wheat confused. I can see the average person making that mistake and wouldn't have a problem with it, but someone claiming to be knowledgeable should not make that mistake.

Also, if someone makes a slip of the tongue, they can usually acknowledge that they've made an error once someone points it out to them. Someone who actually doesn't know what they are talking about will be more insistent that they are correct.

Ah, true. Was looking for context.

Yeah.. I don't mind people who are enthusiastic about a particular.. thing. Connoisseurs are fine by me.. they have deep appreciation/knowledge about something.. it's just when they cross over to elitism, it seems absurd. Especially with things like beer. Or coffee. It's a damn beverage. Get over yourself.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Society

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Ah, true. Was looking for context.

Yeah.. I don't mind people who are enthusiastic about a particular.. thing. Connoisseurs are fine by me.. they have deep appreciation/knowledge about something..
    Yeah.. the deep knowledge is cool.

it's just when they cross over to elitism, it seems absurd. Especially with things like beer. Or coffee. It's a damn beverage. Get over yourself.
    Elitism in general is just kind of stupid. It's nothing more than deriving social value from patterns of consumption, which makes alternative elitists no better than the "suburbanites in McMansions" they so despise. All they've done is slapped a veneer of earthiness over everything. The fact is that you still need money and free time to go and seek out the latest indie band no one else knows about, or to buy their records.

Let's not kid ourselves. Hipness is about class, not authenticity.

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Visit my Johari:

A_priori

Cheese grater.