User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Happy 4th of July Weekend!

only bites when provoked Array

I just wandered out of my place about an hour ago and met up with a bunch of my neighbors to watch fireworks off one of the common area balconies up here on the top floor. They just had the grand finale a short time ago...

We don't even need to leave the building to watch fireworks, how sweet is that?
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Lucky ^^!

We went to the rooftop/pool of a swank hotel which was populated by an odd mix of families with kids, old folks, and young scenesters dressed like jetsetters. The line for the alcohol was quite long and the view -- like I told everyone -- was partially obstructed. I did not like how cramped the space got with a range of obnoxious people I wanted to smack.

The fireworks were still lovely.

I did eat delicious barbecue (which only took 2 hours to cook! Hahaha)

I did meet new people.

I did spend time with friends.

I did go to the club and dance.

I even saw the girl I'm dating (who came out to see me )

Overall, the day summed up my state of my mind and life and this summer stage of life in DC - kinda strange, lots of plusses and minuses, and taking adjusting, but overall a Growth Experience! And that's a good thing.

Sooo --- Hope everyone did indeed enjoy their 4th.

I don't think I've ever actually gone to the official 'fireworks watching grounds' to watch fireworks, so next year July 4th -- next year, I will do you right!
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

I went to Griffith Observatory and watched six or seven separate fireworks displays all over Los Angeles from high up on the hill. It was amazing. They were all small, but the view made up for it.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    What, you mean you aren't glad to be rid of millions of rednecks who would be otherwise voting in your elections?
    If they had allowed us to vote in their elections, there probably wouldn't have been a revolution in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    Oh man, Oberon...I just have no words to describe how awful that was.
    Thank you, thank you...