User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Default Development stages of a forum user

1- The Noob

Typically a self-typed intuitive, this person will make the most blatant generalizations based on a single person he has met. "ESFPs make bad doctors because they have shaky hands."

2 - The Enthusiast

Thinks everything can be explained with Typology. Had a conflict with your parents? Must be a Fi/Fe clash. Someone is misbehaving or acting stupid? Attribute that to his inferior function.

3 - The Renegade

Disillusioned with Typology, summarily regards everything people say as typism, believing he is now an enlightened person and everyone else is blind to reality. Has "that's not type related" saved on his control+c, in order to save time. People wonder why he still visits the forum. The reason is simple: he has found a way to feel superior, which is a precious resource for someone who is constantly failing offline.

4 - The Realist

Stops looking for axiomatic truths in typology and starts considering other variables in order to get a full picture. Realizes that typology is a tool that sometimes work, sometimes not. When people say something good or bad about a type, this person realizes that the statement is subjective, yet likely valid in some way, and gives it proper consideration - always aware that there's an implicit ime/imo that goes unmentioned.

Glycerine

So do you consider yourself a realist?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    So do you consider yourself a realist?
    I'm suspect.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

You forgot the 5th stage:

"The crazy person"

This person no longer understands anything about typology because they've been around for far too long and their increased knowledge has revealed to them that they actually know nothing. This shatters anything they once understood to pieces and in place, they formed their own system to prevent an implosive psychosis, to which they spread their system in a convincing and cultlike fashion.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i think i lurked until i was already a 3.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Never quite did the renegade
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Never quite did the renegade
    You are still stage 2. I think I went through a stage 3, but it never made me feel superior.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    You are still stage 2. I think I went through a stage 3, but it never made me feel superior.
    Doubtful, after 5 years. For me, MBTI has always been a fun way to tinker with concepts I've been wanting to name my whole life, but like any system has flaws, bugs and limitations. Using the general lay-out to organise my own research into though...very useful. Meanwhile the stereotypes are just too much fun not to poke at
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Doubtful, after 5 years. For me, MBTI was a fun way to tinker with concepts I've been wanting to name my whole life, but like any system has flaws, bugs and limitations.
    Like the fact that it is almost completely based upon the ability to connect intuitive assumptions?

I mean, how am I supposed to use this? It's useful to create jargon for a persons psyche, but it's only useful insofar as what the jargon describes IS actually what it claims to be.

If it has a use, at the least it can help induce a sense of self-control and recognition of destructive patterns.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.