User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Oh, you're also one of the most amiable people I've met on here. Never seen you be nasty to anyone.
    Not looking hard enough.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

TBH the first impression I got from you -- besides that you're British and good looking -- was that you're neurotic, uncertain, self-deprecating, and insecure. As I read more of your posts, I saw that you're also eloquent, intellectual, clever, artistic (if sometimes a bit overwrought), and highly intelligent. Sometimes you remind me of @Viridian, but he's more sugary sweet and affectionate, while you've got more sardonic spice.

Of course, I don't know you well. I had no idea about the judgmental side that people on this thread keep talking about. Must have never seen those threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Bathos?
    Pathos wid a sduffy dose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Get a room, you two!!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

It's like you are stuck at a stage when a child/adolescent starts to become aware of how he/she is being percieved by others and begins to question everything. You are self obsessed, analylitical and still humble. You are and strive to be honest with yourself and others and i genuinely believe you have a good heart.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

For some weird reason I feel like hugging you when I think of you. That's my impression. And I also think you probably wouldn't be freaked out by it, which I like in a person.

You probably get told all the time that you underestimate yourself and have low self esteem, but this is what I was going to say. I wonder what in your upbringing caused you to be this way. Were you in an environment of excessive criticism which valued results? TJ and FJ perhaps? Anyway, you present yourself as far worse than you are. Your lack of ego is refreshing and admirable, but it can be a real disadvantage at times. Confidence to someone who lacks it can at first seem like egotism, but once you learn to be comfortable with it it seems natural.

Also I suspect you were a person very much like your avatar in a past life.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

Pathos wid a sduffy dose?
    Although you probably know the meaning....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathos

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    You probably get told all the time that you underestimate yourself and have low self esteem, but this is what I was going to say. I wonder what in your upbringing caused you to be this way. Were you in an environment of excessive criticism which valued results? TJ and FJ perhaps? Anyway, you present yourself as far worse than you are. Your lack of ego is refreshing and admirable, but it can be a real disadvantage at times. Confidence to someone who lacks it can at first seem like egotism, but once you learn to be comfortable with it it seems natural.
    I suspect I already know the reason/s. I have mentioned to others before that I had a problem with...*sigh*....wetting the bed, which continued till I was around 18.

It doesn't take a leap of imagination to understand how that can affect a persons life in terms of social skills and confidence. I could never sleep over anyone's house I couldn't stop anywhere that wasn't camping, although we did some ski holidays.

Obviously the stigma attached to this is...well it is still around now and strongly so, no one I knew growing up, except perhaps my mum, knew how awkward it could be. Although the cause for THAT problem in itself I still cannot explain.

The worst part is, in the bigger view of the issues around the world that one can potentially have, it rates very poorly. I didn't have a lifelong condition apart from my asthma and I have been lucky enough to be born into that area of the world where we take so much for granted.
    So in a sense getting this off my chest is also frustrating and hurting me because I think I have no right to complain or whine, although I have noticed I do so anyway.

The other reasons are myriad, certainly I could pin-point event after event in my life where I was publicly embarrassed and made to feel small and insignificant, fortunately I realised everyone is from a certain perspective, but that perspective is self-destructive.

I did have a sudden realisation how terrible it truly is to be scorned and ostracised by others though and why, in so many films, people being laughed at or spat upon by crowds would be defeated and break down into tears.

The emptiness of having no common ally or relation seems like a dark pit for a human being.

However these are just the potential reasons and the rationalisation's that go with them. Identifying the cause is important, but it doesn't always make it easier to solve, especially when the foundations are so strong and embedded so deeply.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

- A.A. Milne.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I've always liked what you've had to say...and I enjoy reading long posts, so who cares!, although more recently...hmmm I'm not "getting" you as much...but I think it's my fault not yours lol...I'm either not picking up on the sarcasm or just not getting references maybe. Can't tell if you're mocking someone or being serious...

That's all really, don't know you too much in depth, cause I havn't been on here in a couple months to read up on ya! lol
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    It's like you are stuck at a stage when a child/adolescent starts to become aware of how he/she is being percieved by others and begins to question everything. You are self obsessed, analylitical and still humble. You are and strive to be honest with yourself and others and i genuinely believe you have a good heart.
    *Waves embarrassingly*

Hi Helen!

It's interesting you mention this as I was thinking the very same thing the other day. I do indeed feel like I am somehow trapped in a certain stage in life and it is a bit demoralising at times.

I had assumed when I was younger that I would naturally become more confident and self-assured with age. However the naivety of that has become apparent to me now.

I now work two jobs 6 days week and I still feel like a child in many respects. But of course growth can often come unexpectedly, I am still terrified of meeting new people and engaging in new jobs and it irritates me that this should be the case since it stands as a testiment to old cycles yet to be broken.

Perhaps it is a sign that I am unwilling to break them on some level?

As for honesty, I still strive for some ideal where I am honest enough to be open and confrontational about what bothers me because as much as people dislike it, confrontation is about being honest enough to engage in what you really think, although some people are deluded in their confrontational natures.

- A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You're a sweet guy who is a bit insecure at times. You definitely know how to entertain others, unless you have one of your more negative moods. You're good at rambling about both serious things and seemingly frivolous things which you then tie back into the serious conversation. Very FeTi-heavy as well. As such, it can be hard for me to gauge at times what it is you are looking for in a conversation.

All in all, these are all things I associate with a typical 6w7 so-dom. You seem to enjoy being part of the group, amidst others you've vetted and are at ease with, with some moments of anxiety, reactivity towards certain triggers and self-doubt thrown in for good measure. That also means you re pretty loyal to that same group, willing to help when possible, eager to keep a nice ambiance going and quite down to earth for the most part, I've found.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You're a sweetheart.

I totally believed you when you said you were an ISFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    You're a sweetheart.

I totally believed you when you said you were an ISFJ.
    Thanks, you're one of the few people who acknowledges ISFJ as my type.

- A.A. Milne.