User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 45

  1. #21
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Suicide now looks very attractive.

    *Waits for telling off about how one should not joke about that subject.*
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  2. #22
    Paranoid Android Video's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi
    Posts
    3,177

    Default

    A stand-offish nature? Yes, I do agree with that. Uncomfortable, though? Nope. The questions you pose actually make me more comfortable with the threads they're in, and they're things you've got to step back and observe to think of. Your insights are stuff that it's hard to see from the inside of a problem.

    You're someone who asks questions, and like many such people, you sound like you've been long unappreciated. It sounds like you've taken the dismissal to heart.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

    RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

    Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

  3. #23
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default



    Funnily enough, I came across some quotes during my studies the other day I can relate to you:

    "...the objective world will appear a mere make-belief and a comedy... As a rule, the individual acquiesces in his isolation and in the banality of the reality, which, however, he unconsciously treats archaically."

    I find you wholly enjoyable in character and abnormally penetrative with your thinking. Also, good pomes.

  4. #24
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by superunknown View Post


    Funnily enough, I came across some quotes during my studies the other day I can relate to you:

    "...the objective world will appear a mere make-belief and a comedy... As a rule, the individual acquiesces in his isolation and in the banality of the reality, which, however, he unconsciously treats archaically."

    I find you wholly enjoyable in character and abnormally penetrative with your thinking. Also, good pomes.
    Thanks, I don't know if I am deserving of such praise but I agree with the quote and the picture. Swings and roundabouts all the way.

    Pathos? Or just Bathos?
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  5. #25
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    (It actually reminds me a bit of a certain era of @Ginkgo's posting.)
    How long ago was this? Also, why are you mentioning me? I'm not involved with this thread.

    --

    AA, I've always felt that you were an impeccably amiable and pleasant person. So much so, it irritates me that nothing seems to phase you.

    You are, as others have mentioned, quite talkative. That's fine with me; apparently my attention span expands when I might be punished by a volley of potentially meaningless words. I'm not implying that the things you say are meaningless, but rather that they seem to lack definition or deep-rootedness to you.

    Never change.

  6. #26
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default


  7. #27
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Pleasant and intelligent. I think some of the curious quick-judgments people were talking about earlier are of a pessimistic nature - assuming negatives up front - and it can make you seem rigid where you're not. You also are very "soft" in presentation and then sometimes say something cuttingly true, which is surprising!

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety
    I'm one of those people who you would find anywhere frankly, there isn't much to stand out or recommend, I've known that most of my life and in a sense it was a good thing because apart from a few grades and my failure as a musician most people never expected much from me. I don't contribute that much because when I read through most threads I usually find someone has stated or argued something I would have said, but they have done it better and probably more concisely.
    I'm sure you've heard it before, but you underestimate yourself. There is something unique about each person's natural self and perspective that inherently gives it value, if only because their voice is a separate voice. Even if you echo something that has been said a million times before, your own spin on it can be engaging in and of itself, and I don't see harm in raising a topic that has already been covered - if anything, that just means it resonates with many people. I've read something saying that Ni doms are particularly in touch with the collective unconscious, but I think Si dominants are, too - especially IxFJs.

    Don't devalue your voice because it is reminiscent of other voices. I think some 6s natively possess a gift of being particularly tuned in to the common voice. What you lack in deviation from the norm, you gain in proximity to the entire spectrum. The average Joe is valuable precisely because he can relate to everyone and everyone can relate to him; your native lack of ego can be a burden for yourself but it can also be a strength for your community - such as your family. You may lack the sureness to promote yourself but you possess the insight that all perspectives are valid perspectives - and your perspective is valuable itself for that reason. Being able to neutrally and altruistically represent many is a rare gift and one that can be used for great good in the world.

  8. #28
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    AA, I've always felt that you were an impeccably amiable and pleasant person. So much so, it irritates me that nothing seems to phase you.

    You are, as others have mentioned, quite talkative. That's fine with me; apparently my attention span expands when I might be punished by a volley of potentially meaningless words. I'm not implying that the things you say are meaningless, but rather that they seem to lack definition or deep-rootedness to you.

    Never change.
    Hah thanks. Well words can be powerful but they can also be cheap. I suspect I often use them cheaply so as to save up the more expensive and powerful ones for a rainy day.


    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Pleasant and intelligent. I think some of the curious quick-judgments people were talking about earlier are of a pessimistic nature - assuming negatives up front - and it can make you seem rigid where you're not. You also are very "soft" in presentation and then sometimes say something cuttingly true, which is surprising!
    Interesting, I'll admit I don't necessarily see that myself, but these are kind words and the whole point of this thread is to understand and see others perceptions, so thank you.


    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Don't devalue your voice because it is reminiscent of other voices. I think some 6s natively possess a gift of being particularly tuned in to the common voice. What you lack in deviation from the norm, you gain in proximity to the entire spectrum. The average Joe is valuable precisely because he can relate to everyone and everyone can relate to him; your native lack of ego can be a burden for yourself but it can also be a strength for your community - such as your family. You may lack the sureness to promote yourself but you possess the insight that all perspectives are valid perspectives - and your perspective is valuable itself for that reason. Being able to neutrally and altruistically represent many is a rare gift and one that can be used for great good in the world.
    The interesting thing is I am not sure if I am really a voice for the average joe or for the general public. I have often felt on the outside a great deal, when it comes to society.

    I think more telling is that I just see myself as somewhat superfluous that's all. I don't think I could represent many people myself.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  9. #29
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    I haven't interacted with you tooooo too much, but I would say that to me you come across to me as witty, self-effacing, introspective/mulling on identity.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  10. #30
    011235813
    Guest

    Default

    Oh, you're also one of the most amiable people I've met on here. Never seen you be nasty to anyone.

Similar Threads

  1. How Do You Come Across
    By Litsnob in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-28-2016, 02:46 AM
  2. How do you come up with avatars?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-10-2013, 07:02 PM
  3. [Tri] How do you come about your tri-type?
    By inebriato in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 07:29 AM
  4. [ENTP] ENTPs.... do you come across as being romantic in relationships?
    By Intricate Mystic in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 07:14 AM
  5. Do I come across as INFP?
    By CrystalViolet in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 09:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO