User Tag List

123 Last

your resident asshole

Default Amanda Bynes is crazy

I am bored so here is the video if you guys have not seen it.

(Amanda Bynes was a child star [she was in movies until she was 24, so "child star" is not the most accurrate phrase] who somehow seemed to stay out of the crazy party/drug scene. She seemed relatively normal until recently.)

I read about this and I wondered about it too, its happened to a lot of those class of people, fame, riches, security and they seem to go mad.

It makes me think that you need to have more matters which demand a certain striving or things not yet accomplished or achieved than they have, also drugs and substance abuse which is unlikely or unaffordable or unavailable even to the rest of the population is available to this class of people in a pinch or personal crisis, you need to get smashed once or twice to get hooked on the sort of high grade shit these people do and you only need to make the mistake of getting it on camera once.

People can be vulnerable too, perhaps someone spiked the shit out of her to begin with, who knows, it usually only takes one predatory individual to mess up someones world if they're any way vulnerable and I mean vulnerable in the sense that they are not a mountain top paranoic who wont let anyone come within twenty feet of them (which is common enough).

I once read about how during the height of the cold war the rival superpowers would poison the star performers of each others elite orchestras or sports teams in a sort of debasing and despoiling move, its a dirty tactic to discredit and embarrass not simply the individual but who or what they are imagined or really do represent, I'd not be surprised if it doesnt still go on. If its not anything so shady or sinister as government agents doing it its likely to be someone from a particular social strata or social scene out to prove a point "you no better than the rest of us" or "I'm cleverer than you" or "you'd only like it if you would try it", there's a range of sickening rationalisations which could be behind it and they'd be familiar to most people from growing up.

I feel sorry for her.
    I really like cats and food.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Has anyone actually attempted a scientific study on child stars? One has to wonder.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I've been watching her demise for like 2 years when she kept alluding to the fact that she was dating kid cudi and tweeting about how she "likes chocolate and vanilla" and retired from acting. Basically shes been getting progressively crazier for a while now.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    I feel sorry for her.
    Yeah, same. She's said she doesn't want to act anymore and yet the media can't leave her alone. Although she definitely does have some problems:

Amanda Bynes ‏@AmandaBynes 15 Jun

If you're not hot I don't care about you
    Amanda Bynes ‏@AmandaBynes 15 Jun

If I don't like you I don't want you to be happy and I'll go out of my way to hurt you.
    Amanda Bynes ‏@AmandaBynes 13 Jun

I could never marry a German because I'm Jewish
    But the constant negative commentary certainly isn't going to help.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Two things needed for this, same as with the gun massacre thing, the motivation and the availability/access to whatever the substance is.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Two things needed for this, same as with the gun massacre thing, the motivation and the availability/access to whatever the substance is.
    She has been seen doing alcohol and pot, but I'm not so sure that this spiral represents a substance abuse problem. Based on all of the crazy articles I've read, it sounds more like she is having some mental issues. I don't actually know her irl though, so I suppose I'm not in much of a position to say anything.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    She has been seen doing alcohol and pot, but I'm not so sure that this spiral represents a substance abuse problem. Based on all of the crazy articles I've read, it sounds more like she is having some mental issues. I don't actually know her irl though, so I suppose I'm not in much of a position to say anything.
    I haven't cared to do much serious reading about her, but the buzz is that she's gone wack which has led to drug abuse (probably as an attempt to self medicate). For example, over at Perez Hilton (gawd, am I actually quoting from that site??), an "insider" supposedly says:

"Amanda has been clearly using drugs, yes, including marijuana, but that is just the symptom. The fact is Amanda suffers from severe mental health issues that she refuses to accept. Rick and Lynn want her to seek in-patient treatment at a psychiatric hospital so she can be properly treated.

She thought there were tracking devices in smoke detectors in her family home and would place sheets over them. Amanda also hears voices. It’s so sad for her family to watch her unravel like this."
    I mean, unless the latter is an outright lie, that would definitely lean toward mental illness (unless of course there really are tracking devices in her smoke detectors and the voices belong to real, present people). I mean, here's this crazy exchange between her and Jenny McCarthy, who has mentioned Amanda on the View in terms of her getting help:

After Jenny posted a tweet saying that police had been called to Amanda's New York home, Amanda lashed out at the former Playboy model saying: '@JennyMcCarthy I need help? What are u talking about?
    'Aren't u 50 years old? I'm 27, u look 80 compared to me! Why are you talking about me? @JennyMcCarthy you're ugly! Police weren't at my house old lady! Shut the f**k up!'
    However, Jenny then deleted her tweets before writing, 'Sorry girl. Looking out for ya.'
    At that, Amanda replied: 'Thanks! I'm sorry I offended you! You're beautiful! I was lying! I'll delete our tweets!'
    It's pretty scary when Amanda is in a mental mindset resembling her character from "Easy A." the general perception from her tweets is that her thinking is disjointed.

Meanwhile, her drug charge was weed, for pete's sake -- it's actually legal in one state here and many people think it should be legal everywhere, and it's easy to get. It's not like she's doing crack or doing speedballs.

I think she was worth about $4-8 million in the last few years from time as an actor, but she's spent half of it at this stage.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

This years harvest should be even...bett-er

'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.