First 45678 Last

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    Some people have lower impulse control than others. It's silly to hold celebrities (well, in the entertainment industry anyway) to higher standards than non-famous people and call them insane when they get drunk, make unrequited confessions of love, and cuss people out. You wouldn't call a friend who did those things in college after a night of heavy drinking insane.

Which is not to say that celebrities can't have serious problems related to mental health. But Lindsay Lohan/Britney Spears and Amanda Bynes don't seem to be in the same category to me at all.
    Maybe those people have mental health issues too? At the very least, alcoholism, if they continue to do that past a certain age.

If I had a friend like that, I would suggest they lower their alcohol intake. True story: the only time I ever got blackout drunk was also when I burned my hand by tripping and holding on to an iron fire ring for support. (It healed, don't worry.) That was enough to motivate me against ever getting that drunk again. Some people don't seem to take that kind of thing as a hint, which seems sort of insane. It's certainly not healthy.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Actually, yes, people who are educated about mental illness and its actual symptoms
    I would dare say I have that level of understanding as good or better than anyone else on this forum, due to my own involvement with my own problems, lots of clinical reading, and having friends who are mentally ill (of different types); but I don't consider myself qualified to incessantly debate the sanity of someone I've never observed.

Do you feel qualified, yourself, since you KEEP offering long rebuttals as if you know something more? There's also a lot of emotional intensity to your posting, as if you had something at stake here yourself. Why is that? You don't know Amanda any more than I do, I think.

Anyway, nothing more I care to add to Amanda Bynes, without having access to actual data.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    yes, i saw that part but didn't understand why you still felt the need to make a post asking who a person is when you're on a computer with internet access. and now a second post saying that clicking the link isn't worth your time, yet taking the time to make a post showing how superior you are and how valuable your time is.
    I asked rhetorically--I said so in big, bold letters--which means the straight answer to the question is not the point, the point is the question itself. The point is not that I don't know who Kid Cudi is, the point is why would I want to know? Why should I know? Knowing who Kid Cudi is, if he's dating Amanda Bynes, and who the "famous stripper/video ho/rapper girlfriend" (LOL, what?!?!) is she's "modelling her look after" is just mindless fluff.

I'm not going to sit here and say I'm above talking about pop culture, I know much more than my fair share, but I don't get any pleasure whatsoever from following the personal lives of people I've never met and probably never will meet.

MBTI
    yupp

I like kid cudi and amanda bynes there ya go, that's my contribution to pop culture. I also don't care if she's crazy.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I asked rhetorically--I said so in big, bold letters--which means the straight answer to the question is not the point, the point is the question itself. The point is not that I don't know who Kid Cudi is, the point is why would I want to know? Why should I know? Knowing who Kid Cudi is, if he's dating Amanda Bynes, and who the "famous stripper/video ho/rapper girlfriend" (LOL, what?!?!) is she's "modelling her look after" is just mindless fluff.

I'm not going to sit here and say I'm above talking about pop culture, I know much more than my fair share, but I don't get any pleasure whatsoever from following the personal lives of people I've never met and probably never will meet.
    my point was that kid cudi is a pretty successful/well-known musician, regardless of his personal life.

I've never heard of the guy, so obviously he's not all that well known.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

For some reason, I expect Kid Cudi to have a partnership with Childish Gambino. I suppose that's because it rhymes with Daniel Pudi.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    For some reason, I expect Kid Cudi to have a partnership with Childish Gambino. I suppose that's because it rhymes with Daniel Pudi.
    I feel so out of the loop. I don't even recognize these names.

oh god i have become my mother
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I know who Danny Pudi is! Hooray, I'm not totally out of the loop!

(And now I also know how to pronounce 'Cudi'. I thought it might be 'Cutty' or 'Cutie'.)

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I feel so out of the loop. I don't even recognize these names.

oh god i have become my mother
    Don't you watch Community? Troy and Abed! Donald Glover has a rapper alter-ego named Childish Gambino.

Visit my Johari: