User Tag List

First 12345 Last

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Link me to it, I'd like to read it, because this media blurb confirms exactly what I am saying.

I was honestly surprised at you saying she was mentally deteriorating just because she posted silly tweets about "chocolate and vanilla" (probably some kind of euphemism for a mixed race couple, I'm not sure why this would qualify as crazy even if you would consider it racist).
    Here it is: https://twitter.com/persiannyc27

It's just a theory, but the writing style and content seem very similar to her other account. The only difference is this one is more extreme. Some of the more violent tweets have been deleted, but there is one up there now that talks about the "voices in [her] head."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    Here it is: https://twitter.com/persiannyc27

It's just a theory, but the writing style and content seem very similar to her other account. The only difference is this one is more extreme. Some of the more violent tweets have been deleted, but there is one up there now that talks about the "voices in [her] head."
    Again, not easily impressed, I've known too many people in their teens and twenties who want to be "weird" or "interesting" and it's not unlikely for a child star who never properly experienced adolescence to come down with a raging attack of wanting to be 16 or 18 years old.

I'm more educated about this subject than you guys, apparently, because before I even found these two articles, I knew she was too lucid to be committed, and wasn't showing signs of "insanity."

It's easy to fake cultural abnormality. It's not easy to fake mental illness.

Read this: http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/25/amanda...nservatorship/

You guys don't know what you're talking about.

I hate to be rude, but this kind of thing annoys me. Severely.

I will read her twitter account, though...presuming it's really her and not a fake.

Perez Hilton is a scumbag. It almost seems to me like all of this has been gossip-mill manufactured.

EDIT:

Quickly read twitter. Not enough info here to draw conclusions, but she forms complete thoughts and complete sentences and isn't showing signs of paranoia; no signs of schizophrenia here.

Looks like she's angry about being rejected ...they're really short posts, though, reminds me of stuff JTG would do on forums.

Schizophrenics actually lose coherence, their thoughts become disjointed, they use words incorrectly...Zang on Type C was a good example of a schizophrenic.

They also can form elaborate paranoia stories...don't see this here. "The voices in my head are driving me crazy" doesn't mean she's audibly hearing voices outside her head.

People with OCD or anxiety or depression can hear "negative reinforcement" inside their head. This is not the same as a schizophrenic auditory hallucination.

The most I'd think possible is a mood or emotional disturbance. If she was full blown psychotic, it already would have been observed...per the article I posted, reference that for her level of lucidity.

Plus one of her friends testifying to her lucidity and self-awareness one-on-one.

Lots of people are neurotic or depressed or have substance abuse issues. Of course different personalities will show it differently.

If she is diagnosed with something, I doubt it will be any more severe than bipolar II.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Again, not easily impressed, I've known too many people in their teens and twenties who want to be "weird" or "interesting" and it's not unlikely for a child star who never properly experienced adolescence to come down with a raging attack of wanting to be 16 or 18 years old.
    I don't claim to know much about psychology, so this is going to sound really stupid...but why is it the norm that adolescence is supposed to be a time of rebellion and craziness? I never went through any of that and never felt the need. And this doesn't make me some kind of repressed person who would go crazy at the drop of a hat if the opportunity arose. (I'm not using "crazy" to mean "insane.")

I'm more educated about this subject than you guys, apparently, because before I even found these two articles, I knew she was too lucid to be committed, and wasn't showing signs of "insanity."

It's easy to fake cultural abnormality. It's not easy to fake mental illness.

Read this: http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/25/amanda...nservatorship/
    Again, I'm not a psychologist, nor am I a lawyer, but I just looked up section 5150 on Wikipedia and came up with this.

CALIFORNIA WELFARE AND INSTITUTIONS CODE, SECTION 5150, second paragraph, "... an application in writing stating the circumstances under which the person's condition was called to the attention of the officer, member of the attending staff, or professional person, and stating that the officer, member of the attending staff, or professional person has probable cause to believe that the person is, as a result of mental disorder, a danger to others, or to himself or herself, or gravely disabled."
    The bolded looks to be the most important. She wasn't a danger to herself or other people and she is able to function in society, but that doesn't mean she still doesn't have issues going on.

You guys don't know what you're talking about.

I hate to be rude, but this kind of thing annoys me. Severely.

I will read her twitter account, though...presuming it's really her and not a fake.

Perez Hilton is a scumbag. It almost seems to me like all of this has been gossip-mill manufactured.
    It wouldn't be terribly surprising if it was all made up. I mean...it's Hollywood.

I understand why you're frustrated. I'm typically not a person who pays any attention to celebrities, but there's something very exciting about watching a train-wreck.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't claim to know much about psychology, so this is going to sound really stupid...but why is it the norm that adolescence is supposed to be a time of rebellion and craziness? I never went through any of that and never felt the need. And this doesn't make me some kind of repressed person who would go crazy at the drop of a hat if the opportunity arose. (I'm not using "crazy" to mean "insane.")

Again, I'm not a psychologist, nor am I a lawyer, but I just looked up section 5150 on Wikipedia and came up with this.

The bolded looks to be the most important. She wasn't a danger to herself or other people and she is able to function in society, but that doesn't mean she still doesn't have issues going on.

It wouldn't be terribly surprising if it was all made up. I mean...it's Hollywood.

I understand why you're frustrated. I'm typically not a person who pays any attention to celebrities, but there's something very exciting about watching a train-wreck.
    Ugh it's just I really don't see any kind of "severe" mental illness here. Neurosis, yes, working out childhood issues or stress, yes. Maybe drinking heavily.

But not schizophrenia. Her lawyer says she's fine, her best friend says she's fine, court psychiatrists say she's lucid enough to understand what's going on (already posted those articles, which completely rules out psychosis, she was already taken to a hospital to be evaluated) ...and frankly even before I knew all of this, before finding these articles of proof, I really didn't see signs of schizophrenia or bipolar 1.

People are really too quick to assign psychosis. Most people have personality disorders at worst, and bipolar disorder is more common than schizophrenia.

Cultural rebellion or eccentricity is not the same as mental illness. Neither is having a vastly culturally different morality (such as being racist, like our friend who got banned who people were trying to say was psychotic for being a white nationalist).

Saying things like if you hurt me I'll hurt you and if I don't like you I'll make things very difficult for you tend to be things that angry/hurt and/or rejected people say.

She's probably saying these things about a guy, or the people who are talking shit about her. Not a hard paper trail to follow to a totally sane conclusion.

Socially acceptable, polite, moral =/= sane

The sad thing is, if she really was severely mentally ill, all of this hounding her would be cruel and disgusting and could make her symptoms worse.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ugh it's just I really don't see any kind of "severe" mental illness here. Neurosis, yes, working out childhood issues or stress, yes. Maybe drinking heavily.

But not schizophrenia. Her lawyer says she's fine, her best friend says she's fine, court psychiatrists say she's lucid enough to understand what's going on (already posted those articles, which completely rules out psychosis, she was already taken to a hospital to be evaluated) ...and frankly even before I knew all of this, before finding these articles of proof, I really didn't see signs of schizophrenia or bipolar 1.

People are really too quick to assign psychosis. Most people have personality disorders at worst, and bipolar disorder is more common than schizophrenia.

Cultural rebellion or eccentricity is not the same as mental illness. Neither is having a vastly culturally different morality (such as being racist, like our friend who got banned who people were trying to say was psychotic for being a white nationalist).

Saying things like if you hurt me I'll hurt you and if I don't like you I'll make things very difficult for you tend to be things that angry/hurt and/or rejected people say.

She's probably saying these things about a guy, or the people who are talking shit about her. Not a hard paper trail to follow to a totally sane conclusion.

Socially acceptable, polite, moral =/= sane

The sad thing is, if she really was severely mentally ill, all of this hounding her would be cruel and disgusting and could make her symptoms worse.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh and teens tend to rebel in order to test boundaries and assert independence. I honestly think it has something to do with personality type if you're a darling responsible teen who marries at 18 and is assistant manager of the local grocery store by 20...or if you take bigger risks physically and emotionally before settling down. It also probably depends on what you endured as a child and how your personality responded to your parents parenting style (abusive or healthy, authoritarian or permissive, etc.)

If she's an ESFP for example who has been made to act for most of her life like someone she's not, yes eventually she will snap, because her natural talents and personality were not being honored.

Child stardom tends to be an extremely damaging thing, because the very nature of Hollywood (shallow, invasive, amoral) is difficult enough for adults, and it can shatter a person who is still developing.

I think child stardom creates a lot of Borderline Personality Disorder (poor boundaries, as the result of chaos and maybe even a feeling of being "abandoned" by parents and forced to grow up too fast). I believe it to be a form of abuse unless the child expressly asked to act or sing or dance and was not pushed beyond reasonable limits for a childhood.

Amanda says, "I need to get another nose job after seeing my mugshot!"

Anyway, there's nothing THAT weird about naked pics/drunk iPhone selfies in the bathroom/smoking pot.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I'm typically not a person who pays any attention to celebrities, but there's something very exciting about watching a train-wreck.
    I never understood this mentality. Performers are merely humans with careers that happen to gain them more notoriety than other jobs might, & people choose to prey on that notoriety.

What benefits do people reap from watching another human being [possibly] fall apart? Is it really that exciting? Sure, if we want to do some kind of armchair psych analysis to try to better understand what we're seeing, it seems a bit more benign- but to actually find it enthralling/exciting/entertaining.. just seems so terribly wrong to me on a fundamental level. The more I think about it, the more it turns my stomach.

I didn't read over most of the thread, cuz it's typically the same scratched record skip. Media blows up even local news, so the fact that they'll hit a wider target audience with something they know people will get off on- people [in the performing industry] having "issues" -just makes it all the more likely they'll vamp up the drama/distort what may actually be going on, to hold that wider target audience's attention for sustained periods. People are happy to consume garbage while mindlessly preying upon another person at the same time. They voluntarily contribute (albeit indirectly) to exacerbating or causing problems for another individual.

Just.. why? Because they got to laugh for a minute of their day? Over some stranger's misfortune, even. Because perhaps it makes some folks feel like they have fuel for the smalltalk they apply in their daily attempts to "be social" with others? Is it that important? What's it cost us to ignore that trash?

I do understand anyone putting themselves "out there" is willingly risking their privacy & soforth, but the people who choose to respond to that, & actually feel something good about watching another person publicly deal with crises (if there actually are any).. that's on them. Why do people enjoy watching someone they never even met struggle/break down/[buzzword]?

I'm not trying to lecture from a self-made pedestal of moral superiority by any means, & I hope it's not coming off as such. I'm only trying to vaguely understand the appeal, I guess.

Actors are just fucking people to me. I really don't get it. And perhaps in some way, I don't know that I'd completely want to.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

The other twitter account, extreme? Not relateable, not likeable IMHO (but who the fuck is when they're in pain?), sure. Maybe if the violent posts were still there, I'd be disturbed, but as it is, I don't even see anything merely weird.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

your resident asshole

@Lexicon - It's just human nature. Why do you think people gawk at car accidents and stuff? I don't know why it is, but we're curious creatures. Abnormal and tragic things fascinate us.

(But this obviously doesn't make it right.)