First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Um...so she called some people ugly, got mad and lunged at people taking pictures (I'd probably do this too if I were her, I mean the paparazzi is disgusting, that's why I don't swarm celebrities when I see them), and has been spotted wearing odd clothing and wigs.

I'm thinking maybe she's drunk?

The only part that even seems crazy to me is that she thought there were security cameras in the smoke detectors, if that's really true.

Telling Perez Hilton that he's obnoxious and to kill himself seems perfectly sane to me.

She's saying things that non-famous people say all the time about annoying celebrities. I fail to see any schizophrenia here.

Basically she seems fed up and not an Fe type.

Honestly the worst I would accuse her of is probably being burnt out on being famous, and maybe tweeting while drunk.

I honestly also don't understand how all this adds up to psychosis without the smoke detector story or the hearing voices part. But if Perez Hilton DID make that up, then that's probably why she told him to go kill himself.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh and the video? Pretty sure she was making fun of Donatella Versace.

If people payed this much attention to all 20 year old ExFPs who are under way too much stress and too much pressure to perform and be what other people want for years on end, they'd probably dig up a lot of non-famous you tuber's doing very similar things and more eccentric.

She's eccentric, probably stressed out and maybe an alcoholic...or currently drinking too much.

I honestly want more solid proof that she's "crazy." Apparently a friend of hers recently confirmed that she's not...so...

your resident asshole

@Marmotini - I'm not so sure. Have you been to her Twitter? She has this weird obsession with "ugly" people. It's all a little strange.

In addition to that video, she also has a bunch of strange pics. Here is a topless one she posted. (Things aren't that visible, but it is still mildly NSFW.)

There's also this odd event that's been circulating around in articles where she got kicked out of a gym class for various things. I'm not sure of the legitimacy of that one, though. The stories all seem to be different.

Plus, I don't understand who gets cheek piercings...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    @Marmotini - I'm not so sure. Have you been to her Twitter? She has this weird obsession with "ugly" people. It's all a little strange.

In addition to that video, she also has a bunch of strange pics. Here is a topless one she posted.

There's also this odd event that's been circulating around in articles where she got kicked out of a gym class for various things. I'm not sure of the legitimacy of that one, though. The stories all seem to be different.

Plus, I don't understand who gets cheek piercings...
    It takes a whole lot to convince me of "crazy." I watch indie films and listen to new wave and punk music, I'm not impressed by an attractive grown woman posting topless photographs of herself on her twitter.

I know of a performance artist who stood in times square with a box around her vagina in the late 1970s, so that people could look at it.

I've worked in adult entertainment and have friends who are musicians and artists.

So what if she has cheek piercings? Are you guys even for real? I'm starting to wonder what's wrong with you guys that you'd make this big of a deal out of facial piercings and nudity.

It's possibly a publicity stunt to get her career going in a more interesting direction since she was always type cast as teen princesses, it's possible that as a 27 year old woman who has more span than that that she's really fed up with these roles.

She may be fed up with Hollywood but knows no other way to self-validate than performing. Hence the attention seeking Twitter account that's completely independent and random, since she dropped all her agents and what-not.

I can understand having these kinds of feelings as a young actress. It is pretty much the epitome of why I never wanted to be Hollywood famous, and why I look at people like they have three heads when they ask me if I came to L.A. to be an actress.

I don't think anyone would even notice if Amanda Bynes was in a band. It's because she's "broken character" from being a teen princess/blonde child star that all of this is so shocking to some people.

I'm skeptical. I'm not 100 percent sure of my analysis, but I have much too much life experience and much too much reading into abnormal psychology to believe that someone is "crazy"...that isn't even a medical term.

your resident asshole

@Marmotini - I do understand what you're saying. But the biggest thing here is her change in character. People don't often completely change. The nudity, cheek piercings, DUI's, and weird Twitter rants just did not appear to be a part of her previous character. "Crazy" may not be the correct word, but she was taken to a psychiatric hospital to be evaluated at some point (confirmed fact, not a rumor). Surely if the people she knows are concerned for her, she might be going through a few things right now.

Also here is another pic of her looking less like her usual self.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

A lot of those reasons for thinking she's not struggling with something seem to be possibilities rather than plausibities, they don't seem as "best fit" nor in context of her life until this point.

Not that it matters, none of us are in a position to know. But there seems to be a lot of self-identification with Amanda that might be muddying the perception here. Whatever. I'd prefer for her sake it to be true that this is just a stage she's passing through; it'll be a shame if it's not, and she doesn't receive the help she needed.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I hope that if she is having a mental breakdown that she sticks through breaking through it. I'm not sure that we'll ever know though, due to medical confidentiality...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    @Marmotini - I do understand what you're saying. But the biggest thing here is her change in character. People don't often completely change. The nudity, cheek piercings, DUI's, and weird Twitter rants just did not appear to be a part of her previous character. "Crazy" may not be the correct word, but she was taken to a psychiatric hospital to be evaluated at some point (confirmed fact, not a rumor). Surely if the people she knows are concerned for her, she might be going through a few things right now.

Also here is another pic of her looking less like her usual self.
    None of these are traits of schizophrenia, and if she's not hearing voices or thinking there are monitors in smoke detectors, it's highly unlikely that it's even bipolar 1.

I don't even necessarily see BPD here.

I see someone who *may* be experiencing a "delayed adolescence" (all of the stuff she's doing is pretty average in people in their late teens and early twenties even though she's 27, as a child star she may have been too image conscious to live this out at the "normal" stage of development where this kind of identity-searching and rebellion is expected).

I think she's a repressed xxFP, probably an ExFP, maybe an ISFP, probably not an INFP, though, who is finally expressing her Fi and "experimenting" a lot with her Pe function.

That's all it strikes me as. And maybe some moderate substance abuse, like alcohol. I doubt very seriously that any of this points to meth or heroin.

Not having Si or Fe or rejecting Si as an inferior function is not "mental illness."

Like I said, I completely empathize with her lunging at unwanted paparazzi or other strangers snapping pics without permission (Bjork also did this once, a lot of famous people get sick of the stalking, it horrifies me even from a distance) and I also understand her telling Perez Hilton to go kill himself if he is making up news stories about her hearing voices.

Furthermore, telling people they're ugly then saying "nah I'm just kidding" sounds like something a drunk person would do. You know like acting on impulse then realizing it was absurd to do so.

It also may be some running childish gag that she finds amusing, calling people ugly who she probably perceives as thinking too much of themselves and their appearance, like a weird sense of humor, or even a dig at superficial vain people.

Lastly, I need to point out that she said she's only friends with hot people and that ugly people talk shit about her. It's a way of deflecting what she sees as adolescent shit-talking in the media (because frankly that's all it is).

I understand a lot of her behavior, and I can pretty safely assure you that there's few people on this forum more equipped to explain this woman's behavior more than I am.

I mean come on.

I've had people ask me on this forum if I'm schizophrenic (I am not) and I am actually self-employed, stable, independent, and a very reliable person.

Unless the part about hearing voices and muttering herself is true, I doubt anything is severely wrong, nothing warranting "a psychiatric hospital" ...more like stress, substance abuse, delayed adolescence...that's all it looks like to me.

Worst case scenario, a mild case of bipolar disorder that could be treated on an out-patient basis.

SRSLY GUYS COME ON.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

She has a suspected second twitter account that she uses for her even crazier thoughts and mentioned something about hearing voices.

For what it's worth.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    She has a suspected second twitter account that she uses for her even crazier thoughts and mentioned something about hearing voices.

For what it's worth.
    Link me to it, I'd like to read it, because this media blurb confirms exactly what I am saying.

I was honestly surprised at you saying she was mentally deteriorating just because she posted silly tweets about "chocolate and vanilla" (probably some kind of euphemism for a mixed race couple, I'm not sure why this would qualify as crazy even if you would consider it racist).