User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 106

  1. #51
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default



    I especially identify with the scene at 4:04. When someone argues back at me things just get hilarious so long as its kept impersonal.

  2. #52
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Do you identify with this character? So many ways to take him.

    Is he a rebel, exposing every body else's pathetic attempts at control and their trite concerns? Does he pour sand on the campfire of their ignorance and expose their superficialities, all the while being too much for anyone to handle?

    Or is he just a child....spitting at the sun, who wishes all the above were true?

    I am also curious about the attention the character garners on other youtube videos in the comments section. A lot of female admirers.

    It's something I don't see perhaps, something beyond my perception, but apparently for many; he is attractive. That says a great deal about those people.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  3. #53
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Do you identify with this character? So many ways to take him.

    Is he a rebel, exposing every body else's pathetic attempts at control and their trite concerns? Does he pour sand on the campfire of their ignorance and expose their superficialities, all the while being too much for anyone to handle?

    Or is he just a child....spitting at the sun, who wishes all the above were true?
    Yes, he and I share a lot. But I'm a few notches above his character in maturity and being nice to people.

  4. #54
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Yes, he and I share a lot. But I'm a few notches above his character in maturity and being nice to people.
    Interesting. I think people are drawn to what they see as the 'rawness' of the character, but all I see is a big bag of chips, sitting on a shoulder, yes he had hardship, but many people have similar, if not worse, issues.

    I do know someone like him. All I can say for the person is I don't get on with him since he uses every opportunity to poke holes at others as a demonstration of his intelligence and their perceived arrogance that NEEDS to be knocked down.....supposedly.

    After you posted this I had a gander at the IMDB forums for that film and some of the comments just....urgh. However it could just have been the acting in the film.

    Such a character is extremely interesting and poignant if not overdone.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  5. #55
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Interesting. I think people are drawn to what they see as the 'rawness' of the character, but all I see is a big bag of chips, sitting on a shoulder, yes he had hardship, but many people have similar, if not worse, issues.

    I do know someone like him. All I can say for the person is I don't get on with him since he uses every opportunity to poke holes at others as a demonstration of his intelligence and their perceived arrogance that NEEDS to be knocked down.....supposedly.

    After you posted this I had a gander at the IMDB forums for that film and some of the comments just....urgh. However it could just have been the acting in the film.

    Such a character is extremely interesting and poignant if not overdone.
    He was the example I was given when I did research on 8w7's.

    Its easy to see why people would want to try to tear his arrogance down. Its not so easy to see why people would want to tear mine down, as people often want to. And then when they actually manage to do so, I get upset and feel mistreated because I'm just trying to have fun or I don't understand what I did to deserve it.


  6. #56
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    He was the example I was given when I did research on 8w7's.

    Its easy to see why people would want to try to tear his arrogance down. Its not so easy to see why people would want to tear mine down, as people often want to. And then when they actually manage to do so, I get upset and feel mistreated because I'm just trying to have fun.

    Depends how close you are to that character.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  7. #57
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    @AffirmitiveAnxiety

    In fact when I was in the navy, I acted like him a lot when I was pissed and knew there'd be no repercussions for being obnoxious.

    Usually the way it works is that, I make fun of someone because I just like to tease people because its funny, but they take it as an attack. I in turn feel rejected and start fighting them. Now that I think about it its pretty stupid. But when I'm bored I also tend to get that way.

    Its just a game I like to play. Try to imagine how that scene would have worked out if there was another person in there making fun of him the way he made fun of everyone else. The whole thing would have been perceived completely different.

    I find the scene at 4:04 hilarious, because that's what happens when someone actually starts to fight back. Things just get goofy. This is when I get along with ENTP's and ENTJ's.

  8. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    You amuse me.

    Other than that you seem to be an alright guy and wouldn't mind having a beer with you (well as much socialising my introversion would allow.)

  9. #59
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    2,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Depends how close you are to that character.
    Its situational. I'm not angry like he is, though I have been at times but instead of taking it out on everyone I just shut my mouth so I don't get in worse trouble.

  10. #60
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    @AffirmitiveAnxiety

    In fact when I was in the navy, I acted like him a lot when I was pissed and knew there'd be no repercussions for being obnoxious.

    Usually the way it works is that, I make fun of someone because I just like to tease people because its funny, but they take it as an attack. I in turn feel rejected and start fighting them. Now that I think about it its pretty stupid. But when I'm bored I also tend to get that way.

    Its just a game I like to play. Try to imagine how that scene would have worked out if there was another person in there making fun of him the way he made fun of everyone else. The whole thing would have been perceived completely different.
    I never got the impression he was joking with people so much as prodding them for a reaction and as a way of venting his own feelings and issues, then pretending he was joking.

    It's what a lot of people who THINK they get that game do, but who actually don't understand it. In England we call it 'takin' the piss' and it's a time-honoured tradition that you give as much as you want to get and riff with your mates.

    What you don't normally do is push peoples buttons to the point of hitting an actual nerve, the whole point is to respect that people have limits, to do otherwise is hypocritical and unfair.

    It has to be judged on an individual level or the entire system breaks and you become just another arsehole who can't help himself. It's interesting though, I took a lot of that type of shit when I was younger and took it far too seriously, I also gave it out too seriously as a child, as I grew older the opposite happened and now very little makes me react.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Similar Threads

  1. P: What is your philosophy of life?
    By lightsun in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 01:12 AM
  2. What is your definition of maturity?
    By LindseyLadybug in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 11:02 AM
  3. What is YOUR point of living?
    By beyondaurora in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 05-17-2009, 10:07 PM
  4. [Fe] What is your idea of a romantic gesture or evening?
    By Saslou in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 06:03 PM
  5. [NF] NFs: What Is Your Opinion of "What Not to Wear"?
    By kiddykat in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 12-07-2008, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO