User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

You have the most curious sort of personality. Very magnetic. You're very self-confident, of course, but it's in sort of a matter of fact way. You're not judgmental of others until they've acted in a way that directly offends you. You're much more Id than Ego, which is why I don't think of you as a narcissist... you're not at all image-obsessed; you're just fascinated with your own bubble. You have a pleasing openness but a sort of blindness/naivete when it comes to perceiving interactions and value-weight... you're obviously interested in outside perspectives, and have desire to influence and connect, but it's sort of like you have a hard time seeing beyond yourself without explicit help from others. That's poorly worded but I'm not sure how to qualify it otherwise.

It's just really interesting because clearly you're pretty tuned into creating music and videos that are appealing to others, from your own accounts you're good at garnering female attention, and clearly there's something fairly universally attractive about you. It's like really you should be "perfect", and perfectly happy, but there's something missing, and that's due to the inherent complicatedness of the world we live in. I guess I'm running heavy on the NF today because I keep tapping into universals (or universals keep tapping into me?), but I think you're an incredible reflection of the fundamental man vs. world struggle. We all want to cheer you on because we understand you on a very subconscious level, but it seems like you're not very aware of us in the same way. It's sort of uni-directional. But we cheer you on anyway because you're irresistible.

Quote Originally Posted by DJArendee
    I feel like STJ's and NFP's sole purpose is to have everyone recognize their presence and get offended if you do not recognize their presence.
    I think it's a tenet of Fi that recognition is required. It's the most basic, simplest level of acknowledging another's existence and importance as a fellow entity. To not recognize another is the most fundamental insult, and perhaps is why you're getting the narcissism comments out of NFPs.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

You have a "HULK SMASH" vibe that's intimidating.

Your videos were very good. I saw some of them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I've been told that a lot. One of the descriptions I've read said that 8w7's are pretty rare. It wouldn't be much of a surprise to me if this is why I've been misunderstood so often. I've met another couple ESTP 8w7's who people accused of counterphobia. Add on top of that my Sp blindspot which makes me look unstable and you've got a nice CP6 lookalike.

I've had to refrain from shouting things like, "WHOSE ASS DO I GET TO F***!?"

Also PS: 8's are a part of the reactive triad. Unfortunately 8w9's are blessed with a 9 wing which makes them look unreactive.
    True. Still, I think your kind of reactivity is different. I've noticed that the E8 reactivity tends to manifest as a response to a situation where they are losing control, with a direct objective of submitting people to their will (an Id response), while cp 6 reactivity manifests as a need to have their opinions and feelings properly acknowledged (a superego response; case in point: demanding an apology)

Also, ime, E8s are maybe the type least likely to value social niceties like thanking and apologizing.

fwiw
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    I've been told that a lot. One of the descriptions I've read said that 8w7's are pretty rare. It wouldn't be much of a surprise to me if this is why I've been misunderstood so often. I've met another couple ESTP 8w7's who people accused of counterphobia. Add on top of that my Sp blindspot which makes me look unstable and you've got a nice CP6 lookalike.
    I've had to refrain from shouting things like, "WHOSE ASS DO I GET TO F***!?"
    Also PS: 8's are a part of the reactive triad. Unfortunately 8w9's are blessed with a 9 wing which makes them look unreactive.
    8s are reactive to things that are an actual threat to their control or safety, not over small things.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I find ESTP's to be quite interesting. But in any irl situation. Me and an ESTP would probably not hit it off very well.

The fact that I'm 9 and you're 8 would probably rub you the wrong way as well, especially if some minor conflict does arrive.

My experience with ESTP's in real life generally ends up in me going one way and the ESTP the other, if you know what I mean. :P

On forums there seems to be less of a barrier though.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

This will not be 10 words.

I once would have found you infuriating, but now I just find you sort of grimly funny. I should mention this is only based on the forum activity I've seen, I haven't seen the videos some others referred to.

Yes, I think many people have been correct in saying you are a different kind of 8. I subscribe to the theory that 8w7 is quite rare, and some people typed as such are not. Because my Dad is 8w7, and I know his antics personality like back of my hand, I would have noticed the similarities even had I not known your type. You are kind of a colossus and clueless (bear w/ me)-- you have all of this intellect and force of will, but you also have a giant blind spot. I'm not sure exactly what it is yet, but it's something about the wall between you and people (like @EJCC mentioned). That they can only come near superficially if they serve a purpose. So maybe it's humanity, you don't have a sense of it in most situations? I dont know though, I've thought that of my Dad too and then he surprises me by randomly expressing compassion for someone (but never to them). Like "poor lady, I'm glad your Mom is helping her." and then back to identifying pretty much everyone as incompetent, unless proven otherwise.

In short: assertive, formidable, and I think truly confident. You have an irking way of demanding attention that can seem a bit childish (that's the blind spot), but hey it works for you apparently.
    Also, lay off the 4's a bit.

Hmm...I guess the blind spot could just be vulnerability, and your uncomfort w/ your own. People can come close enough to be usefull, but not know your fears or failures. Just a thought.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    True. Still, I think your kind of reactivity is different. I've noticed that the E8 reactivity tends to manifest as a response to a situation where they are losing control, with a direct objective of submitting people to their will (an Id response), while cp 6 reactivity manifests as a need to have their opinions and feelings properly acknowledged (a superego response; case in point: demanding an apology)

Also, ime, E8s are maybe the type least likely to value social niceties like thanking and apologizing.

fwiw
    None of what you just said has anything to do with being an 8.

The core motivations outweigh the "typical signs and symptoms."

8's are perfectly capable of being polite and vulnerable. It just might be uncomfortable. It sounds to me like you're describing an insecure 8 who's too scared to open up.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I have a very difficult time communicating effectively (in my view) with you. I think you are similar to swivelling light, maybe a slightly older version. I find you abrasive and you grate me. I'm sure this is mutual.

I can find you amusing at times but i do believe you need to be kept in check as your ego runs away with you and you behave in a very childish way. Sociopathic tendancies for sure, most likely highly abusive in intimate relationships. Maybe this thread will help you to become aware of this.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    This will not be 10 words.

I once would have found you infuriating, but now I just find you sort of grimly funny. I should mention this is only based on the forum activity I've seen, I haven't seen the videos some others referred to.

Yes, I think many people have been correct in saying you are a different kind of 8. I subscribe to the theory that 8w7 is quite rare, and some people typed as such are not. Because my Dad is 8w7, and I know his antics personality like back of my hand, I would have noticed the similarities even had I not known your type.
    Thank you for validating me. I think most conceptions of 8's are just 8w9 stereotypes, and 8w7's are often stereotyped as extremely unlikable people. Things said like, "This is the roughest toughest point in the enneagram" and "they do not care how they come off" don't really seem to help much. I find that if I "don't care" what anyone thinks, I'm lying. And as I used to make women dance for my amusement before openning up to them, I never could have a good relationship.

You are kind of a colossus and clueless (bear w/ me)-- you have all of this intellect and force of will, but you also have a giant blind spot. I'm not sure exactly what it is yet, but it's something about the wall between you and people (like @EJCC mentioned). That they can only come near superficially if they serve a purpose. So maybe it's humanity, you don't have a sense of it in most situations? I dont know though, I've thought that of my Dad too and then he surprises me by randomly expressing compassion for someone (but never to them). Like "poor lady, I'm glad your Mom is helping her." and then back to identifying pretty much everyone as incompetent, unless proven otherwise.

In short: assertive, formidable, and I think truly confident. You have an irking way of demanding attention that can seem a bit childish (that's the blind spot), but hey it works for you apparently.
    Also, lay off the 4's a bit.

Hmm...I guess the blind spot could just be vulnerability, and your uncomfort w/ your own. People can come close enough to be usefull, but not know your fears or failures. Just a thought.
    I have a target painted on my back. I wonder if that's what you mean? Also speaking of colossus, ever play the game "shadow of the colossus?" My life feels like I'm one of the colossi. I'm just some dude wandering out into a field to go watch the birds, then some ass hole runs up and puts a knife in my back to prove to himself he can do it, then suddenly the guy has the audacity to start apologizing to me and saying "I didn't mean for that to happen" after I reveal the pain and suffering he's created. No shit you didn't intend to actually see my hurt feelings you dumbass. (Often the case in my interaction with 6's which is why I hate most of them).

I wonder if the blindspot that you're noticing, is just Ne and Fi. I'm also having difficulty convincing myself that 150+ naval officers were just WRONG by telling me I was arrogant, had a sense of entitlement, was overconfident.

Have you ever seen the movie battleship?

STORY OF MY NAVAL CAREER.

I was such a fucking stereotype. "You're a loose cannon!" "You're a danger to the ship!" "You're overconfident" "You're arrogant and reckless!" ALL OF THESE THINGS WERE SAID TO ME! lmao. I think ESTJ's just like to pretend they're in a movie at all times. It makes me wonder what kind of personality inspired the writing in that movie.

So yeah, in other words, movies and video games are inspired by people like me. *flexes*

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    I have a very difficult time communicating effectively (in my view) with you. I think you are similar to swivelling light, maybe a slightly older version. I find you abrasive and you grate me. I'm sure this is mutual.

I can find you amusing at times but i do believe you need to be kept in check as your ego runs away with you and you behave in a very childish way. Sociopathic tendancies for sure, most likely highly abusive in intimate relationships. Maybe this thread will help you to become aware of this.
    Oh what's up @HelenOfTroy... wasn't expecting to see you here.

I remember you trying so desperately hard to reveal that I'm actually a big baby inside. "People that confident are usually big babies inside!" Well to satisfy your curiosity, I actually am.

Let me put another notch into my belt to keep track of all the NFP's who think I'm a sociopath/narcissist. So far I'm averaging 3 per week. So we're starting off this week nicely.