User Tag List

Permabanned

Default Sleeping on your problems

Anyone here guilty of doing this? you know when you have a problem and you decide to sleep on it?

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    Anyone here guilty of doing this? you know when you have a problem and you decide to sleep on it?
    Definitely. If I've been pondering a problem and not making much headway, then sleeping on the problem is a great way to re-boot and look at the problem fresh. It almost always brings a good result. Sometimes I even think about a problem while dozing in the morning and come up with a fresh approach that way.

Also, if I have tough project or paper to write, often I'll write the "meat" of the thing first (sometimes just in outline form), then sleep on it and pull together the final product the next day.

I consider "sleeping on it" as a useful weapon in my productivity arsenal.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by FineLine View Post
    Definitely. If I've been pondering a problem and not making much headway, then sleeping on the problem is a great way to re-boot and look at the problem fresh. It almost always brings a good result. Sometimes I even think about a problem while dozing in the morning and come up with a fresh approach that way.

Also, if I have tough project or paper to write, often I'll write the "meat" of the thing first (sometimes just in outline form), then sleep on it and pull together the final product the next day.

I consider "sleeping on it" as a useful weapon in my productivity arsenal.
    That's awesome. I usually do that with projects and assignments as well if the project isn't due early morning the next day. I find that I can wake up with a fresh mind and new ideas. Thing is some times "sleeping on it" can cause huge problems so you better watch what you're sleeping on I guess?.