User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should freedom of speech on the forum be tolerated?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 46.15%
  • No

    7 53.85%
First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 62

  1. #31
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    You have freedom of speech in that you're probably not going to be arrested for anything you say here. But not in that you won't be banned or have other consequences. We're not 4chan.
    I LOVE the fact that this is a boast, it should become an internet meme, you could have pictures of people from history, hitler, mao, pol pot, osama, obama (joke, joke, I just got out of the treason thread) with this tag line.

    Freedom of speech is always relative, my favourite quote in relation to it is the one from Kirkegaard when he says that most people demand freedom of speech because they're not bothering with the freedom of thought that they should try.

  2. #32
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    They got you man?

    They tried to get me too, they still trying.

  3. #33
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Freedom of speech is always relative, my favourite quote in relation to it is the one from Kirkegaard when he says that most people demand freedom of speech because they're not bothering with the freedom of thought that they should try.
    That is an awesome quote. Must remember that.

    BTW the 4chan thing wasn't exactly a boast, just a statement of fact. We have a different purpose and we're moderated, always have been, always will be. We're not a free speech sandbox for everyone to piss in.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post






    And the best ones were something called a .png which wouldnt work I bet.

  5. #35
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    LOL'd at that last one especially.

  6. #36
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That is an awesome quote. Must remember that.

    BTW the 4chan thing wasn't exactly a boast, just a statement of fact. We have a different purpose and we're moderated, always have been, always will be. We're not a free speech sandbox for everyone to piss in.
    It should be a boast though, I hate 4chan and unmoderated sites of that kind. Cesspits of humanity.

  7. #37
    Freaking Ratchet Rail Tracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,041

    Default

    No it should not be tolerated, we need a Ministry of Truth in this forum.

    Quell yo desires.

  8. #38
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    LOL'd at that last one especially.
    I love the third world success series, the little dancing black kids, at first they're like really bad taste but then you realise, wait, this is about proper perspective on things and there really ought to be more happy, dancing people in the world anyway.

  9. #39
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    Trolling is more exciting with rules, but some of the content on 4chan is entertaining.

  10. #40
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    I don't spend a lot of time thinking about 4chan at all since it's not relevant to my interests (or this forum).

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-02-2013, 09:44 PM
  2. Should Miss Piggy on this forum be tolerated?
    By The Iron Giant in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 01:34 PM
  3. Should misanthropy on the forum be encouraged?!
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-29-2013, 04:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO