User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Ferrari?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • STP - Damn Yes

0 0%
  • STP - Hell No

2 4.65%
  • NTJ - Damn Right

3 6.98%
  • NTJ - No. What Are You. Stupid?

4 9.30%
  • SFJ - Yes Please Thank You

1 2.33%
  • SFJ - No It's Not My Thing

0 0%
  • NFJ - It Might Be Nice

2 4.65%
  • NFJ - No Thank You. What Would I Do With It?

9 20.93%
  • STJ - Sure

0 0%
  • STJ - No. It's Completely Impractical

3 6.98%
  • NTP - Yes!!!

1 2.33%
  • NTP - What A Stupid Idea

7 16.28%
  • SFP - Yeah

0 0%
  • SFP - Blank Look With No Response

1 2.33%
  • NFP - Yes! (I'm an ENFP)

2 4.65%
  • NFP - No You Materialistic Buffoon

8 18.60%
First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    no because I'm not a man with a small penis going through a mid-life crisis. I'd rather pay for a chauffeur to drive me around.
    A driver would be the best!
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Society

no because I'm not a man with a small penis going through a mid-life crisis.
    but, but, but...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I bet you couldn't go twenty miles an hour over the speed limit in a car like that without having a cop on your rear. You can get by with a lot more if you keep a low profile.
    It's true it would attract attention. I had a flashy car once and did experience that. It was like a magnet for cops.

"Get by with a lot more" of what though? Do you mean like driving a souped up Honda Civic?

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Ferrari's not cool or worth the $; seems often that it's just more of a weird status symbol. I'm sure it's got remarkable specs- speed and all that, but it's overall not an appealing car to me. Aesthetically or otherwise. I've driven an antique before, & they have a particular feel to them I really enjoy.
    Not worth the money sure but not cool? Not aesthetically appealing? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Sure. I'd buy one for my Husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I resent I had to pick the option that insulted you (you materialistic baffoon...). Why do the INFJs get the option to say politely no -what would I do with it?-?

And dont even get me started on the 'Yes!! (Im an ENFP!) option
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    PS: LOL at the poll (there isn't a "no" answer for SFPs and it's assumed that any NFP who wants one is an ENFP )
    Well the assumption is that if you are an ENFP then you are probably an Enneagram 7. Also, if you are on this forum and you are an SFP, you are probably an ISFP and the ISFP wouldn’t want to make you feel stupid so they would just look at you and say nothing (meaning no).

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Very nice! How do you like it? That car is the first Volvo in the history of Volvo's to ever catch my eye ...
    I still can't get over how amazing it is to have a car with 4 wheel drive. The rear camera, front and back collision sensors, the blind spot detection system and the fact that it stops automatically if you are going to hit a car in front of you (if you're going 20 or under) does make you feel pretty safe. It feels very sure footed on the road. That's the best way I can describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    The Ferrari isn't my dream car, but I'd be a liar if I didn't admit to liking fast cars.

So, my complete answer to the Ferrari question is dependent upon the answer 'yes' to three more ifs: if we could reasonably afford it, if it wouldn't compromise our retirement and if it was a dream car for my husband, then yes, yes I would buy it.

Probably a used one though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I want to know what the definition of "afford" is. Is it that I have that much money in the bank, that I can get a loan for that much money, that I'm suddenly gifted that much money, that I literally have more money than I could ever spend, what?
    That's a good question.

The definition "afford" would be that you:
    1. Have enough money that you don't need to worry about it (and you could easily buy a new one) or
    2. You have enough already to comfortably retire (and you could easily buy a used one)

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    My first thought was... the cost of a Ferrari put into a retirement account now would let me retire how many years earlier?
    It's probably a pretty low number but 2 years, for the sake of argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    no:
    1. i am a big guy, i don't know specifically about ferrari (i don't check the brand before entering a car), but from sports car in the past i have had bad luck with leg-room.
    I don't know how much leg room a Ferrari has. Football players drive them though so I imagine there is some. The 911 has more leg room than any car I have every driven and that is a sports car.

no because I'm not a man with a small penis going through a mid-life crisis. I'd rather pay for a chauffeur to drive me around.
    A driver would be the best!
    Seriously, this is so boring!

Ask your average male kid if they would rather have a Ferrari or a chauffer when they grow up. In every man, there is a little boy but as they get old, they decide they don't want a Ferrari because it is not practical. It is much more practical to buy a big house that you don't need because real estate always goes up.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't want a driver. Another person to smile at and make eye contact with? Exhausting.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I don't want a driver. Another person to smile at and make eye contact with? Exhausting.

Humans: The original drain.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

garbage

If I had enough money, I'd buy all of them so that nobody else could have one.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Not worth the money sure but not cool? Not aesthetically appealing? Seriously?
    Yeah, my subjective definitions of such concepts don't encompass Ferraris; I'm probably a minority in this.. my own weirdo minority.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It's true it would attract attention. I had a flashy car once and did experience that. It was like a magnet for cops.

"Get by with a lot more" of what though? Do you mean like driving a souped up Honda Civic?
    Yeah, something like that. If cops are anything like truck drivers, they judge people based on their cars. If you stand out or you fall into one of the 'jerk' stereotypes, it's going to get negative attention.

Seriously, this is so boring!

Ask your average male kid if they would rather have a Ferrari or a chauffer when they grow up. In every man, there is a little boy but as they get old, they decide they don't want a Ferrari because it is not practical. It is much more practical to buy a big house that you don't need because real estate always goes up.
    Did I imagine the housing bubble?

But, I *am* boring. I've never been anything but boring, even as a teenager and I've never been male. And, honestly, I'd rather be boring than bored. I was never thrilled about driving and I would much rather read or play with my laptop than drive. Until self-driving cars are available, drivers are the best option. And FWIW, my husband would love a self-driving car. I'd buy him one in a heartbeat if I was loaded and there were good ones available.

In the meantime, if I want ed to gratuitously waste money, I'd have someone build me my very own Bag End or some such nerdy nonsense.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

And FWIW, my husband would love a self-driving car.
    Ask him if he had all the money he needed if he would want a Ferrari - not as a practical thing - but to have fun driving and maybe to look at. Maybe after getting the self driving car.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Society

And FWIW, my husband would love a self-driving car.
    i would too - at a heart bit.

really, the freedom a car gives me (going anywhere on my own schedule) with the freedom public transport gives me (work/study/play on my laptop) in one? sign me up.

can driving be fun at times? ofcourse, on the highway or in the middle of the night.... but i don't think i ever thought that while being stuck in traffic on an average day, and even if it wasn't the case: i prefer playing a good action-adventure RPG or RTS over any racing game.

ooo! if i am that rich in this scenario, can i get a self-driving landyacht? i want one of those!

edit: also, drinking while being self-driven-car driven... legal?

Ask him if he had all the money he needed if he would want a Ferrari - not as a practical thing - but to have fun driving and maybe to look at. Maybe after getting the self driving car.
    screw that - buy a paintball arena!