User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Oh, that's a good point- we've got registered lurkers too. (Hi registered lurkers!)

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What's an active member again?

I don't really consider myself as "active" member here, in essence, although I still guess I make some posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    good question, i figured it was "higher post frequency then X" or "posted within X amount of time from now" or something of the sort.

but nonetheless:

yo:

how do you define an active member, and come to think of it, where do those statistics come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I don't know how those numbers were derived but I think an inactive member is someone who is no longer making any posts (maybe, no posts in at least a month or something). An active member still makes posts. I think Jennifer is an active member because she still makes posts.
    I actually have no idea how an active member is defined. Well, I seem to recall it was indeed something like what Ivy said.

The reason is that I merely copied these statistics from the bottom of the forum page of both sites, and that's all. It required no cleverness or diligence.

"Typology Central Statistics
    Threads: 59,992 Posts: 2,046,378 Members: 16,279 Active Members: 1,214
    Welcome to our newest member, sleepinghart

Blogs: 378 Entries: 2,084 Last 24 Hours: 1
    Latest Blog Entry, On being Alive by Eruca
    "

We would need to know the Admin values for TypC and PersC to compare accurately.
    I'm betting that they are both set to default, and any admin that reads this says "oh, I didn't know that!"
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Pros of TypoC: More close knit community, more reasonable moderation, better interface, not so many subforms to wade through, oh and we definitely have the best emoticons.

Pros of PerC: More type related posts, subforums for each MBTI and enneagram types.

I'm on both forums but my activity on PerC is more off and on. Here I'm more of a regular poster.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Mane View Post
    how do you define an active member, and come to think of it, where do those statistics come from?
    @Mane: I just googled it, since it looks like a vbulletin setting he's just quoting. According to the vbulletin forum,

So I guess it's based on visits within a certain amount of days, not actually posting.

We would need to know the Admin values for TypC and PersC to compare accurately.
    A member is active if they have visited the board with a certain number of days. It is a configurable option and here it is set at 90 days.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

i find perc so visually distracting.
    they went a little overboard with
    the end user hacks from vbulletin.
    i hate all those like/heart this post
    add ons. and the username addons.

and they have ads.

they also have more cut and paste
    stuff from books.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

Society

Quote Originally Posted by mmhmm View Post
    i find perc so visually distracting.
    they went a little overboard with
    the end user hacks from vbulletin.
    i hate all those like/heart this post
    add ons. and the username addons.

and they have ads.

they also have more cut and paste
    stuff from books.
    you know, featuer wise i've looked a bit into forums using this http://xenforo.com/ and its interesting, has mostly the same features as VB, but the real time alerts are petty cool - they just pops up as they are made, never need to hit the reload.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I do think their ads suck. I have encountered sound ads and occassional alerts about ads from my protection software. And yeah most annoying, they self load without a manual refresh. An ad blocker can help if you have one.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    • Personality Cafe has roughly 92% the number of active members as Typology Central and 332% the number of members if including inactive members.

• Personality Cafe has about 181% the number of posts and 236% the number of threads as Typology Central

• Personality Cafe was opened in October of 2008, while Typology Central was opened in April of 2007. Thus, Personality Cafe is 1 and 1 half years younger than Typology Central, and Personality Cafe is about 75% the age of Typology Central.

• Personality Cafe has an innumerably larger number of ugly icons than Typology Central.

Having compiled this information in my listlessness, I now demand that at least one of you interpret it! What does it all mean? Make any interpretation you want. Here's my first attempt: It means that people are initially drawn in by oodles of ugly icons but quickly tire of them.

• Lastly: The black rhinoceros has two horns, while the Indian rhinoceros has one horn, thus the white rhinoceros has 200% the number of horns as the Indian rhinoceros.
    I am a refugee from Personality Cafe (I left for ethical reasons). It was the first site I got into upon discovering MBTI. This was quite some time ago but what I initially noted was the age difference. PerC has a lot of youngsters. I inferred this by the types of posts and reading them. This age difference also correlated to ventrilo.

I think the stats you derived reflect the motivations of the prior owner which have carried over statistically. The prior owner did everything he could to boost the number of members. He would make threads completely disappear without stating a reason or that he'd done so, he'd ban and reban people (those crafty proxy server "trolls") who he thought weren't adding to the site. Complaints by memebers were taken very seriously and punishments were meted out without discussion or any kind of transparency and without regard to the posted forum rules. He'd get on vent and verbally rip into people if his they did/said negative things about the site. This was also a stated policy of the site, if you linked to any other MBTI site, the post would be deleted and you'd get banned. The reason is now very apparent, to maximize value and return on investment.

I believe the net effect of these "antics" were that people did not engage in robust discussions. Peoples feelings would get hurt and people would stop coming back to the site. Consequently many of the threads were (are still?) fluffy in nature.

The afore mentioned I experienced first hand, including ventrilo and 2nd hand by speaking with people who had been banned or migrated to other sites.

P.S. Lance, if you are reading this *rude gesture*

P.S.S. He was an ENFP
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    I am a refugee from Personality Cafe (I left for ethical reasons). It was the first site I got into upon discovering MBTI. This was quite some time ago but what I initially noted was the age difference. PerC has a lot of youngsters. I inferred this by the types of posts and reading them. This age difference also correlated to ventrilo.

I think the stats you derived reflect the motivations of the prior owner which have carried over statistically. The prior owner did everything he could to boost the number of members. He would make threads completely disappear without stating a reason or that he'd done so, he'd ban and reban people (those crafty proxy server "trolls") who he thought weren't adding to the site. Complaints by memebers were taken very seriously and punishments were meted out without discussion or any kind of transparency and without regard to the posted forum rules. He'd get on vent and verbally rip into people if his they did/said negative things about the site. This was also a stated policy of the site, if you linked to any other MBTI site, the post would be deleted and you'd get banned. The reason is now very apparent, to maximize value and return on investment.

I believe the net effect of these "antics" were that people did not engage in robust discussions. Peoples feelings would get hurt and people would stop coming back to the site. Consequently many of the threads were (are still?) fluffy in nature.

The afore mentioned I experienced first hand, including ventrilo and 2nd hand by speaking with people who had been banned or migrated to other sites.

P.S. Lance, if you are reading this *rude gesture*
    Interesting. It presently looks to me like PerC is considerable more transparent than TypoC.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Interesting. It presently looks to me like PerC is considerable more transparent than TypoC.
    I left PerC around the time of my joining here, which was November 2009. If it has changed for the better, good! I'm partial to transparency. I presume this is because of the change in ownership.

Now I'm curious... THANKS Unfortunately when I left, I sent Lance a message explaining my reasons for leaving the site and a request to ban me (lest he benefit from me being on the membership roles).
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft