User Tag List

First 1234 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    When I am queen, all INTJs will be forced to append each post with an emoticon-laden signature.
    That's vague enough that they can just make all the emoticons a hand throwing the bird or something.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There's a lot more fluff and bullshit personal discussions on typology central, that's why people tend to spend more time here and make more posts, it's like a coffee shop where people hang out and flirt and argue with each other.

Personality Cafe is a place you go to actually pointedly participate in threads, and if you don't, they will quickly dispose of you.

Each actually has its merits. Typology Central may be more "fun" or "loose" but Personality Cafe is more conducive to on-topic, respectful discussion, because respect is pretty much enforced there.

Type C is a lot more influenced by INTPCentral with a kind of Ne-fluid discussion format that appeals to a lot of Pe types in general probably, but with a weird, almost non-sensically rigid inferior Fe system of punishment.

Personality Cafe is a lot more up front and consistent about their Fe. It's like shape up or GTFO.

MBTI
    xxTP

PerC has way too many sub-forums, encouraging too many crap threads.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Personality Cafe is ugly.

Seriously, if they cleaned up their interface, I might actually spend time there.

They have too... much... crap going on visually. I can't stand it.
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Oh and Typology Central seems to be dying.

Let's give it CPR.

That too.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'm not sure I see the utility in TypoC being more like Personality Cafe. Wouldn't it be better to have two distinct site with a distinctive user base and vibe, rather than one site that's just a shittier version of another site?
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

Visit my Johari:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    PerC has way too many sub-forums, encouraging too many crap threads.
    The sub-forums are a way of keeping things organized and on-topic. I actually approach the entire forum differently there. Here I just kind of latch on to whatever I see in ispy, or what I've been talking about before.

There I tend to hit up Sex and Relationships, mostly, and Current Events and the Debate Forum.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    I'm not sure I see the utility in TypoC being more like Personality Cafe. Wouldn't it be better to have two distinct site with a distinctive user base and vibe, rather than one site that's just a shittier version of another site?
    They are two distinct types of sites. I think you saying one is a shittier version of the other is highly subjective.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Exactly. As they are now, they are very distinctive sites, and one isn't really better than the other, except for the terrible user interface on Personality Cafe.

But if we changed Typoc to make it be more like Personality Cafe, it probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Visit my Johari:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    Exactly. As they are now, they are very distinctive sites, and one isn't really better than the other, except for the terrible user interface on Personality Cafe.

But if we changed Typoc to make it be more like Personality Cafe, it probably wouldn't be a good idea.
    But it isn't terrible. Personality Cafe is actually doing better right now than Typology Central, as far as I know.