User Tag List

First 456

Thread: Should I?

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Your guts are tougher than mine! I cannot handle all that spice and peppers.
    We brits love our spicy food, 'specially curries. This was medium though... lots of tomatoes and pasta sheets to bulk it out. I'm currently waddling after eating it. Like this ->

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    We brits love our spicy food, 'specially curries.
    I grew up in Texas, but still could not deal with a lot of spice or hot peppers.

This was medium though... lots of tomatoes and pasta sheets to bulk it out. I'm currently waddling after eating it. Like this ->

Now that is a fine Saturday night!

What is for desert?

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I grew up in Texas, but still could not deal with a lot of spice or hot peppers.

Now that is a fine Saturday night!

What is for desert?
    Already had it too. A cone with one scoop of Ben and Jerries strawberry shortcake frozen yoghurt and one scoop of a sharp, almost sour, lemon sorbet.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I made my own! In a pizza thread inspired mood, I made a giant spicy italian lasagne, complete with a barbeque sauce layer, hot peppers and spicy mexican sausage.

It.. rocked.
    Sounds like a southwestern twist on the casserole.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I made my own! In a pizza thread inspired mood, I made a giant spicy italian lasagne, complete with a barbeque sauce layer, hot peppers and spicy mexican sausage.

It.. rocked.
    This sounds really good, and you are invited over to my place to cook it for me.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Our avocados are super-delicious because they're really fresh and ripe, since they can like, you know, grow in people's backyards without any special effort. People often bring fresh stuff from their yards and share at work...

Yeah, it wasn't like it was planned, otherwise I wouldn't have all this bacon in my fridge and meat products in my pantry. However, that's how it goes.

I wonder if people would think I was crazy if I went out to the trolley stop and offered people bacon. Would they take it? Would they call the police? I wonder...
    it's bacon enough said.

(I would eat it)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I should change the title of this thread to "Wolf's Diet Blog 3.0 - Attack of the Flora", but I cannot move it to the NT blogs...

Since I've made it so long, I figured I'd keep going, especially since it's the weekend and I'm actually home for once.

You know the drill: I'll list my intake and exercise that falls outside of the normal. Unlike last time, I already walk around a lot more thanks to where I live, which allows for walking to a lot of places and requires a bit more walking to/from the car, plus some additional effort in certain respects. I'll try to note these walking excursions down, but might miss some.

My target is to make it a full week without consuming any mobile life form larger than a gnat, and without intentionally consuming any mobile life form with a proper nervous system.

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

This is totally not a fluff thread.

The admins here suck, so I never got to make a blog out of this, but I'm a mere 14 hours from my full week without meat. Oddly, according to the big scale at work, I seem to have gained a bit of weight, though it hasn't fluctuated as much as usual. I'm also not looking quite as sloppy, though I don't know if that's due to the vast amounts of good fats, more activity, or just feeling better about myself in some respects.

In any case, I don't think I'd make it through the weekend without eating some kind of meat, since it is the 4th of July and all. Barbecue and pie are the games this weekend.

Next week I have to go up to see the parents, and that's a time when I wouldn't be able to avoid meat, either, especially since I almost always go for Szechwan for lunch before my appointments when I'm there...

It's been all-but easy to do, the main exception being difficulty finding my favorite cheese in the right quantity and that I have to make so much at home (which is time-consuming). Aside from those, I didn't miss meat at all, but that's probably mainly due to the amount of guacamole, olives, and queso fresco I've made and/or consumed over the past week that I've added to just about every meal... Lots of blueberries, strawberries, hibiscus calyxes, pine seeds, and a couple kiwis for snacks. Sadly, I missed the farmer's market last week, which left me short on some other goodies. If I had a proper fridge this would have been a piece of cake with a quick trip over there.

I've also realized that "organic" means "contains plant-specific pests", particularly for pest-infested plants like lettuce. It also means "delicious, like the stuff you dig up in the forest" for certain items. Organic scallions are way more delicious than the normal ones (it's not like much eats them, anyhow), but the best I've found so-far are organic carrots, which taste just like the wild ones.

I'd go even longer if it wasn't so hard to avoid meat over this weekend, and particularly next week.