User Tag List

123 Last

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Default What Caused You To Either Create a Blog or Not Create a Blog

I've often thought of this. I've thought of creating a blog as yeah, I have things to say, but never can quite get over the hump of doing it. So much personal stuff being shared, and I've seen it be used against people later. I could go the route of creating one and then only sharing so much, but one, I think I'd bore the crap out of not only a reader, but myself as well, and two, it would cease to have a reason. What then would be the point? It would start to feel like work to me.

Why bother to do it if I'm not going to be able to really get into it, and for me, that would have to include letting at least 90% of "it" out.

Being unable to quite take that step, I can't help but wonder what allows others to do so or what causes others to be like me and not do so.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I have a blog but I put mine in the private blogs section. You have to have at 500 posts on this forum to view it. That makes it extremely unlikely that some random stranger or my mom will happen to stumble upon it. I used to just put mine in the NT blogs section but then I had some stuff in there that was rather personal and better placed in the private blogs.

Regarding the personal stuff, it's just things I need to get off my chest but not comfortable sharing with just anyone. I also have some 'fluff' type stuff in there- funny videos and things like that. I've considered starting a second blog- one for the fluffier stuff that anyone on the forum can view in addition to my private blog.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENTP

Oddly, I never worried about strangers or my family. Strangers don't effect me, and my family wouldn't be surprised by anything I say or do, frankly. I hesitated more because I'd seen private things said in blogs be used against people by other posters.

Until you posted that though, I didn't know about the different sections for blogs. Thanks.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

It helps me to put things into perspective, and it's good place for occasional rantings.

Some things might end up being used against me on an unrelated argument, but that feedback isn't necessarily useless, unless we're talking about a specific member whom I don't even like referring to.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Ginkgo

Blogs have always seemed to be weird animals to me. I've started more than 4; I seem to ditch them because they become irrelevant to current events in my life, and sometimes when they're far *too* relevant in the sense that I just repeat yesterday's news.

I think a blog serves as a great way to bring you a sense of accomplishment, even if you don't etch out detailed descriptions of your activities. Simple statements about what you've taken ownership of tend to profit your sense of self-reflection far more than over-analysis and fluff. Consequentially, your blog will have a practical upside. Positive reinforcement, etc.

MBTI
    yupp

I didn't even realized I clicked this thread, now that I'm here, why i created a blog? i dunno, why not something to do.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I'm not an attention whore. I don't want my ideas in full view for everyone to see. I'll just keep a diary for that.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    I'm not an attention whore. I don't want my ideas in full view for everyone to see. I'll just keep a journal for that.
    You think those who have a blog here are attention whores?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    You think those who have a blog here are attention whores?
    I wouldn't say that's the case for everyone. I just don't like the "facebook" "look at me world, I'm special" era that we're in.

Or maybe I'm confused about what a blog is?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    I wouldn't say that's the case for everyone. I just don't like the "facebook" "look at me world, I'm special" era that we're in.

Or maybe I'm confused about what a blog is?
    I'm not sure, really, other than it's on a much smaller scale (viewer-wise) with the option of longer posts.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery