User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Those sound like positive reasons. Particularly, I suppose, if it's something you wouldn't normally say to those around you IRL?
    Yes, definitely the case. I'll once in a while say things that make me sound narcissistic, things that make me sound shallow, things that make me sound overly naive, things that make me sound too sensitive, etc, and I try to trust people to see the whole me instead of judging based on particular occurrences.

I don't see the point in making a blog and censoring myself. It's better to put things out there and readily access what's wrong/what could improve.

The privacy setting is pretty decent, as it takes 500 posts to see what I'm writing, so I don't worry much about it. Besides, I can always say "that wasn't me, it was an impostor" with a satisfactory degree of plausible deniability.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

I've often thought of this. I've thought of creating a blog as yeah, I have things to say, but never can quite get over the hump of doing it. So much personal stuff being shared, and I've seen it be used against people later. I could go the route of creating one and then only sharing so much, but one, I think I'd bore the crap out of not only a reader, but myself as well, and two, it would cease to have a reason. What then would be the point? It would start to feel like work to me.

Why bother to do it if I'm not going to be able to really get into it, and for me, that would have to include letting at least 90% of "it" out.

Being unable to quite take that step, I can't help but wonder what allows others to do so or what causes others to be like me and not do so.
    I ran across a quote at my workplace today that resonated with me, not only in my personal situation but also my take on blogs and why I've never done one.

"Without involvement, there is no commitment. Mark it down, asterisk it, circle it, underline it. No involvement, no commitment.”

Thought, decision, action, rinse repeat. I try to follow this pattern where I can and when I "feel" that I won't always want to or be able to act I try to short circuit that thought pattern as it will eventually lead to procrastination and just so much mental masturbation. It is actually one of the reasons I don't post often and also why I've never seriously considered doing a blog. What is my point? What am I trying to accomplish? Do I have the will to plan/organize my thoughts and then ACT on it? This is a semi-recent development (last 10 years or so). Additionally, I'm not very interesting, just a regular dude ya know? and the thought of needing to create a blog entry and feeling "pressured" to appease someone following my blog just... bleh *PASS*

Also, I agree with the sentiment I believe you were trying to convey: If you are going to do something meaningful do it well.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Standuble View Post
    I decided not to create one as I realised that nobody would be interested in the thoughts I put down. Myself included.
    Has definitely crossed my mind. I have a hard time imagining anyone would want to while at the same time thinking about the consequences if they did. Though, I've checked out a few blogs in my day, and a couple of the better ones were by those that started out saying something very similar to what you've said. Sometimes, the same thing that allows a person to be that honest is the same thing that makes their thoughts interesting to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It demands developing a thicker skin, that is for sure, and knowing where the boundaries between people and not feeling the need to apologize if you decide to enforce them.
    Jennifer, your's was I think, only the second one I ever saw. And, I did read it much more than you know. Truthfully, I think your blog is one of the main reasons I knew we could be friends. Not "forum" friends, but Facebook "here's my life too" friends. I agree very much about the boundaries as well. If I never start one, that will probably be on the list of reasons why. Because I could very well say quite a bit that I wouldn't feel the need to apologize for, and that usually comes with a lot of people who think you should... NOW. And, I don't know if sharing would be worth the bother. Bah, you know me. I don't have to tell you this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I think I've grown outta blogs, and just started my own journal. There is just more that I can say and more that I am willing to let out. I notice a difference between a blog and a journal though.

The biggest difference, to me, is having an open conversation versus having the privacy to say almost anything. In an open blog, you can bounce ideas and receive different perspectives. In a more personal medium, like a journal, most if not all, the bouncing of ideas go through your own head.
    So true. They do each have their bonuses. And, for those same reasons, their disappointments.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Yes, definitely the case. I'll once in a while say things that make me sound narcissistic, things that make me sound shallow, things that make me sound overly naive, things that make me sound too sensitive, etc, and I try to trust people to see the whole me instead of judging based on particular occurrences.

I don't see the point in making a blog and censoring myself. It's better to put things out there and readily access what's wrong/what could improve.

The privacy setting is pretty decent, as it takes 500 posts to see what I'm writing, so I don't worry much about it. Besides, I can always say "that wasn't me, it was an impostor" with a satisfactory degree of plausible deniability.
    Ah, bingo. Trust. I don't trust people for the most part. I don't have an aversion to it or anything, but for me personally, there are reasons that keep me from just naturally doing so, plus the whole "doubting everything" nature of mine probably doesn't help. Heh, you have a contingency plan. Niiiiice.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    I ran across a quote at my workplace today that resonated with me, not only in my personal situation but also my take on blogs and why I've never done one.

"Without involvement, there is no commitment. Mark it down, asterisk it, circle it, underline it. No involvement, no commitment.”

Thought, decision, action, rinse repeat. I try to follow this pattern where I can and when I "feel" that I won't always want to or be able to act I try to short circuit that thought pattern as it will eventually lead to procrastination and just so much mental masturbation. It is actually one of the reasons I don't post often and also why I've never seriously considered doing a blog. What is my point? What am I trying to accomplish? Do I have the will to plan/organize my thoughts and then ACT on it? This is a semi-recent development (last 10 years or so). Additionally, I'm not very interesting, just a regular dude ya know? and the thought of needing to create a blog entry and feeling "pressured" to appease someone following my blog just... bleh *PASS*

Also, I agree with the sentiment I believe you were trying to convey: If you are going to do something meaningful do it well.
    That's an excellent quote. Right, right, wondering if it'll eventually start to feel like a chore. One more responsibility. It's occurred to me. I hope people that have them now don't feel like that. I'd like to think that what I'm reading is coming from a deeper place that's honestly giving them something they need at that moment. Geez, dear bloggers, NO PRESSURE.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The same reason everyone creates a blog: attention.

The difference between me and everyone else? I admit it.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü™ View Post
    The same reason everyone creates a blog: attention.

The difference between me and everyone else? I admit it.
    Yeah, that's not true. The difference is actually that they're not you.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

Ginkgo

MBTI
    yupp

I just started a stream of consciousness one to purge some of my thoughts so i can be a better a writer. But it might not work. and i posted it because it will make me what's the word not amendable, um uh uh uh uh that word not responsible it's like it, um um um um fuck i don't know Accountable!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I just started a stream of consciousness one to purge some of my thoughts so i can be a better a writer. But it might not work. and i posted it because it will make me what's the word not amendable, um uh uh uh uh that word not responsible it's like it, um um um um fuck i don't know Accountable!
    That's so cool. I saw your first post in it! And, a possibly good plan too. I've wondered about doing the same thing, so I'm curious to see if it works or not, and why. Good luck!
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    yupp

That's so cool. I saw your first post in it! And, a possibly good plan too. I've wondered about doing the same thing, so I'm curious to see if it works or not, and why. Good luck!
    I can update you in 2 weeks if you like, if i remember
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so