User Tag List

First 23456 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Oh, god, I have a huge blank spot regarding which one I'm doing at any given time. Too much, or not enough. Usually ending up with me doing either one or the other to the extreme. If I keep my mouth shut, I know it's not too much, if I get any encouragement at all that someone wants to hear, (and if personal, won't judge) I'll probably share too much. Probably why I've thought about this for almost five years and still have never done it.

Oh wow...get outta my head! I even do with this with people I'm close to..."!$% I said too damn much!" and then disappear for weeks convalescing from the attack of verbarrhea.

I do have an online journal and I spend a great deal of time writing in. I get embarrassed about stuff I wrote there and have had to tell myself to just leave it. Try to find meaning/make sense of why I wrote what I did.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post

Oh wow...get outta my head! I even do with this with people I'm close to..."!$% I said too damn much!" and then disappear for weeks convalescing from the attack of verbarrhea.
    Well, at least we know we're not alone! I do that with people close to me too. It's almost like I have no clue how they see me, and I wonder if I've screwed something up. NOW what do they think? I know they took that wrong (or worse, right. ) It's easier just to cultivate the image you know they're okay with and then flip into that when they're around. Everyone is nice and comfy, no shocks, nothing new to wrap their minds around or... oh, god, want to TALK to you about. That's the worst! When they think you should TALK about something you've shared that you know they'll never get, so you have to then sugar-coat or back-track so they'll drop it. Gah.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I do have an online journal and I spend a great deal of time writing in. I get embarrassed about stuff I wrote there and have had to tell myself to just leave it. Try to find meaning/make sense of why I wrote what I did.
    Huh, I think I do too, but I always forget about it. Some Windows thing. I do write a lot in notepad and just save it to my comp. You're brave to look back on it. I only do if I need a link I know I talked about or need to know about what time something happened. I feel, when I look back, like past me was so stupid, so naive. Even if it's last week.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

It was a nice release. So yeah.....the correct answer would be...venting.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Glycerine

I think it's mostly venting and sometimes a small paragraph/sentence of what I am currently thinking about.

I also have the issue of over-sharing vs. not sharing enough. For me, over-sharing equals an instant feeling of regret and the compulsion to edit/delete.

MBTI
    yupp

perhaps, it gives me an outlet for my silliness and emotions and ideas with out clogging the board with ridiculous threads. though sometimes i don't think something is ridiculous til after i post it. it's like hey this hot stove doesn't look hot let me...ow!

i also like attention, not too much though
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    It was a nice release. So yeah.....the correct answer would be...venting.
    Venting is a great draw. A definite positive for having a blog as far as letting off some steam, but it's also when some people may be most apt to say something they'd regret or maybe not even mean. I could easily see me making that mistake unfortunately. Or, worse, saying exactly what I mean when I'd normally keep it to myself. I mean, I'm open, and most of the time pretty blunt as well, but what people hear is still only a part of it, and still the cleaned up version most of the time.

Was? I take it you had one but then had it deleted? I recently found out that that's possible, which I think is great. Takes some of the pressure off as I have more than once felt like the following quotes describe.

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    I think it's mostly venting and sometimes a small paragraph/sentence of what I am currently thinking about.

I also have the issue of over-sharing vs. not sharing enough. For me, over-sharing equals an instant feeling of regret and the compulsion to edit/delete.
    Yes! Once the steam is released or burns itself out internally, then calmness and the default me returns. This can lead to instant regret if I expressed it. *nod* When there is no public place to vent these things, I generally keep them to myself and work it out alone and no one ever knows how "bad" it was/is. Those horrific things I don't necessarily mean, but feel damn great to think/say in the moment. They can be easily mistaken for who one really is.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    perhaps, it gives me an outlet for my silliness and emotions and ideas with out clogging the board with ridiculous threads. though sometimes i don't think something is ridiculous til after i post it. it's like hey this hot stove doesn't look hot let me...ow!

i also like attention, not too much though
    True, so true. That kind of blog would be great for just letting my dominant Ne flow and/or tweak an idea. And, it would have the bonus of not having to deal with that realization that sometimes occurs. The one where you've been excitedly spouting out an idea, all of its layers, what it could mean, etc. only to look over and see the person you've been talking to is mentally and passionately axing your face. If you're boring someone, they leave. And vice versa.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    I have a blog but I put mine in the private blogs section. You have to have at 500 posts on this forum to view it. That makes it extremely unlikely that some random stranger or my mom will happen to stumble upon it. I used to just put mine in the NT blogs section but then I had some stuff in there that was rather personal and better placed in the private blogs.

Regarding the personal stuff, it's just things I need to get off my chest but not comfortable sharing with just anyone. I also have some 'fluff' type stuff in there- funny videos and things like that.
    Yeah, same thing here. I usually share stuff I find neat or rant a bit about my feelings. I guess even ranting can serve its purpose - people can relate to what you say and feel less alone. I don't mean for it to be read the the whole world, but I do enjoy sharing these odd and ends with my friends here.

Tumblr is serving as a more streamlined venue for sharing stuff, though, although it's not as private. (It's considered rude to reblog "Read More"s, though.)
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

I decided not to create one as I realised that nobody would be interested in the thoughts I put down. Myself included.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

It's more a personality thing, evaluated then by the reasons one might have for blogging.

Face it, blogging is a risk, the risk increasing the broader the audience becomes. And I'm not talking primarily having to put up with douchebags who might criticize the blog; as you note, the more personal you make it, the more someone has the ability to meddle in your real life, and the more careful you have to be when talking about family and work.

If your personality has a bent in some direction that involves exposing your life for higher truth / connection, then maybe blogging makes sense. Some people don't have that need. For me, it serves various needs of which that is one (exploring life and what I've learned with others, for everyone's benefit). You might also be promoting a cause you believe in. Based on my personality, it's also my way of connection since I feel like I'm not really close to others or have those options open as much as I'd like; it's my current way of anchoring myself within human community. Other motivations could also exist, depending on what you write about. And for me those reasons are more important in some respects than having total privacy or being vulnerable to some degree.

It demands developing a thicker skin, that is for sure, and knowing where the boundaries between people and not feeling the need to apologize if you decide to enforce them.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I think I've grown outta blogs, and just started my own journal. There is just more that I can say and more that I am willing to let out. I notice a difference between a blog and a journal though.

The biggest difference, to me, is having an open conversation versus having the privacy to say almost anything. In an open blog, you can bounce ideas and receive different perspectives. In a more personal medium, like a journal, most if not all, the bouncing of ideas go through your own head.