User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I started with the lofty ideal of having a corner to discuss philosophy related to my interests, but it just turned into period confessions and so forth. I keep it as a way to update those who want to read on what is happening or to post something I don't expect people who don't know me to want to read. It's hard to say if I regret it or not at times.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It gives me the illusion that I'm not talking to myself. I can dump thoughts and feelings and worries and nobody has to listen to it out of politeness or obligation like they might irl. I don't know who reads it unless someone comments or reps me, so if someone wants to read it, fine. If they don't, I'm none the wiser.

I think most of what I write is so boring that people that have it in for me wouldn't put themselves though the torture of reading it in order to use what I say against me. The ROI is too slim. And I provide plenty of ammo elsewhere if that's what somebody's looking for.

Edit: I almost never go back and read because I usually can't stand my former self. If I can't remember when something happened but remember blogging about it, I might go back just to get the timing of an event, etc.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    I started with the lofty ideal of having a corner to discuss philosophy related to my interests, but it just turned into period confessions and so forth. I keep it as a way to update those who want to read on what is happening or to post something I don't expect people who don't know me to want to read. It's hard to say if I regret it or not at times.

period confessions?

And, yeah, that's another thing that I wondered. If it would start to feel like work after a while. Like another responsibility. I usually keep really personal things to myself or share with someone I truly trust and feel close too. It takes a lot. Seriously, a LOT to let someone see the "real me" that includes that soft part inside. But, who knows, maybe getting over that would take away its necessity and not having it wouldn't feel like such a loss.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    period confessions?

And, yeah, that's another thing that I wondered. If it would start to feel like work after a while. Like another responsibility. I usually keep really personal things to myself or share with someone I truly trust and feel close too. It takes a lot. Seriously, a LOT to let someone see the "real me" that includes that soft part inside. But, who knows, maybe getting over that would take away its necessity and not having it wouldn't feel like such a loss.
    Hahaha *periodic* Although I suppose it is tomato and tamahotoe. My regrets often occur during pms.

I'll go long spans without posting anything there, and I think that is fairly common for people, so it's not responsibility.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Hahaha *periodic*

Damn! I guess I can stop searching for that lurid, in-depth post then. "Does she just... keep a record of these? Why? How BRAVE to be so open!"
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    It gives me the illusion that I'm not talking to myself. I can dump thoughts and feelings and worries and nobody has to listen to it out of politeness or obligation like they might irl. I don't know who reads it unless someone comments or reps me, so if someone wants to read it, fine. If they don't, I'm none the wiser.
    That's the draw for me! That thought gives a promise of a sense of freedom that I usually have to vet someone first to have. And, when moments hit, those aren't always, or even usually, around. I'm starting to get that it's maybe not as dangerous as I have been thinking, but I can't tell yet, as I only know what's liable to come out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I think most of what I write is so boring that people that have it in for me wouldn't put themselves though the torture of reading it in order to use what I say against me. The ROI is too slim. And I provide plenty of ammo elsewhere if that's what somebody's looking for.

Edit: I almost never go back and read because I usually can't stand my former self. If I can't remember when something happened but remember blogging about it, I might go back just to get the timing of an event, etc.
    Same here. I'm not sure what it is, but reliving something, NO seeing myself live through something that I put a lot of work into letting go revolts me.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post

If I thought that was even a possibility, I'd freeze mentally. Pressure would cause me to think too much, and I'd like to imagine they're more open and stream of conscious. I suppose mine would definitely have elements of the "bitch" in it. And, by suppose, I know it would. But, hardly enough to gain a persona, but I'm not sure what you meant by that.
    I meant that, if you were blogging and thinking of an audience, you would sort of roll with the punches of their expectations; from that, a persona would precipitate. This is a tangential point though, as that sort of process isn't essential to crafting a blog.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I meant that, if you were blogging and thinking of an audience, you would sort of roll with the punches of their expectations; from that, a persona would precipitate. This is a tangential point though, as that sort of process isn't essential to crafting a blog.
    People do that? Huh. Seems like an empty type thing that I'd get nothing from. I'm glad it's not essential, I'd fail miserably.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENTP

I dunno, I've seen things that make my skin crawl. Like in that thread about enjoying sex without orgasms. How people could stand the misunderstandings, the judging, and the other commentary is beyond me, but I admire the hell out of them for it. For being able to continue to share and put themselves out there and patiently answer questions.

But, I suppose if people only read your blog when they "like" you, or whatever, then it's not as bad. I hope not.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENTP

I have a question. How did you bloggers start them? What was your opening line/paragraph/topic? Was it hard coming up with it, or did you just wing it like you'd had the blog for years and this was just another entry?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery