User Tag List

First 1234 Last

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    It helps me to put things into perspective, and it's good place for occasional rantings.
    Those sound like positive reasons. Particularly, I suppose, if it's something you wouldn't normally say to those around you IRL?

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Some things might end up being used against me on an unrelated argument, but that feedback isn't necessarily useless, unless we're talking about a specific member whom I don't even like referring to.
    Seems like there's always a member or more who uses them. On every forum I've checked out. And, I just don't know how I'd handle that. If it were a really impersonal type blog with just thoughts that come to mind or something, no worries, but if I made it really personal, really in-depth, I'd probably not handle that well. I'm too attached to the soft parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Blogs have always seemed to be weird animals to me. I've started more than 4; I seem to ditch them because they become irrelevant to current events in my life, and sometimes when they're far *too* relevant in the sense that I just repeat yesterday's news.

I think a blog serves as a great way to bring you a sense of accomplishment, even if you don't etch out detailed descriptions of your activities. Simple statements about what you've taken ownership of tend to profit your sense of self-reflection far more than over-analysis and fluff. Consequentially, your blog will have a practical upside. Positive reinforcement, etc.
    Hmm. Heh. I don't know if I'd necessarily get positive reinforcement if I chose to go full-on 'diary' type blogging. But, to do anything less would feel like it wasn't doing me any good.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I didn't even realized I clicked this thread, now that I'm here, why i created a blog? i dunno, why not something to do.
    It was meant to be. When I figure out why, I'll speak up.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Hm I guess it's a little more personal, people give advice or encouragement, or make jokes. Fun, and I think most people don't really care what's in my blog anyway (except the ones that are my buddies on here).
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Hm I guess it's a little more personal, people give advice or encouragement, or make jokes. Fun, and I think most people don't really care what's in my blog anyway (except the ones that are my buddies on here).
    Also a good point. I mean about how it's usually those who would be interested who would read it. Your blog sounds like it must be a LOT nicer than mine would be though.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    If it were a really impersonal type blog with just thoughts that come to mind or something, no worries, but if I made it really personal, really in-depth, I'd probably not handle that well. I'm too attached to the soft parts.
    ^This. I already think I share too much personal stuff already (despite being told quite the opposite).

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    Hmm. Heh. I don't know if I'd necessarily get positive reinforcement if I chose to go full-on 'diary' type blogging. But, to do anything less would feel like it wasn't doing me any good.

I've made blog in which I simply strung different ideas together because it was fun to create a sort of narrative from bouts of inspiration. Frankly, I tend to find it more interesting to reflect off of others; there are other bloggers who feel similarly, so over time they develop a persona of sorts. "Bitchy" personas created by those who get fed up with trivial bullshit seem to draw the most attention.

EDIT: A "blog of inspiration" can't really be forced in any way other than choosing to absorb information in the first place, so planning it out may just be destructive to the process.

/Ne

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I'm going to create a Let's Play video game Blog when my stuff uploads, and I also have blogs developed on my philosophical systems.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Poimandres View Post
    I'm going to create a Let's Play video game Blog when my stuff uploads, and I also have blogs developed on my philosophical systems.
    I would watch your Let's Plays.

WALMART

I thought by maybe keeping a record of my happenings I could reflect with more efficiency at a later date.

Then I remembered I was ISTP.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I would watch your Let's Plays.
    Oh ok cool, well if it starts to suck you can stop watching or skip around a bit...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    ^This. I already think I share too much personal stuff already (despite being told quite the opposite).
    Oh, god, I have a huge blank spot regarding which one I'm doing at any given time. Too much, or not enough. Usually ending up with me doing either one or the other to the extreme. If I keep my mouth shut, I know it's not too much, if I get any encouragement at all that someone wants to hear, (and if personal, won't judge) I'll probably share too much. Probably why I've thought about this for almost five years and still have never done it.

I've made blog in which I simply strung different ideas together because it was fun to create a sort of narrative from bouts of inspiration. Frankly, I tend to find it more interesting to reflect off of others; there are other bloggers who feel similarly, so over time they develop a persona of sorts. "Bitchy" personas created by those who get fed up with trivial bullshit seem to draw the most attention.

EDIT: A "blog of inspiration" can't really be forced in any way other than choosing to absorb information in the first place, so planning it out may just be destructive to the process.

/Ne
    If I thought that was even a possibility, I'd freeze mentally. Pressure would cause me to think too much, and I'd like to imagine they're more open and stream of conscious. I suppose mine would definitely have elements of the "bitch" in it. And, by suppose, I know it would. But, hardly enough to gain a persona, but I'm not sure what you meant by that.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I thought by maybe keeping a record of my happenings I could reflect with more efficiency at a later date.

Then I remembered I was ISTP.

That's exactly what happens to me. The times I have looked back at a journal, I've almost been disgusted. Appalled and ashamed. Like the action of even looking back in itself was distasteful.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery