User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    To be honest and frank, I hate your avatar, I find it demented and terrifying.

Images like that exemplify the perversity that is the human animal.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I cannot know what you intend with your avatar, can only give my impression...standard disclaimer over with, here is my take:

There is a certain haunting pathology about the eyes of this face, the face is distorted until it grows ugly, scary, so this leads me to the following conclusion below.

Life is bizarre, life can be sick, its so ugly but the ugliness has a certain beauty...life can be beautiful in its bizarre sickness...look at it! LOOK AT IT DAMN YOU!

"Human sickness is so severe that few can bear to look at it, but those who do become well" - Vernon Howard
    Very good. The revolting display of perfecting beautification and the beauty of that revolt. The very act of applying cosmetics turns it from an unremarkable spectacle to a demanding beast.

To you, heart, I give a rep point. To CaptainChick, a raspberry.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Peh, thanks I guess.

I have a terrible fear of masks, and that face looks synthetic enough to be a mask and the fact that he/she isn't in fact wearing an actual "mask" makes it all the more terrifying.

I deal with enough suffering and sadness, and I have enough of a morbid, twisted curiosity/imagination that I need not have it supplemented by images such as your avatar.

Really though, it comes down to this, I take people's faces very seriously, and contorted faces scare the shit out of me.

Yours truly,

CaptainChick
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP

I have a terrible fear of masks, and that face looks synthetic enough to be a mask and the fact that he/she isn't in fact wearing an actual "mask" makes it all the more terrifying.
    It's actually a photo of me, and I'm really offended that you think me so terrifying.

Here I am, harmlessly putting on my lippy for a big night out, to make a big splash in a small pond, to impress all the boys, and I get run to ground because my face isn't "hip" and "trendy" enough for a contemporary audience.

I deal with enough suffering and sadness,
    *YAWN*

Really though, it comes down to this, I take people's faces very seriously, and contorted faces scare the shit out of me.
    Well there's the clash, I'm very trivial in the way I take my faces and when contorted they only give me a light release of joy and vapour.

Yours very,

Mort Alabaster Belfry

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Alabaster? Nice.

I like you, Mort. Your pseudonym and my avatar have a lot in common.

MBTI
    INTP

Why thank you. Yes, I've always been jealous whenever I've seen your avatar.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Mort, shit, I am so sorry!!

I had no idea that that was you in your avatar, and I am sorry that I think that this particular picture of you is scary.

I am sensitive to images of faces, (as they seem to bear/imprint substantial "weight" on my mind/psyche).

Really, my issue with your avatar, is *my* issue not yours or anyone else's.

*feeling shitty*

Sorry.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP

Whoops.

You weren't supposed to believe me.

That was a joke, it's not me at all. But I had you going for a second though.

*feeling shitty too*

Sorry.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Whoops.

*feeling shitty too*

Sorry.
    You troublemaker!!!

My gullible, ENFP-ass totally believed your evil, mischievous, INTP trickery.

Damn you and your avatar!!!!

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Whoops.

*feeling shitty too*

Sorry.
    Even pretty people can distort their faces until they look positively frightening... whoever's face it is... it's freaky...

It's like someone took a brush and scrubbed every single inch of the body until there was nothing left but a gleaming, smooth, matte-finish. The picture depicts an enthusiasm for self-beautification which is so extreme as to be grotesque. It's a (perhaps unintentionally) freaky twist on Ethan Hawke's cleansing procedure in Gattaca. Brings up the issue of androgeny as well...

I differ with both heart and Mort Belfry in not being able to find in this excessive self-beautification process the slightest bit of redeeming beauty. It's a Salvador Dali painting with none of the dreamy, laid-back charm... I don't like looking at it... and so, since interpreting avatar pics is about not only what the person using the avatar meant to say, but what the avatar pic says to viewers independently... I would say that this picture is a one-frame homily on not letting consumerism and the marketing of beauty completely drain you of your humanity, like a beautiful woman dipped in embalming fluid.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ENTP

Firelie

This picture brings to (my) mind images and sound bytes from the happy-go-lucky post-WWII American era... when the white-picket fence suburb took its first steps as a homegrown American utopia, with its well-mowed lawns and clean wide streets where the children play and never do anything truly bad... the parents have bright smiles and laugh indulgently at little bits of mischief by the kids, a la Brady Bunch... the media's depiction of the typical family is an almost crazed vision of 'everything in its right place'... emotions are heightened over the most banal of things, like a shirt that's been ironed just right, the perfect soda pop, the new washer-dryer... it's the time when I feel that people began almost desperately trying to live up to the advertising industry's idea of them, an idea that was infinitely stronger than any single product being sold under its auspices.

The bubble gum... bright colors but with jagged edges... notice that there's an electricity in the air, the fingers poised to pop the candy in, the eyes closed in anticipation... and voila! the eyes are opened to the world, there's a charge that's been awakened... a sharp, clear-cut miracle. Firelie seems to be saying, "Life isn't this easy and you certainly can't buy realizations. Yes, it's just an ad for chewing gum, but it's ludicrous... hardly self-aware at all... People who think this way are, well, I don't even want to bother. At best it's funny. At worst it's pathetic." So look on and laugh, if you will, and enjoy the absurdity of the two-panel comic strip. The contemplative ones will realize that there's no "super" anything in real life that can be bought or sold, nothing that will lift you off your feet and make you glad you're alive that can be boxed up... in their commodification the minor joys of life become inverted, tiny claws of control piercing into your skin and clinging there as long as you consent to think and live like a consumer who happens to be person and not a person who just happens to consume (I know... I used antimetabole... but it was appropriate).
    Last edited by Samuel De Mazarin; 07-02-2008 at 01:48 AM.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.