User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    dayum. she's not suicidal! well, she wasn't before that description, anyway.
    "Self-pity, despair, and fatigue...": not necessarily suicidal... at least that's not the way I interpreted it...

you're right about the name. it is meant to show an embracing of the self including and despite of all of its human imperfections. and, most importantly, not allowing others to dictate what constitutes an imperfection.
    <<Digest this sickness>> The name screams that! So does the sharing of last and first letters between words, as if they're being slurred and elided into each other... very dark... it's like, take it if you're man enough and leave it if your name is Pangloss... reminds me of Candide.

you ended up at pretty much the right destination, but got there by taking some street that i didn't even know was on the map... but it's a purty street! lots of trees and flowers...
    That often happens... I was trying to overcompensate so I hit most of the possible points to be made... I'm glad the route was pretty.

the angel themes i use symbolize the 'ideal me' that others project onto me - not saying others see me as an angel, but that they see what they want to (the angel theme symbolizes "ideal" or "opinion" - "not based on reality"); the emotion and/or human qualities i choose for my angel avatars symbolize the true me that either i don't show and/or others choose not to see, and the black and white color scheme symbolizes anonymity... meaning, everyone experiences these same things.

in an extremely whittled down summary, they mean "don't judge a book by it's cover". so...
    Yes... the angel is certainly the ideal projection of others... I did feel like the angel's pose, her expressed emotions, may have been a sort of distorted representation of your true self, your reflection in a fun-house mirror... but I got caught up in how unreal the picture was... how much it wasn't you, and didn't spend enough time in contemplating how it was like you...

Did NOT get that black-and-white symbolizes anonymity... I saw it, in this case, as an expression of the dreamy genesis of the subject... perhaps even the seeing of the world in black-and-white, with distinctly drawn boundaries that don't accommodate the richness of the particular... anonymity works very well though... you're made anonymous be other people's unthinking redrawing of you before they've even gotten to know you. Interpretation can only get me so far... at one point, I've got to get empirical.

DING DING DING DING DING

on the money. almost scarily so, actually.
    Very good... I'm glad it worked out nicely.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    What happens when two ENTP's get together?
    There's friction.

back off, woman.
    Not necessarily solely between the two ENTPs.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Actually, that's a good question... I have very few ENTP friends, I mean, two or so out of a wider friends circle of, say, forty or so people. I don't think this has anything to do with demographics, since I have large enough pools of people to choose from and could have loaded up my friends portfolio with ENTPs...

I find interacting with people who are exactly or largely like me (bursting with energy, aggressive, talkative, hyper-keen on rigor in argument, diverse intellectual backgrounds, almost too much out-of-the-box thinking), which is often the case with ENTPs, obviously, very tiring. I end up frequently having unending games of one-upmanship with ENTPs... I need to take long breaks from myself and I often do that by trying to immerse myself in another person's way of thinking or doing...
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

What about my new avatar?
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Since you've been doing a good portion of work here, I'll do you (no... not that way! ) and you get an outsider perspective since I've been pretty beat and not all that present as of late...

SDM- self pic, meaning that you take some pride in who you are and aren't shrinking from the limelight, though the fact that you're only showing the top half of your face (in a rather Wilsonesque manner) seems to show that you care to keep some air of mystery to yourself. The appearance seems to say that you're cool, not in the trendy way, but in a more artsy, self assured way that math geeks and starving artists have. Self image... tends to say more about what you want to project in the end than who you are, but I suppose that reveals some about you as well
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    What about my new avatar?
    I am not so good at this, but I'll guess.

The glasses represent the lens through which you look out at life and through which you receive your perceptions. This framework is logical, informed, and structured.

The green swirly stuff says that behind the penchant for systems, explainability (sp?) and order, you harbor a strong sense of sense of the essential mystery, vitality, and randomness of life.

How is that?

It is a cool avatar, btw.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Despite not being a frequent poster on MBTIc, would anyone like to decipher mine before I change it?
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    Despite not being a frequent poster on MBTIc, would anyone like to decipher mine?
    lethe... you're always pining for something....
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    lethe... you're always pining for something....
    *Chuckles* What would that something be other than curiosity?
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    *Chuckles* What would that something be other than curiosity?
    well... for one thing you want an interpretation of your avatar pic!

for another thing, the lady in your pic appears to be swooning for want of rescue

and for yet another thing, I have a long memory, and you posted something long ago in the secrets thread which is also relevant to that line of thought

appologies, a bit of an elephant's memory here

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    well... for one thing you want an interpretation of your avatar pic!

for another thing, the lady in your pic appears to be swooning for want of rescue

and for yet another thing, I have a long memory, and you posted something long ago in the secrets thread which is also relevant to that line of thought

appologies, a bit of an elephant's memory here
    Haha. No problem. I'm dreadful at recalling details!

It was the fantasy about 'healing' someone else.

I find it interesting you see the picture that way since it's very separate compared to my interpretation, though I can definitely understand the direction you're coming from.