User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Digesthisickness

An exceptional beauty who's collapsed in frustration, an angel surrounded by shadows... she clutches at herself as if to stop the pounding that's coming from within... eyes are closed to the world... her vestments are (stylized) shreds... she's a prototype of self-pity, despair, and fatigue...

A fallen angel, overtaken by monochrome... perhaps symbolic of lost love, a fall from great heights... the problem, however, is that digesthisickness has given herself away... she's an ENTP with a name that bespeaks disenchantment with perfections and meaningless abstractions, with the shallow vision... This whole scene has an extremely staged feel to it... the pose of the woman, the twist in her body, the gently angled face, the smooth ripped dress... it's all too style academique... it's a farce... the woman looks like a model, she looks like a caricature of an angel... the pathos is bathos is weak...

So, in my humblest of opinions, the avatar pic says this: digesthisickness will not have it. If you take her for the woman in the picture, you have succumbed to your own and the collective fantasies of 'someone needing rescue,' the bleeding heart, but it's a product of your wild fancies... confabulations of abstracted heartbreak. Slice through the thin drama and the veil of a fallen angel, in need of some celestial aid, will give way, leaving in its wake something more flesh and blood, something more full of color, something more spontaneous and human and less a creation of the photographer's craft, the onlooker's dreams... in all likelihood, digesthisickness is looking for strength without condescension, whether the relationship be romantic or platonic...

Who remains behind the illusion of the poster angel? Someone who can perhaps appreciate the need for heightened emotion, but not its manifestation in artifice, in the succumbing to the superficial, to idealizations instead of realities... love and heartbreak and people's individual desires are more real, less plastic, than this picture might suggest... digesthisickness would prefer it if you approached her as a human being of substance, not the two-dimensional portrait of an artist's understanding of her, or as the social construct of how a woman ought to be and ought to respond... in this way, rather than with ethereal ideals blocking your vision of who she really is, you can dispense with 'irreality', the brutal imposition of a wishful perspective, and attempt to gain REAL insight by working for it and not merely conjuring insight out of nothing.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Hey Samuel, what do you make of mine?

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Hmm. Seems like an odd avatar to pick to represent you, then!
    Yeah, I've been thinking about getting a new one.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    An exceptional beauty who's collapsed in frustration, an angel surrounded by shadows... she clutches at herself almost to stop the pounding that's coming from within... eyes are closed to the world... her vestments are (stylized) shreds... she's a prototype of self-pity, despair, and fatigue...
    dayum. she's not suicidal! well, she wasn't before that description, anyway.

A fallen angel, overtaken by monochrome... perhaps symbolic of lost love, a fall from great heights... the problem, however, is that digesthisickness has given herself away... she's an ENTP with a name that bespeaks disenchantment with perfections and meaningless abstractions, with the shallow vision... This whole scene has an extremely staged feel to it... the pose of the woman, the twist in her body, the gently angled face, the smooth ripped dress... it's all too style academique... it's a farce... the woman looks like a model, she looks like a caricature of an angel... the pathos is bathos is weak...
    you're right about the name. it is meant to show an embracing of the self including and despite of all of its human imperfections. and, most importantly, not allowing others to dictate what constitutes an imperfection.

So, in my humblest of opinions, the avatar pic says this: digesthisickness will not have it. If you take her for the woman in the picture, you have succumbed to your own and the collective fantasies of someone needing rescue, the bleeding heart, but it's a product of your wild fancies... confabulations of abstracted heartbreak. Slice through the thin drama and the veil of a heartbroken angel, in need of some celestial aid, will give way, leaving in its wake something more flesh and blood, something more full of color, something more spontaneous and human and less a creation of the photographer's craft, the onlooker's dreams...
    you ended up at pretty much the right destination, but got there by taking some street that i didn't even know was on the map... but it's a purty street! lots of trees and flowers...

the angel themes i use symbolize the 'ideal me' that others project onto me - not saying others see me as an angel, but that they see what they want to (the angel theme symbolizes "ideal" or "opinion" - "not based on reality"); the emotion and/or human qualities i choose for my angel avatars symbolize the true me that either i don't show and/or others choose not to see, and the black and white color scheme symbolizes anonymity... meaning, everyone experiences these same things.

in an extremely whittled down summary, they mean "don't judge a book by it's cover". so...

Who remains? Someone who can perhaps appreciate the need for heightened emotion, but not its manifestation in wild fancy, in artifice, in the succumbing to artifice... love and heartbreak and people's individual desires are more real, less plastic, than this picture might suggest... digesthisickness would prefer it if you approached her as a human being of substance, not the two-dimensional portrait of an artist's understanding of her, or as the social construct of how a woman ought to be and ought to respond... in this way, rather than with ethereal ideals blocking your vision of who she really is, you can dispense with 'irreality', the brutal imposition of a wishful perspective, and attempt to gain REAL insight by working for it and not merely conjuring insight out of nothing.
    DING DING DING DING DING

on the money. almost scarily so, actually.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    DING DING DING DING DING

on the money. almost scarily so, actually.
    Aye. You always did despair of reality and dreams in equal measures

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Aye. You always did despair of reality and dreams in equal measures
    heh. i'd forgotten just how well you'd gotten to know me over the years.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

What happens when two ENTP's get together?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    What happens when two ENTP's get together?
    back off, woman.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    back off, woman.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    i've recently noticed that it's not because "it's the internet" or that my jokes are bad, it's that only cool people get them.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery