User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. #1
    Senior Member helen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    241

    Question What does this mean?

    Okay, so my friend has a ginormous slang vocabulary. In IM conversations, I can't make out what he is saying half the time (exagerration, but still) without asking for a translation.

    His facebook status now announces that he "is ready to truck-punch someone. Any takers?"

    Um, this sounds like he is mad, but I do not know precisely what truck-punch means. Does it just mean to punch someone really hard? Our relationship is at a sorta iffy stage right now, and it's pretty important to me to to correctly interpret his moods.

    I have already tried urban dictionary and wikipedia but no success. So I thought this would be an acceptable request for the fluff zone.

    Can anyone enlighten this overly analytical but ignorant INFJ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member ThatsWhatHeSaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    7,233

    Default

    It sounds like a donkey-punch. That's my guess.

  3. #3
    Enigma Nadir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    544

    Default

    A google search reveals that a Truck Punch is a cocktail.

    Or maybe he just saw the phrase somewhere, liked it, and now means that he would like to punch someone with the intended concussive force of a truck, while trying to sound cool in the process -- and don't we all do that!
    Not really.

  4. #4
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Okay, so my friend has a ginormous slang vocabulary. In IM conversations, I can't make out what he is saying half the time (exagerration, but still) without asking for a translation.

    His facebook status now announces that he "is ready to truck-punch someone. Any takers?"

    Um, this sounds like he is mad, but I do not know precisely what truck-punch means. Does it just mean to punch someone really hard? Our relationship is at a sorta iffy stage right now, and it's pretty important to me to to correctly interpret his moods.

    I have already tried urban dictionary and wikipedia but no success. So I thought this would be an acceptable request for the fluff zone.

    Can anyone enlighten this overly analytical but ignorant INFJ?
    I say you volunteer and report back to us after.

  5. #5
    Senior Member helen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    A google search reveals that a Truck Punch is a cocktail.

    Or maybe he just saw the phrase somewhere, liked it, and now means that he would like to punch someone with the intended concussive force of a truck, while trying to sound cool in the process -- and don't we all do that!
    Hmm, well this actually kinda sounds like him, lol.

  6. #6
    Lallygag Moderator Geoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    5,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I say you volunteer and report back to us after.
    But what if it IS a cocktail? Shouldn't we be helping out by trying it?

  7. #7
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    But what if it IS a cocktail? Shouldn't we be helping out by trying it?
    You first!

  8. #8
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    A better inquiry might consist of the likes of the following:

    "Why do I waste my time on facebook?"
    we fukin won boys

  9. #9
    Senior Member helen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    A better inquiry might consist of the likes of the following:

    "Why do I waste my time on facebook?"
    Ya know, I like that.

  10. #10
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Oh the funny things kids say these days.

    If I were you, I'd keep one step ahead of the curve and start making up ish and then see what people do.

    I wouldn't be surprised if people started copying you, especially if you post on a social 'open source' network like Facebook.

    Also, people misinterpret slang all the time. What's the term for misusing a word so much, the wrong use of the word becomes a legitimate definition? Yeah, it's like that but with some slang words that are so topical and trendy, nobody can figure out exactly what the original or intended definition or even origin is.

    I'd just answer with, "Truck Punch This, Mutha!"

    Comma, Mutha, Exclamation Mark.

    That colloquial trifecta really works.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

Similar Threads

  1. [E4] I'm a 4w3: what does this mean??
    By gigi_xo in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 12:33 AM
  2. Split 50/50 ENFP/ENTP, what does this mean?
    By samuraipig in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 08:39 PM
  3. WHAT does this mean???
    By Little Linguist in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 09:14 AM
  4. Percentage of each function? What does this mean to us?
    By dee in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2009, 02:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO