Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default Best Chain Restaurants

Sure, I like to eat at local places, especially mom and pop ethnic food, and lovely high end restaurants with fine dining (occasionally lol) but there actually are a few cool chain restaurants.

My favorites are probably:

Buca Di Beppo - OMG I LOVE THE KITSCHY TACKY TWENTIETH CENTURY ITALIAN-AMERICAN. This place is like the Disney land of chain restaurants; where else is there a Pope Room, a picture of a fictional "Miss Buca (Basement)" in every room, with a precious 1950's-style pageant winner description, photos of Italian movie stars and other random decor that people over 25-30 remember from their childhood; there's an array of mainstream but cheap pics that some people's grandparents or great-aunt had in the 80s that were left over from the 60s and 70s, and that of course people over 40 may remember their parents having, or even owning first hand. I love this place. It's a fantastic theme for a chain restaurant and the food is decent, with their huge couple-sized or family/group-sized portions and individually portioned smaller lunch menu. Their green salad rivals the Olive Garden in its deliciousness!

Fat Burger - When I first moved to Vegas back in my early 20s, I was like wtf who would want to eat at a place with "fat" in the name? But then I walked into a 60's style motown hamburger joint with the FRESHEST ingredients and real, quality food. They win as best burger place EVAR, in my opinion, and they now have a flavored soda machine to play with at some locations. Gotta dig the music coming out of that place, too.

Mel's Drive In - ...is basically what Denny's should be. Denny's is easier to find, but Mel's has much higher quality old-school diner food and an Americana theme.

Glycerine

My favorites:
    Noodles & Co.
    Popeye's
    Qdoba
    Famous Dave's

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i crave chickfila all the time, idk if fast food counts but ugh they are so fucking delicious. i don't even care about their politics at all because the product stands for itself.

but besides that I hardly ever go to chains out here. I went to a Chevy's in san francisco the other day and it felt strange because I associate that kinda place with the suburbs and all I eat here is at little hole in the wall joints.

now I want chickfila really bad and it's like an hour journey via public transit to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i crave chickfila all the time, idk if fast food counts but ugh they are so fucking delicious. i don't even care about their politics at all because the product stands for itself.

but besides that I hardly ever go to chains out here. I went to a Chevy's in san francisco the other day and it felt strange because I associate that kinda place with the suburbs and all I eat here is at little hole in the wall joints.

now I want chickfila really bad and it's like an hour journey via public transit to get there.
    Chick-fil-A is amazing!
    I really like cats and food.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Chipotle
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Chipotle
    Yeah, this.

I like Steak 'n Shake's 24-hour awesomeness. One of the few things I miss about the Midwest. I also like the Mongolian grill make your own Asian stir fry chains, like Huhot.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post

I understand, Chick Fil A has the best chicken and pickles sandwich if you're going the fast food route, I agree, I'd rather get one there than McD or KFC...I haven't eaten there in years, though, they aren't as popular here as they are in the South yet.

Chipotle
    and the even better Italian Chipotle: Piada

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Chipotle
    I think it was 2004-2005 when I first ate there in Arizona. Bought the stock in 2008.

Glycerine

In & Out is pretty good too