9 34.62%
  • I hate them

7 26.92%
  • I'm indifferent

10 38.46%
First 123

MBTI
    INFP

The food and drink are what make the party, and my family's parties always deliver.

We usually get a little drunk before and take a cab, but my family is cray zay and edges need to be taken off.

Okay, so we just like to drink.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    How could you just flat out not like a Christmas party? People are weird.

20 people, 300 people... it's really all the same, as long as you've got the mind for it.
    All parties are NOT created equal, and I do not have the mind for most of them. How could someone not like a Christmas party? Easy: the noise and crowds; bad music, bad food; people being drunk, acting stupid, talking nonsense and expecting others (e.g. me) to do the same. No, thanks.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    All parties are NOT created equal, and I do not have the mind for most of them. How could someone not like a Christmas party? Easy: the noise and crowds; bad music, bad food; people being drunk, acting stupid, talking nonsense and expecting others (e.g. me) to do the same. No, thanks.

Bad food is a myth :c

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Default Parties in general.

It would depend on who's having the party. I have a friend who is very extroverted, and she's always inviting us to her parties (she has them all the time). I always come up with excuses of why we can't make it, but eventually I think she is going to pin us down and force us to come! She's very nice and our daughters are best friends, and one on one she's great, I just don't like being around large crowds of people I don't know. If the people are laid back and the setting is fairly intimate, I'm fine with that.

As for work related parties, my Husband used to work for a large bank in Miami and every year they had a huge Holiday soiree which I loved going to because everyone was kind of into what they were doing and not so much what we were up to. Also we were seated at individual tables so it wasn't too intimidating. I kind of miss that. The new career I'm working towards will offer plenty of those types of gatherings, few of which I'm sure we'll attend throughout the year.

Edit: I should probably add that previously, the parties we're invited to at people's homes (primarily SJ's), my husband (INTJ) and I are usually shit stirrers and inevitably say things that will put people off. I really don't think it's done intentionally, but maybe when we're tired of discussing sports or their kids, we just kick off controversial (to them anyway) subjects. In any case I've learned that it's probably best we stay home.