• I enjoy them

9 34.62%
  • I hate them

7 26.92%
  • I'm indifferent

10 38.46%
First 123 Last

Permabanned

I actually went to my work party today and had a good time. I Figure I change things up a bit and try and be a little more social.

garbage

I'd take or leave a Christmas party under the same circumstances as any other party, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by nortia View Post
    Christmas parties are only good if you show up a little bit late and everyone else is just a liiiiittle bit tipsy. That way, when it comes time to escape, no one will notice.
    In general, this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleRiver View Post
    I had to go to my husband's Christmas party at work last Friday. I hated it. Almost 300!!! people there. I knew no one but him. Gah!
    Holy shit. Fuck that

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Yes, it is the perfect time to get shit on all my coworkers and control them for the rest of the year

Also getting drunk and having sex with that co-worker you've been meaning to in the closet supply is awesome
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Yes, it is the perfect time to get shit on all my coworkers and control them for the rest of the year

Also getting drunk and having sex with that co-worker you've been meaning to in the closet supply is awesome
    that does sound pretty awesome.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    I'd take or leave a Christmas party under the same circumstances as any other party, really.
    Yes. Small parties with people I know: good. Large gatherings with lots of strangers: bad. I like certain food, holiday music, gifts, but not others so those aspects are luck of the draw. A good party is one where I can find someone interesting to talk with, whether an old friend or a (soon to be former) stranger. There are lots of holiday parties around my workplace. The only one I ever go to is a small carry-in lunch just for my group.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

WALMART

How could you just flat out not like a Christmas party? People are weird.

20 people, 300 people... it's really all the same, as long as you've got the mind for it.

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

I'm indifferent

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    How could you just flat out not like a Christmas party? People are weird.

20 people, 300 people... it's really all the same, as long as you've got the mind for it.
    There might be people you don't like there? maybe you don't like your boss, or you have better plans.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I consider not having to go to parties one of the perks of being married to a truck driver. I am also happy my kids have gotten to the age where I'm no longer required to go to school Christmas (or other) programs.

Apparently I channel Ebenezer Scrooge during holidays.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm not a big fan

I always have my own work party, the man's work party and 3 million (it seems) family events around the holidays and I tend to sit around feeling awkward because I'm the only sober person present in most cases... not to mention that I'm not a fan of loud noises/music, people invading my personal space makes me want to punch them and I'm expected to be fun and merry while I have better things to do, like read something or sip a delicious cup of tea by the fire... I deal with enough people during the workday, why should I have to deal with more?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett