User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Procastination

Permabanned

Default Procastination

Is like masturbation, in the end you're only fucking yourself.

Fabelhaft.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

but will it make you go blind and grow hair on your palms?

these are important questions, good sir!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

garbage

It's also kinda like S&M, because you're also fucking over people who are dependent upon you producing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Depends on what is viewed more important. Usually, when I procrastinate it's because I see what I'm doing at the moment in my own head more important than doing - say - my homework.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

Glycerine

Yeah I felt really bad last year because I had a huge project with a partner and neither of us were motivated (I said I was going to do the paper because we almost got in deep crap because he forgot to put quotes on something) and the rough draft of the final paper (worth 25% of our grade) was a complete mess the day before the final was due (with formatting and grammatical errors, shoddy arguments, and lack of cohesiveness) . I basically told him that we were screwed (and we were) but I stayed up all night redoing the paper and we ended up getting a 96% on it. To top it off it was a research project that we were both very lost about.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Yeah I felt really bad last year because I had a huge project with a partner and neither of us were motivated (I said I was going to do the paper because we almost got in deep crap because he forgot to put quotes on something) and the rough draft of the final paper (worth 25% of our grade) was a complete mess the day before the final was due (with formatting and grammatical errors, shoddy arguments, and lack of cohesiveness) . I basically told him that we were screwed (and we were) but I stayed up all night redoing the paper and we ended up getting a 96% on it. To top it off it was a research project that we were both very lost about.
    Yeah, I like to add that waiting until the last moment, and then working under the pressure and stress of the deadline at the last minute, has excelled me as well into delivering some high grade results.

Also note that, whilst procrastination is almost a daily occurance for me, I can't remember the last time I failed to deliver. I always seem to pull through in the end just fine.

Although even for me there is truth to the OP's post. All this procrastination leaves me tons of free time all to myself which I spend masturbating.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Yeah, I like to add that waiting until the last moment, and then working under the pressure and stress of the deadline at the last minute, has excelled me as well into delivering some high grade results.

Also note that, whilst procrastination is almost a daily occurance for me, I can't remember the last time I failed to deliver. I always seem to pull through in the end just fine.

Although even for me there is truth to the OP's post. All this procrastination leaves me tons of free time all to myself which I spend masturbating.
    The trouble is, how do you know when the last minute is before you don't have enough time?

I don't work that well under pressure, nor when I have plenty of time. I work best when I'm doing something absurdly early. And I still fail to deliver sometimes. I'm just not good at working. I can't concentrate.

The ideal would be to get all my assignments and reading material before the semester starts, and then do half of it over winter/summer break. The last time I took a chemistry class I read almost the entire book over the summer and took detailed notes on it; if I hadn't I would have failed.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post

hahaha, about the fun time. :P I usually found academia (well at least at undergrad level) very easy. I was unmotivated and stressed out a lot but I think i secretly liked procrastination for the challenge. In a masochistic sort of way, I think I liked the feeling of "oh my god... I am going to fail and churning out something at the last minute". It was like playing with fire that I had some control over.

Truth be told though, there were some classes that I most likely could have completely aced if I didn't play the procrastination game... like my philosophy courses.... nothing like trying to completely comprehend multiple philosophers' arguments hours before the test.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    The trouble is, how do you know when the last minute is before you don't have enough time?

I don't work that well under pressure, nor when I have plenty of time. I work best when I'm doing something absurdly early. And I still fail to deliver sometimes. I'm just not good at working. I can't concentrate.

The ideal would be to get all my assignments and reading material before the semester starts, and then do half of it over winter/summer break. The last time I took a chemistry class I read almost the entire book over the summer and took detailed notes on it; if I hadn't I would have failed.
    A lot of times, procrastination was a game for me but sometimes it would help get my creative juices running because I would not have time to over-think things and just do it. Some of my best arguments came at the last minute but the downside would be that the editing wasn't the greatest.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Glycerine View Post
    Truth be told though, there were some classes that I most likely could have completely aced if I didn't play the procrastination game...
    Did that really have to do with playing the procrastination game or your general interests in the subject?

I found that I did 'ok' in stuff I had no interest in and I aced stuff I did have interest in. But I played the procrastination game pretty much on all subjects including the ones that peaked my interest.

Even if I didn't play the procrastination game, I doubt I'd have done much better in the courses I did 'ok' in. Because I'd still not be interested in them.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf