User Tag List

First 234

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I got to watch one when I was doing my internship in laboratory medicine. It wasn't bad. It was pretty messed up because they found out that the guy actually choked to death on some corned beef hash and potatoes instead of Alzheimer's like they thought. That's been eons ago and I can still remember this dead man's face!

I walked away impressed that surgeon's can actually know what the hell they are doing...it wasn't all nice and neat like in the anatomy books!

I was surprised that this didn't upset me but watching a bone marrow on an elderly patient was much, much worse. I had to leave the room with that. I don't know what upset me so much about it.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I got to watch one when I was doing my internship in laboratory medicine. It wasn't bad. It was pretty messed up because they found out that the guy actually choked to death on some corned beef hash and potatoes instead of Alzheimer's like they thought. That's been eons ago and I can still remember this dead man's face!
    Oh man, that stinks for him. :/

Hopefully I'll be able to witness them dissect the abdomen too. I won't be able to help, though.

I walked away impressed that surgeon's can actually know what the hell they are doing...it wasn't all nice and neat like in the anatomy books!

I was surprised that this didn't upset me but watching a bone marrow on an elderly patient was much, much worse. I had to leave the room with that. I don't know what upset me so much about it.
    What was this for? And what do you do now (or what are you going to school for)?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

HAWT!!!

your resident asshole

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post

What was this for? And what do you do now (or what are you going to school for)?
    It was for clinical laboratory medicine. I'm in school now health informatics and information management. About to take a quiz now.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    It was for clinical laboratory medicine. I'm in school now health informatics and information management. About to take a quiz now.
    Ahh sweet! Good luck.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Have you read Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets by David Simon?
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Today we dissected trout and squid. I am always part fascinated, part weirded out by dissections.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've tended corpses before (occasionally, if it was needed and the usual people weren't available whilest everyone else was like 'I'm not doing that!'), sealing lips/eyelids, Placing arms and legs, etc. Not the actual cleaning and dressing part though, that's always already done by the time I get close to a deceased person. But cutting into corpses, not really my thing. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    So today I was able to assist in dissecting out the muscles and tendons of the front lower legs of a cadaver and some of the tops of his feet. I also watched the professor take off an entire leg, which took quite some time. Usually the teacher's assistants do this sort of thing, but there were barely any people there so I got to help. It was awesome.

Just wanted to brag a bit.
    I'm really jealous.

There used to be a good dissection up on youtube that was in many parts, not sure if it's there any more.

I really like seeing the guts of things. I wish I could open my self up and prod all the parts to see how they work and are arranged.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.