User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

Default questioning accepted facts thread

Pretty much just post some of the questions you think up about random stuff and why you think it's illogical even though it is the way it is.

i'll start us off

-Why did they name the dog breed "Bloodhounds" the way they did? I mean i get that they could sniff out blood, but didn't they think ahead and realize it would make it sound like the dogs were savage?

-What was going through the head of the first person ever to drink milk (not from their mom)? Seriously, I wanna know... "olook, white liquidy stuff coming out of this appendage on this dirty animal, let's drink it!" think about it: what the fuck?

Anyone else?
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by acronach View Post

-Why did they name the dog breed "Bloodhounds" the way they did? I mean i get that they could sniff out blood, but didn't they think ahead and realize it would make it sound like the dogs were savage?
    They were also known as Sleuth hounds, and as they were very well known for they're superior keen sense of smell, it was said they could smell the blood of prey and humans from far away. And thus adopted the name Bloodhound as well. They were never actually considered savage. They're short paws and lack of speed meant they were terrible at anything else than being a sleuth or leash hound. For hunting, other breeds were used to bring down game.

Quote Originally Posted by acronach View Post
    -What was going through the head of the first person ever to drink milk (not from their mom)? Seriously, I wanna know... "olook, white liquidy stuff coming out of this appendage on this dirty animal, let's drink it!" think about it: what the fuck?
    Seriously, what? You mean when humans started drinking cow milk? That's actually pretty interesting, I saw a show the other day that was about a specific gene that has evolved in humans quite recently (can't recall exact numbers, but I believe it was said the gene first appeared around 20.000 years ago or so) giving us the ability to drink and process milk at adulthood without leading to sickness or cramps.

Knowing that, the first people that started drinking milk at adulthood must have been really thirsty, as logically speaking, it must have hurt to do so!

I've my questions to these claims for obvious reasons, but it would be very interesting if true.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf