User Tag List

Default Random Queries Thread

The title speaks for itself. Many times I've come to the forum with an off-hand question that didn't warrant its own thread and had no easy way to get it answered. Other members may or may not be generous enough to help out with an answer! So I'll start things off.

My first query. I saw this clip on the BBC News: Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard Prompts Misogyny Redefinition This woman looks pretty pissed at the opposition leader who I am not familiar with. Does anyone happen to know the exchange or issue that precipitated this speech? I'll send a tepid holler @Victor since he seems to be a fan of hers, but anyone is free to answer if you happen to know any particulars.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Sexism and Misogyny

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    The title speaks for itself. Many times I've come to the forum with an off-hand question that didn't warrant its own thread and had no easy way to get it answered. Other members may or may not be generous enough to help out with an answer! So I'll start things off.

My first query. I saw this clip on the BBC News: Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard Prompts Misogyny Redefinition This woman looks pretty pissed at the opposition leader who I am not familiar with. Does anyone happen to know the exchange or issue that precipitated this speech? I'll send a tepid holler @Victor since he seems to be a fan of hers, but anyone is free to answer if you happen to know any particulars.
    Yes, our Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, made a passionate soliloquy in Parliament accusing the Leader of the Opposition, Tony Abbott, of sexism and misogyny. And the video has gone viral in Youtube.

And although I support my Prime Minister's opposition to sexism and misogyny, the Leader of the Opposition was an unfortunate target as he is an active and long term supporter and fund raiser for a woman's refuge as well as raising funds for breast cancer research. On top of that he is happily married with three grown daughters who love and support him. And indeed his political office is run by strong, powerful women.

And unfortunately the Party of our Prime Minister is in its death throes and will lose the next election.

But what is most important is that the speech has hit a nerve world wide. It was a passionate speech which spoke to the experience of many women.

@iwakar

WALMART

Is it possible to become saturated in understanding?