User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Got Rapture? (Don't Forget to Write!)

Saw this today. Just... omg.

*pulls paper bag over head*
    "I am so ashamed."

A new Web site is offering a first-of-its-kind service: sending e-mails to non-believing friends and family who are "left behind" after you are whisked away by God in the rapture...
    And for only $40/year.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Seems like you could leave a note in your sock drawer or something for a lot less money.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTj

I like that it was created by a guy who stocks shelves at the local supermarket. Who can you trust more than that guy?

MBTI
    INTP

"The idea started for me in 1999 when I was… trading equities online and trying to think, 'How I can send my password to my wife if the Rapture happened at this moment?'"
    ...Is it just my imagination, or are humans getting stupider.
    One by one, over the months, the other bulbs burn out, and are gone. The first few of these hit Byron hard. He's still a new arrival, still hasn't accepted his immortality. But on through the burning hours he starts to learn about the transience of others: learns that loving them while they're here becomes easier, and also more intenseto love as if each design-hour will be the last.

Thomas Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

I can't go on, I'll go on.

Samuel Beckett - The Unnamable

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

MBTI
    yupp

If email was possible after you're dead don't you think I'd email my dead grandparents to keep in contact?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    istp

Heard, who wouldn't reveal how many people have signed up for the service, has set up his e-mail server with what he calls a "fail-safe" clause: if three of his five employees fail to log on to their work accounts after six days, the service will be triggered and the e-mails be sent out.

"We don't want these things to go out early," he said.
    That won't work. By six days roving bands of cultists will have already killed off all the semi-believers in their satanic rituals. He should just hire a token atheist to send the mail when all the annoying co-workers disappear.
    No offense.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 6sticks View Post
    That won't work. By six days roving bands of cultists will have already killed off all the semi-believers in their satanic rituals. He should just hire a token atheist to send the mail when all the annoying co-workers disappear.
    What e-mail?

The "The Christians are all gone -- time to take over the world" e-mail?

I don't know, I'm feeling like all this is one more "Let's sit around until midnight on XXXXX date for the spaceships to carry us to seed new planets" scheme... and then everyone's disappointed and the punch gets warm and we run out of bean dip.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What e-mail?

The "The Christians are all gone -- time to take over the world" e-mail?

I don't know, I'm feeling like all this is one more "Let's sit around until midnight on XXXXX date for the spaceships to carry us to seed new planets" scheme... and then everyone's disappointed and the punch gets warm and we run out of bean dip.
    I kept telling them to make more bean dip and pack extra dry ice, but does anyone ever listen to me? no so now I keep hearing complaints from everyone.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I kept telling them to make more bean dip and pack extra dry ice, but does anyone ever listen to me? no so now I keep hearing complaints from everyone.
    yeah. Everyone's a critic!

You think churchy people would know more about food... but NO, they can't pack worth a darn.