User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which gender would you prefer to be?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am male. I prefer to be male.

17 39.53%
  • I am intersexed. I prefer to be intersexed.

0 0%
  • I am female. I prefer to be female.

19 44.19%
  • I am male. I'd prefer to be intersexed.

1 2.33%
  • I am intersexed. I'd prefer to be female.

0 0%
  • I am female. I'd prefer to be male.

3 6.98%
  • I am male. I'd prefer to be female.

1 2.33%
  • I am intersexed. I'd prefer to be male.

1 2.33%
  • I am female. I'd prefer to be intersexed.

1 2.33%
First 5678 Last

Thread: Man or Woman?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Homophobia comes from that kind of assumption...that men who are into men are "womanly" which then is an affront to a man being a man rather than a woman.

So how do you deal with having inner and outer at odds like that?
    I guess I mostly try to avoid it; mostly because I have no way to express how I feel internally. My family is all pretty conservative so we clash on most political issues. They're all extremely religious; my mother is an ESFJ if that tells you anything, so the gay thing was already hard enough for her to swallow, pun intended. She makes small concessions to my gender identity; recently we got new loofahs for the shower, and she got them in all different colors, so she let me pick the pink one. My animosity towards her comes from earlier comments she's made basically humiliating me for wanting to express my femininity; even yesterday when I picked out the loofah she still made a joke out of it. I figure there's two ways I could have gone to satisfy her: Either be a heterosexual man or a heterosexual woman, but the way I feel I'd be more comfortable as a heterosexual woman. I'm just struggling with making myself happy and keeping her happy at the same time.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    If I were to suddenly make a magical transformation into the female gender I would lose lots of my knowledge and willpower because me being male makes me stronger in multiple ways.
    Well, then, i guess you really are fortunate, aren't you?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Grublet View Post
    I guess I mostly try to avoid it; mostly because I have no way to express how I feel internally. My family is all pretty conservative so we clash on most political issues. They're all extremely religious; my mother is an ESFJ if that tells you anything, so the gay thing was already hard enough for her to swallow, pun intended. She makes small concessions to my gender identity; recently we got new loofahs for the shower, and she got them in all different colors, so she let me pick the pink one. My animosity towards her comes from earlier comments she's made basically humiliating me for wanting to express my femininity; even yesterday when I picked out the loofah she still made a joke out of it. I figure there's two ways I could have gone to satisfy her: Either be a heterosexual man or a heterosexual woman, but the way I feel I'd be more comfortable as a heterosexual woman. I'm just struggling with making myself happy and keeping her happy at the same time.
    That's sucky. Hopefully it's a semi-temporary situation. You can make different living arrangements at some point and some of the friction might die down.

I feel you about the conservative family. I'm hetero and have been married to the same man for twenty years, but my family still treats me like I'm contaminated or defective because I'm politically and fiscally liberal and I don't go to church. It doesn't feel very nice, but keeping distance allows me not to think about it very often. Anyway, you're not alone in that boat and I suspect if they are like my family they'd find something to disapprove of even if you were straight and gender-typical (sorry if that's the wrong term).
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

I've always wondered what it would be like to be the opposite gender. I would fantasize sometimes about being on the opposite end of the gender spectrum. Does anyone else experience this? I'm not gender confused or gay or anything btw. I'm straight and am attracted to the opposite sex.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I've always wondered what it would be like to be the opposite gender. I would fantasize sometimes about being on the opposite end of the gender spectrum. Does anyone else experience this? I'm not gender confused or gay or anything btw. I'm straight and am attracted to the opposite sex.
    I'm female, heterosexual, and cisgendered, and I've experienced this a lot. I also frequently have dreams where I'm a guy.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Anew Leaf

If I haven't answered this then my answer is: I want to be a planet.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    If I haven't answered this then my answer is: I want to be a planet.
    But (according to Elton John) it's lonely out in space.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm happy to be female. I don't know -- I just feel like guys get judged pretty harshly for certain things. Girls can wear pants; guys can't wear skirts. Girls can be tomboy-ish or super girly and they both work. Guys, however, are usually not allowed to display any femininity. Also, we're slowly getting rid of all the social inequalities so eventually girls will have all the power.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

'm good. thank you.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    M2F's are not nearly as pronounced; the structures are shifted but more "in-between". There's also a difference in M2F behavior vs gay male behavior... gay males have some feminized behavior but if they do, it tends to be more accentuated, and they still posses some masculine ways to approaching situations, whereas M2Fs are more likely to just fit within the normal range of feminine behavior.
    What defines the "normal range" of feminine behavior? How does one tell if something is outside that range? I would suspect significant overlap between "normal feminine" and "normal masculine", as well as considerable individual variation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grublet View Post
    I figure there's two ways I could have gone to satisfy her: Either be a heterosexual man or a heterosexual woman, but the way I feel I'd be more comfortable as a heterosexual woman. I'm just struggling with making myself happy and keeping her happy at the same time.
    You are not responsible for your mother's happiness. If you are respectful of her as your mother, observant of the rules of the house while you live there, honest and dependable, you have done your part. If it takes more than that to make her happy, that is something she must deal with.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...