User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which gender would you prefer to be?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am male. I prefer to be male.

17 39.53%
  • I am intersexed. I prefer to be intersexed.

0 0%
  • I am female. I prefer to be female.

19 44.19%
  • I am male. I'd prefer to be intersexed.

1 2.33%
  • I am intersexed. I'd prefer to be female.

0 0%
  • I am female. I'd prefer to be male.

3 6.98%
  • I am male. I'd prefer to be female.

1 2.33%
  • I am intersexed. I'd prefer to be male.

1 2.33%
  • I am female. I'd prefer to be intersexed.

1 2.33%
First 34567 Last

Thread: Man or Woman?

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Hysterectomy.
    They wont let me have one. I've asked.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Work out more.
    I could spend all my free time working out and still not have the upper body strength of an average guy that doesn't work out at all. Not worth changing into a dude over, though.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I could spend all my free time working out and still not have the upper body strength of an average guy that doesn't work out at all.
    I don't think he has any idea what your body frame is like.

There are some women who might be able to pull it off (like Gina Carano in "Haywire," or larger-sized women with swimmer-style frames), but most women just can't.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I've heard this before, from some of my guy friends. I personally don't relate to it, but I find it interesting. Does it have to do with control, or vulnerability, or something related?

(If you don't want to answer, it's nbd, I'm just curious about the male viewpoint on that)
    I think any further explanation like that would be post hoc rationalizations. For me it is just something I feel. There must be things that somehow seem intuitively comfortable or uncomfortable to you, they don't even have to be sexual. I'm sure you have something like that, and it's basically equivalent.

I suppose if I were a female then maybe I wouldn't feel that way. Maybe my feelings would be reversed. The answer to the question remains the same, though, because I have no particular reason to change those feelings.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I think any further explanation like that would be post hoc rationalizations. For me it is just something I feel. There must be things that somehow seem intuitively comfortable or uncomfortable to you, they don't even have to be sexual. I'm sure you have something like that, and it's basically equivalent.

I suppose if I were a female then maybe I wouldn't feel that way. Maybe my feelings would be reversed. The answer to the question remains the same, though, because I have no particular reason to change those feelings.
    Yeah. I understand what you're saying and I can't explain it either, it's all just making up an explanation to describe it.

In my personal experience, it was the FIRST experience that was empty and even shuddersome, and now with the second everything is not just right but even glorious... like, "yes, that's what it was always supposed to be." But it's more an experiential/intuitive thing, I can't explain the mechanism by how it concretely works if there is one.

....To veer slightly into what EJCC said, though, there's definitely a vulnerability to it now, but it's more a welcome one and it's both a strength and vulnerability at once. I mean, both roles in a physical relationship are, in their own way, if we would analyze them -- positions of both strength and vulnerability.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

The Iron Giant

male/male

Not that I wouldn't temporarily give the other, more common, option a spin if given the chance.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    I am male. I prefer to be male.

If robot was on the menu though I would have voted that.

Anyone with sex organs is gland driven and not a being of pure rationality or power.
    Not gonna lie, I was definitely waiting for an INTP to say something like this.

(And I'm not trying to make (too much) light of it, by pointing it out that way.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for clarifying.
    I think the feelings would be reversed -- at least, if I were any indication of the general female attitude towards it. Not that I'd have a problem penetrating someone, but more that I'd feel vulnerable all the time, as someone with a penis. Betty White was right when she said that penises are weak and vulnerable while vaginas can really take a beating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    In my personal experience, it was the FIRST experience that was empty and even shuddersome, and now with the second everything is not just right but even glorious... like, "yes, that's what it was always supposed to be." But it's more an experiential/intuitive thing, I can't explain the mechanism by how it concretely works if there is one.

....To veer slightly into what EJCC said, though, there's definitely a vulnerability to it now, but it's more a welcome one and it's both a strength and vulnerability at once. I mean, both roles in a physical relationship are, in their own way, if we would analyze them -- positions of both strength and vulnerability.
    Indeed. Wise words.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Betty White was right when she said that penises are weak and vulnerable while vaginas can really take a beating.
    But sometimes they can be re-attached. Doodoo Wah did a really funny song about Lorena Bobbitt. (Ne tangent)
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Female who prefers to be a female...with some monthly exceptions.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    AVC

I feel I have the mind of a woman; does that count?