Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I loathe mob mentality.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

SingSmileShine

I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and I have an almost-4-octave vocal range.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I brush my teeth in the shower.
    I prefer this to brushing my teeth in a sink. I get to be foamy in the mouth and pretend I'm a zombie or an enraged rabies-infested person.. Or something.

Not at all related to this reply, I like to play imaginary games in the shower. I jump around, lay down, sit, and pretend to be all sorts of things and persons.. From Lara Croft in a jungle, to some wise old lady that reads fortunes with water, to a cop that's really frustrated and stressed about the big case they're working on.. I frequently play these games when I am alone as well, or doing any sort of chore.. It makes just about anything I do on my own funner.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I'm addicted to Star Trek. I've watched like 100 episodes in a week and a half.
    That's impressive. I can't keep that pace up. I did blow through the run of Heroes in about 5-6 weeks, I think, but I just wanted to do other things with my life besides watch TV. By the end, I had to really push myself to get through it that quick.

I loved TNG when it was out, although now I find it kind of silly. I've always wanted to watch DS9 but have never made the time; Voyager unfortunately kind of bored me. It just seemed like more of the same old, same old. I saw a season of it, then gave up on star trek completely back in the day when it was on TV, initial run.

As a weird fact about me, to tie this back in, the last person I lived with (in York PA) drove over to Lancaster (the next town over) for yoga, and guess who was at her little yoga thing? Terry Farrell AKA Jadzia Dax from DS9. Roomie was looking at her during the session, then finally someone else asked her outright and she 'fessed up -- that's who she was. You can even read it on her IMDB page, she kind of stepped away from acting to get married and raise kids out in southern-central PA -- well, apparently she does yoga too. I think my roomie might have even gone to her house once for yoga. It's just funny to meet a TV presence in that area because there's not much else there, honestly... it's all surrounded by farmland and cows.

Those trills get into everything.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

That's funny. I hate the feeling I have to watch TV and will quit a series halfway through I enjoy if I start to feel that way.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    That's funny. I hate the feeling I have to watch TV and will quit a series halfway through I enjoy if I start to feel that way.
    It depends on the series. I really wanted to like Heroes... but I almost didn't survive Season #2, which everyone agrees kind of sucked. I'm glad I did finish it, it did get better. But I think Season #1 was the best. I'm not sure how I felt about the Sylar/Nathan Patrelli twist in the last season, which was kind of cool but also kind of like jumping the shark.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It depends on the series. I really wanted to like Heroes... but I almost didn't survive Season #2, which everyone agrees kind of sucked. I'm glad I did finish it, it did get better. But I think Season #1 was the best. I'm not sure how I felt about the Sylar/Nathan Patrelli twist in the last season, which was kind of cool but also kind of like jumping the shark.
    I usually give up on series in the second series. Heroes was like that, Lost and a lot of others I only made it halfway through the first. I need a conclusion each episode. I blame it on my A Team, MacGuyver watching days.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I usually give up on series in the second series. Heroes was like that, Lost and a lot of others I only made it halfway through the first. I need a conclusion each episode. I blame it on my A Team, MacGuyver watching days.
    heh. Yeah, I don't mind a serial story at all -- the best have smaller stories that do reach some closure but are also part of a larger continuous narrative.

I started watching Lost over the beginning. It's fun, with knowing the entire run, to see details in earlier episodes I had forgotten when watching later when it was still on the air.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

When I was 16 I once read The Lord of The Rings in a single sitting from 6:30 am Saturday morning till 5:45 am Sunday morning.

It's a stupid fact because:

1) It was a pointless exercise beyond my enjoyment of the book.

2) There are much much faster readers than I who probably could have finished that in less than a day, although at the time I was just engrossed in it and going at my natural pace, rather than trying to read it quickly.

Still...those were the days...when my mind was filled with the archetypes of fiction and mental worlds therein.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I'm a descendant of Daniel Boone.