User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    As a weird fact about me, to tie this back in, the last person I lived with (in York PA) drove over to Lancaster (the next town over) for yoga, and guess who was at her little yoga thing? Terry Farrell AKA Jadzia Dax from DS9. Roomie was looking at her during the session, then finally someone else asked her outright and she 'fessed up -- that's who she was. You can even read it on her IMDB page, she kind of stepped away from acting to get married and raise kids out in southern-central PA -- well, apparently she does yoga too. I think my roomie might have even gone to her house once for yoga. It's just funny to meet a TV presence in that area because there's not much else there, honestly... it's all surrounded by farmland and cows.

Those trills get into everything.
    Something vaguely similar happened to my mom the other day! She was going to church and saw someone randomly doing yoga in the courtyard, by the bike racks, and she thought it was a homeless person, and it ended up being Andie MacDowell. It was very weird.

While we're on the topic of random celebrity church connections: Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright goes to my church every other Sunday.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Something vaguely similar happened to my mom the other day! She was going to church and saw someone randomly doing yoga in the courtyard, by the bike racks, and she thought it was a homeless person, and it ended up being Andie MacDowell. It was very weird.
    Well, considering her acting career nowadays, maybe she was homeless.

It's kind of cool. It just puts them in context of real life, though. I remember when I saw Arnold Schwarzenegger (back in the mid/late 90's, they were opening another PlanetHollywood in San Diego or some place), and he wasn't nearly as big as I thought he was.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I once unexpectedly saw Angela Merkel. We were walking passed the old auditorium and there were a lot of cops. A black limo arrives and out comes this minute fat little lady, waving and smiling like ER II.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

- I giggle ridiculously when toweling my hair and laugh like a comic book maniac (seriously, it's ridiculous) when in the car if I feel nobody is listening
    - I have about 30 bottles of ink in my desk
    - I was born in the same town as Albert Einstein
    - I once wrote a little program in QBasic called "Executor" where you could give names to two pixelated guys killing each other (plus the sequel, "The Executions Beyond")
    - I do not eat sausage ends
    - Even though my glasses prescribed because of my corneal irregularity don't help, I still wear them
    - half of my premolars have been pulled to make room for my wisdowm teeth (still have all of them)
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Sometimes I will end up eating the paper stick of the lollipop after I finish eating the candy part.

I don't plan to; I'm just a chewer; it just happens.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I once unexpectedly saw Angela Merkel. We were walking passed the old auditorium and there were a lot of cops. A black limo arrives and out comes this minute fat little lady, waving and smiling like ER II.
    I once talked to Schröder, made a joke (at his expense), and he laughed.

Anew Leaf

I was born a cloud and I shall die as rain.

Drifting in the seas.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I brush my teeth in the shower.
    I have never done this. It sounds potentially enjoyable and like it would keep my sink cleaner.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

My socks never match.
    "To find beauty in loss, hope in darkness."

The Iron Giant

I once broke my collarbone while showing off to get a girl's attention. I doubt it accomplished this, but not long after, we were involved... briefly.

When I was eleven, I was badly injured when I was hit by a car that was, by an odd twist, driven by a friend of my brother's.

Sad movies, TV shows, and video games make me cry. Music that is associated with these can do the same.

I have made thousands of dollars buying old video games and reselling them on eBay.