User Tag List

View Poll Results: What are your feelings towards your MBTI opposite?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm attracted

2 13.33%
  • They're interesting

10 66.67%
  • They're not interesting

1 6.67%
  • I hate/dislike them!

2 13.33%
First 1234 Last

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    seriously? ESFJs are everywhere in the real world you gotta get out more.
    Well I mean, I know I have met a lot of them; I just don't know any of them well, and so I can't get a good "feel" for them or identify any specific people who I am sure are the type. Unless my grandma is ESFJ. I really couldn't say.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I hear they also roast babies and tear the flesh with their claws.
    No, this is what they think I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Edit:

I am not sure what my true MBTI opposite would be. dogE? If so, I would have to say I am ok with them so long as they are of the retriever/lab varieties, smell like fresh baked cinnamon buns, and dont slobber on me.
    Quite so.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

ESTPs are charming and awesome, and scary...
    4w5 sp/sx EII

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Sometimes opposites attract.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I only have experience with one ENTP friend. We were quite intrigued with each other initially because we were so different and there was lots to learn and be entertained by. There was lots and lots of fun and laughter. Then, after a while, we started getting on each others nerves because of our differences. Neither of us truly understood the other and inevitably had large gaps in our value systems. I will say that we communicated with a surprising degree of ease, we never miscommunicated, which is shocking. I think that had we'd been more than friends, we could have bridged our gaps, but alas we were not, so we didn't.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

My opposite is the ESTP. They're intriguing.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

ESTP's are interesting, and somewhat charming. Overall fun to hang out with- I have a lot of xSTP friends. They pull me out of my own head. I need that sometimes, especially when I've been huffing the NiTi gas alone in my room for too long.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    INtP

Not going to put in a vote, as none of the options are really reflective of my thoughts. ESFJ's and I tend to get along just fine socially. I'm very easygoing, and they usually have a healthy respect for goodwill and "get-along-ness" that allows things to work out just fine.

However... I've also run up against some pretty major worldview and communication issues when it comes to more involved friendships, professional relationships, etc. If I had to guess, I'd say that my boss (who I've known for 10+ years) is an ESFJ. He's very friendly and socially outgoing, but neither of us can ever really seem to see where the other is coming from (I'm right, of course ). Our priorities are so vastly different (mine is largely efficiency and "let's get this boring stuff done so we can focus on the interesting stuff", his is more about pleasing management and self-promotion - ihmo) that we butt heads frequently.

My (twin) sister is also an ESFJ. We don't see each other all that often anymore, but when we do, we get along fine, with no conflicts, etc. It's just that our lives and perspectives are so vastly different that we seldom have a lot in common, save family topics and past events and people from when we were growing up. We enjoy spending time together, but there are a lot of forced topics and silent "uh, now what?" sorts of pauses in conversation.

So, I'd say "like, but often can't connect very well with". I'm sure that there are exceptions, of course. It's just that I'm more likely to naturally connect with folks with whom I share more traits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Worse case scenario is I dislike their love for stirring the pot of drama and generally I find them hard to trust. Best case scenario they are warm, heartfelt people who make it easy to talk. I've met both types of ENFJs.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

The INFPs I like, are the ones who I have excellent Ne banter with, and who are completely on the same Fi wavelength as me. The ones who I admire for their free spirit, their creativity, and their principles.

The INFPs I don't like are the ones who spend so much time wallowing in their uniqueness complex, that they forget how to communicate with people, how to be a good citizen, and how to be a good friend.
    (I've encountered this with SFPs, too, and it is beyond frustrating, especially when I end up having to babysit them in social situations. Those types of friends are draining and toxic.)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!