User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Where I Work

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    At the time it may have been cheaper to go that route. But since I am tech savvy I can be very convincing, especially since the boss and family are not tech savvy and they're looking for someone they can trust. So it's easy to explain to them what the spec labels on shelf-bought computers are telling them, and what they aren't telling them. I can show them how computer manufacturers boost the visible specs that everybody looks at (e.g., processor speed), and yet install a cheap, crappy 2 MB video card that most people don't think about in terms of speed (whether it involves opening programs or viewing webpages). So I promised them the works, and that's what I delivered.
    I've done the same myself, not for work, but for myself and some relatives. I like to have exactly what I want in my systems, and when I put it all together myself, it's much easier to fix when something goes wrong. Customer service from most computer retailers is pretty worthless.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    There is no security issue with hand morphology. What would a hacker do with a "hand shape" which is really nothing but a digital code used to represent the shape? I haven't looked into electronic keys but I'm sure they would constantly get lost.

Yes it's expensive but what matters is that the boss loves it. He uses the clock information to deduct money from paychecks of chronically late employees and especially those who forget to punch.

As long as making money is somehow involved, the punch clock system will never go out of style in this place.
    okay, didnt know it was about hand shape. but still i dont see any point of getting it over electronic key. usually those electronic key punch clock whatever things have multiple functions, not only can you use the key as an access to storages or any doors or cabins(and see who goes in them and when, not to mention that you can limit access to some areas from some people if needed), or you can use the key to pay food in cafeteria and take it away from paycheck, you can use it to switch to different task, so that boss can see who is doing what at what time.

what comes to changing shifts. isnt it a good thing for workers to be able to switch shifts, i dont see why they would need to hide it . people work better and brake less stuff if they arent pissed off.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    okay, didnt know it was about hand shape. but still i dont see any point of getting it over electronic key. usually those electronic key punch clock whatever things have multiple functions, not only can you use the key as an access to storages or any doors or cabins(and see who goes in them and when, not to mention that you can limit access to some areas from some people if needed), or you can use the key to pay food in cafeteria and take it away from paycheck, you can use it to switch to different task, so that boss can see who is doing what at what time.

what comes to changing shifts. isnt it a good thing for workers to be able to switch shifts, i dont see why they would need to hide it . people work better and brake less stuff if they arent pissed off.
    Most of the stuff you're talking about is n/a to our company. Being pissed off probably applies in some cases, but not all. Some dumbshit using a spray nozzle to play drums on metal objects is just being a dumbshit. Then someone from the next shift comes in asking me for a new nozzle.

Distributing payclock keys could only serve one purpose here. There would be no cafeteria usage for keys. The idea is to prevent cheating the clock. If you want to know why that is so all-fired important, ask the owner why. Today is payday, and a guy showed me where he lost A DAY'S PAY because he forgot to clock out one day. $$$
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”